1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Banana Foggy

Banana Foggy Member

2. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

Why are you selling it, too large? I thought you and I have a similar build ( i.e. size 2 the default size ). May be you are way taller than me than on pictures. What is the fabric?

3. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

Not it's really good size actually. The shoulders draping nicely and the length it's perfect, also the sleeves doesn't have buttons, so they can be rolled or even tailored but I bought something else similar and wanted to see if someone would want this one. It's cotton 001 fabric. Hidden chest jet pocket, double lapels, side pockets can be access from inside and outside.... All the yohji stuff :D

4. davidlee388

Sounds very good, btw how tall are you? I ask because I am naturally a size 2 ( although about a quarter of my stuff are sz 3 depending on the cut ). Also I notice SS06 can be a bit random, one blazer fits perfectly in sz 3, then a coat I needed a sz 1.

Cheers :)

5. dantebykiko

175 +/- 1-2cm. haven't measure myself properly.... same hight as wire.

6. davidlee388

Thanks, he told me you 2 met in Berlin.

7. davidlee388

If you don't wear them much and have other purchases in mind, nothing wrong to move them on especially the price was right.

Are the SS13 ones more Harem than Hakama pants?

8. the shah

the shah Senior member

yeah and that's why i think i can get more wear out of them.

especially these, i just like color too much :p

http://s18.postimage.org/ajyl7abfc/Homme_Mode_YYSS13o.jpg
    http://postimage.org/image/mjeosc6dx/
    http://postimage.org/image/9x8v98tat/
    http://postimage.org/image/l71l46yc5/
    http://postimage.org/image/5hqg3zgwl/
    http://postimage.org/image/pchjn82fp/
    http://postimage.org/image/bzeeklxlh/
    http://postimage.org/image/5c06gz7md/
    http://postimage.org/image/util0kpcl/

9. xumatrix

xumatrix Well-Known Member

big and warm welcome´╝ü
    [​IMG]

10. davidlee388

Simple AW08 Set Up

[​IMG][​IMG]

YYPH AW08 Look 1 Tartan Blazer ( HE-D08-125 ) - used as a layering piece under the Handstitched Blazer on Runway. D- code? is a mystery. Complicated 70/14/13/3 wool/acrylic/polyester/nylon blend, feels like thin wool scarf fabric. Size 2, very long buttonless sleeves ( tailored, they were same as jacket length ), 3B closure, peak lapels. 2/3 lined in cupro ( you'll see why ), grey with red/brown/white tartan pattern, 2 bottom flapped pockets with hidden button closure. Amazing trick at the back with 9 unlined long pleats asymmetrically arranged from middle of left pocket to just shy of right pocket. Flowing bell shaped silhouette, superb in motion, great construction. All these beautiful features were all hidden on Runway which demonstrated amazing depth in his shows. A layering piece can hold its own easily, staggering. I like to exaggerate the ballooning style by pairing with super baggy pants.

Y's for men AW08 Drawstring Pants ( ME-P52-074 ) - 100% interlocked cotton baggy trousers.

YY x Adidas AW08 Leather/Fabric YY G8 Zip Boots ( HE-E02-721 )

Basic SS Tee.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  11. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

I'm glad you fessed up shah :laugh:
    I saw the ad on sz and my jaw dropped!

12. the shah

the shah Senior member

justoneeye no longer shows Yohji in the list of designers :paranoia:

13. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Wow, david, pretty glad to see that jacket like this. Would not have known it had pleats at the back like that. Looks really cool I think.

I completely missed seeing both the opening and closing ceremonies live which was pretty disappointing, but hopefully I can catch up on YouTube. Great to hear that Madness performed anyway even if they were not in Yohji :).

shah that's pretty weird with justoneeye. I hope they put it back up for FW12. Have they started putting up their current season buys yet? Over on SZ I saw people complaining that the Barney's drop was just a more boring version of the Atelier drop which is disappointing. I will try and get the Maxfield's drop and post it on here if I can get them to send me pictures this season. Apparently they didn't pick up much last season but they told me they would be getting some stuff in this season. Will see.

Oh yeah, Guy Burgess, you need to go into Eastern Market and do some recon, it is all for the greater good and at least, even if you can't pick up anything now, you will be able to later I am sure, so good to know what to keep an eye out for eh? :devil:

14. Magic1

Magic1 Senior member

the shah, I am almost positive justoneeye is keeping yohji. I was there recently and they said they like yohji a lot and he's one of their best men's designers (in terms of sales, obviously he's their best in terms of design...).

The only thing funky about justoneeye is that yohji has required them to keep the line as an online brand only--no in-store purchases.
    I was at maxfield's recently and they had no yohji yet. They had recently received some cdg, which was a better offering than barneys, so most likely the yohji offering will to be better than barneys.

15. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Hmm, that's interesting that YY insisted that it be online-only. Most companies seem to want to keep their stuff offline. Good to hear that Yohji is doing well for them anyway.

As for Maxfield's I actually really enjoyed the two times I was able to go to the store. The staff is interested in the clothing they stock and they tend to have really cool buys as well.

16. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Helps that it looks like an editorial shot, but I really like this. shuitsang off of tumblr/SZ

[​IMG]

YYPH
    MA+
    YYPH
    Guidi

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
    4 people like this.
  17. elephantstone

elephantstone Active Member

18. the shah

the shah Senior member

sorry to create panic :p i don't see fw stuff, and the list of designers doesn't include yy, but if you search you can still find the ss12 stuff tho not much left

19. dantebykiko

people with lots of free time and money who jumping from brand to brand. yohji won't last there trust me.

20. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Disagree. Just seems like someone with an interest in fashion buying clothes that he likes....

Yeah the photography makes it seem a bit...fake, and the tumblr format is inherently fad-ish, but it still looks good, and I think it's a bit harsh to jump on someone's motive based on their tumblr and what brands they're wearing.