1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

That's great Xumatrix! I saw a Yohji fit of yours over on peoplewearingyohjiyamamoto tumblr and on SZ with the AW11 shirt-jacket hybrid.

Good stuff.

Looking forward to your posts in here and welcome to the forum :).

2. xumatrix

xumatrix Well-Known Member

Cheers for your kind and quick reply :)
    Here is a big gift for all fans the pdf version of my dear bomb written by yohji. Just enjoy
    http://dapinc.com/YY My Dear Bomb EN - PRESS.pdf

3. asobu

asobu Senior member

for the 200th 201st post we should celebrate this magnificent thread with something equally good

This coat is godly, one of my holiest grails and the only thing better might be the long DB version. Sizing be damned, if I find this I'll pick it up in any size

[​IMG]

Also, Ivwri, awesome job on posting all of those codes. You don't need to to scan it, it should be up online soon (hopefully). :slayer:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  4. y2knp

y2knp Senior member

did you guys cop some nice cloths yesterday on gilt? Yohji was on sale up to 90% off. my wallet was robbed.

5. stevent

stevent Senior member

Almost bought the camo blazer, restrained myself

6. y2knp

y2knp Senior member

lol, i copped a blazer and pants.
    the Yohji was over- priced on gilt, I got yohji pants from gilt and it showed the original price was 1200, I found out on the tag that its msrp was only 50000 yen(=550 us), it's retail price jacked up a lot in the US.

7. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Unfortunately for me, Gilt doesn't take Nigerian visa or mastercards so I stopped keeping up with their sales. That's cool though. What season's stuff? Sounds like it was "The Men". That's the one season I distinctly remember seeing a camo blazer.

Take pics when you receive them and post? :D

8. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Also asobu that coat is indeed excellent. I should stop looking at coats and knits though. The temptation to buy gets harder and harder to resist and they'll hardly get any wear :(. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and move back to a temperate climate then I can buy all the coats and knits I want :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  9. stevent

stevent Senior member

Japanese stuff is always a bit overpriced in the US anyways. And look at brands such as RRL or Alden in Japan the prices are crazy high

10. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Wore a linen blazer from SS10 today. It's a simple jacket, but I like it. Wore it almost every day for a week when I went on a business trip last year. The linen has a lot more detail and texture to the colour than is shown in the main pics so took a few close-ups. The lining is cotton in most areas with some cupro. Pants are a linen/cotton/polyester blend from SS11 and move amazingly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Detail shots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  11. asobu

asobu Senior member

Wow that linen does look great, especially in the full body shots. Cut and material of the pants look spot on too, nice summer fit!

90% off? Dammmnn, I would've loved to get my hands on soem 4.1 love if I could. Fucking Gilt, I never bother checking either since it's such a hassle to get a proxy on such short notice but I'd be willing to try if the deals were that good. Lots to choose from? I know they had some ss09 up for sale last fall that didn't get sold as far as I could tell, there were a couple of pieces I would've liked to pick up.

12. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Thanks!

And yeah, the issue is the limited sale period. No way I could get a proxy in time either. Ah well, can't have everything :).

13. Fashion Fan

Fashion Fan Senior member

Some stuff is better reserved for the run way than the street, Yohji is a prime example of that.

1 person likes this.
  14. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

I'm pretty sure he'd disagree with you -

[​IMG]

They'd also disagree -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:)

5 people like this.
  15. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Wow, great pics. First thing I've ever coveted with dragons on it. And the dress/skirt with the wings on it is incredible.

16. y2knp

y2knp Senior member

the selections were great yesterday, about 10 diff blazers and pants. its stuff moved really quick , it was sold out in one hour

17. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

asobu: now gilt has international shipping for 20usd.

ivwri: im sure you can borrow someone's CC in london or sth and ship it there!

18. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

My stuff just got here. I know the stuff is supposed to be loose fit, but this shirt is too big right? I don't have the option of sizing down b/c it's sold out. $175 tee so I want to be sure. Or is this how it's supposed to be worn?

[​IMG]

I got the hoodie in a 2. Too slim? I can exchange for a 4.

[​IMG]

Pretty sure this wool coat is awesome.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

i feel like you really need to commit to the yohji aesthetic for this stuff to work. dark indigo jeans is not an option

2 people like this.
  20. Lane

Lane Senior member

agreed, plus a lot of the volume comes from the bottom half of yohji stuff.