Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

Great stuff you have there and they fit you really well [​IMG] Is the suit on the runway? SS08 was a stupendous collection, the pants especially were breathtakingly constructed yet very functional and practical. You need to post the fabric codes lol ( or you have done it already elsewhere? ) I have the Look 2 pants in black cotton, the construction is crazy. The runway showed the pants at the narrowest setting at the shin part I think. There is a long roll of buttons on each side of the leg to adjust the width, plus buttons on cargo pockets, belt loops, back pockets and closure buttons. In total 87 buttons! The cotton is the softest type imaginable. The fabric combined with those buttons allow different silhouettes to be achieved. I have mine in sz 3, need a belt to wear, got them at a bargain price of circa 11k yen. Since then I have seen a sz 2 on Y!, someone should snap them up, in fact anything from SS08 really lol.

2. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

omg. SS99 and that 08 suit on one page! :slayer: The 99 show was so sweet. The couples concept is just so lovely. Actual emotion and sincerity seems so rare in fashion. At least that's what I read into it. Plus I love that it's mostly a suit collection. Lots of great, casual oversized suits in many colors... and floral prints :). I love the girls wearing suits, too.
    [​IMG]
    Ivwri, that suit is truly bad-ass. Thanks for the detailed photos. It looks great on you. You know that one's on my grail list. The fabric is cool, right?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012

3. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

david, Parker already submitted the code for the pants so all I had to do was update the actual fabric composition since his pants are a sample item and lack fabric tags :D. The code is HM - P18 - 328 for the pants and HM - J19 - 328 for the jacket. SS08 was indeed an amazing collection with all kinds of cool things going on with the clothing.

The fabric is indeed very cool. I will definitely keep an eye out for the jacket for you so you can also complete your set. It is a worthy grail :nodding:

4. esox

esox Senior member

sorry for the multiple post but it gave me error messages after posting.
    is it possible to delete it?
    cant find a delete button.

5. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Thanks for the detail shots esox. You can't delete posts unfortunately, but you can edit them. So probably just edit out all the content from all but one of your posts and that should be okay.

6. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

put some shoes ivwri! i like the whole gangsta vibe and those drug dealer pockets [​IMG] reposting my new suit this time in "motion".

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. zissou

zissou Senior member

Inasmuch as it is unlikely that I would be wearing Yohji anytime in the near future, I would just like to say that I truly enjoy reading this thread.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012

8. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

those pockets :slayer:. that is all.

9. Arche

Arche Senior member

I've been admiring all the amazing Yohji finds people have been posting for a while, especially Ivwri, who seems to have an endless supply of fantastic stuff in his closet; but, so far, I haven't been able to start my own collection. As someone who, until recently, was a full time student, there's definitely no way I can purchase Yohji at retail prices, so, like some others here, I have to rely on finding things second-hand. Anyway, I've just bought this lovely YYPH jacket. It should arrive in a few days, so I'll post some more pics when I can try it on. This is my first mainline Yohji item, so I wanted to get something that would be fairly versatile, and this strikes a nice balance in that it's a simple dark jacket, while it also has the interesting detail of the white panels that continue around the back of the collar. Not sure exactly which collection its from yet, but apparently mid to early 90's.

[​IMG]

10. esox

esox Senior member

thats a nice jacket arche! well done! :)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012

11. esox

esox Senior member

thats a realy nice suit ivri! looks cool!! where do you find all that beautiful stuff?

unfortunately i dont have many yy jackets to share. i am searching for some more classic ones in gaberdine or cotton but did not find any suitable size for me this season.
    but if someone is interested i can post some combination of issey miyake jackets with yohji trousers and shirts.

12. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Well, as most of you guys know, Yohji's SS13 showing for men is today. You can live stream the photos on here - http://nowfashion.com/28-06-2012-yohji-yamamoto-menswear-spring-summer-2013-paris-show-2074.html

Arche that's a really nice looking first pick up! I think sourcing Yohji from eBay/Y!/Rakuten/Classifieds etc. is probably the best way to go as you have the whole range of collections he has done as options that can become available hehe. You can also get soem very sweet deals. In a way, I think this is probably more in line with Yohji's philosophy as a designer. He famously said he wanted to "design time" after all, infusing his clothing with about 10 years of age and wear already before they were ever put on the rack for purchase. Picking stuff up used infuses his clothing with this character already and at way more reasonable prices than at retail which again helps with his philosophy of trying to design clothes for everybody as opposed to just a select few.

13. valter

valter Senior member

I'll be attending today the S/S2013 show + the after-show cocktail party with Yohji Yamamoto himself.

I might take some pictures for you at the party if possible.

This is damn exciting!

14. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Damn! So envious right now. Very happy for you. Definitely take pics!! If possible one with Yohji himself, hehe.

Wearing SS08 jacket with SS08 zipper pants today. Tshirt is from SS12 and is very nice! The french seam detail is cool and makes for a very interesting standalone tshirt in my opinion. Very nice cotton too. Pants (HM - P01 - 007) are a 75Cotton/17Nylon/6Linen/2Polyurethane blend with cupro lining in some parts and look almost like a ramie blend of some sort. Very dry and soft. Wearing with Ann high tops.

[​IMG][​IMG]

15. asobu

asobu Senior member

^Ivwri, you've posted some great ss08 on this page! these three pieces and especially the two pairs of pants are very cool and sport some signature detailing for this collection. He really did an astonishing variation of great cuts for pants for this season, with the pockets, zipper details, suspender iterations, prints etc. Good write-up too, it's always nice to hear a bit more in detail about the garment and fabric/feel etc

I particularly like this last fit, looks great with that white tee. Good silhouette, interesting details, super wearable and stillquite special.

Very nice jacket. It's from AW89 and it (or an iteration of it) is actually part of those archive pics I posted earlier:

[​IMG]

as you can see in the back, there were several types of jackets with this white banding detail on lapel and sleeves etc. Like you said, you'll find it quite versatile and not probably not extremely boxy like some of those older pieces can be. Glad to see you join us!

lucky bastard.... but yeah, happy for you :slayer: