Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Always liked this look (I imagine it looks even more awesome in person - I wouldn't rock the kaffiyeh, but still). Not sure whether the skirt is from SS04 or one of the knit wrap skirts from AW05/06.

[​IMG]

Think I will pick up a pair of red shoes this year :nodding:

EDIT: That sucks about the no picture rule :(. Guess I got lucky with the Yohji store in Paris.

2. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Added an additional online store to the OP - Penelope. Looks like Farfetch has them as one of their suppliers, but there might of course be different stock on their own website.

3. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Regarding the Rick skirts, I have not tried them nor is it really my thing. I wasn't referring to the skirts themselves, but to the way they were styled - they all looked sort of jammed into a fitted blazer up top, whereas Yohji's are all styled with loose tops.

The Yohji guys look like they threw on a skirt because it's comfortable and fuck what anyone thinks; the Rick ones throw off a different vibe, in my opinion, whether you like the skirts or not.

4. Lane

Lane Senior member

or its simply two different styles, yohji is obviously about volume

5. asobu

asobu Senior member

Yohji's SAs are just so accomodating and friendly! (at least in japan)

Anyway, I think that skirt might be from AW09? I'm not sure, Steve modeled for SS09 but I don't think Yohji did skirts that season, but makes sense if he was involved somehow in the next collection as well. I know they produced at least one kind of skirt for AW09 (makes sense, that collection also featured hakama-esque pants) though it wasn't modeled on the runway.

Re: red shoes, the AW01 red suede creepers have been on my list for quite a while now, lucky we're (probably) not the same size!

6. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Yea, the SAs I met in the Paris store we're all very nice. The one that helped me out was half-Nigerian which was very cool as well. On a side note she was gorgeous. Looked like a model.

Yeah I think we are different sizes. Means we can be on the lookout for the shoes for each other :slayer: (and even if we aren't can still hook each other up, hehe.)

I believe that the knit skirt wrap I got fro wire is this one McQueen is wearing, but in black. Will know once I get my hands on it (dunno when now as most international flights into the country were canceled due to the protest and strike action currently going on and was hoping my mum would bring them in for me from the UK).

7. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

8. asobu

asobu Senior member

Yes, we need more pics!

YY AW96 was so incredible, some amazing pinned coats, knit outerwear and sculptural dresses. A few examples, including the one above:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012

9. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

Why can I not see asobu's pictures :(

am I the only one?

10. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Nope. Was just about to post about that. lol. I end up having to right-click and open in a new window in order to see them. Dunno why.

11. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

12. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

I really like this coat, not sure what season. Probably would be my favorite Yohji piece if I had to choose one. From wire.artist on sz
    [​IMG]

13. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

All these are Yohji images from various lookbooks, shows and photoshoots I have been collecting on my hard drive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012

14. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

I think that coat is AW07/08. Very nice. Hadn't seen that picture of wire.artist before.

EDIT - Yup, same season as the first image I posted of the guy with the erotic print coat.

[​IMG]

15. asobu

asobu Senior member

^it's the opening jacket from AW07 and pretty much one of my bigger grails. I've seen it on sale just a few times and it always goes really high so I missed out both times. I actually tried on that very jacket and it's like a dream, so incredible. Didn't want to take it off.

but wft, why the hell can't you see the pics? Either way, let me tell you they are amazing

can you see this:

[​IMG]

or just when clicking this link?
    http://s5.postimage.org/t9l5ipl91/photo_mid_def_1021261.jpg