• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yet another reason to NOT shop at Nordstrom

Merckx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jsherman02
Here are some pics I had before I sent them to my tailor....loose stitching, pilling, etc.

Uh oh. I have a feeling what is coming next.

jsherman02

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
You have $18,000 in sports coats? Jesus what do you do for a living.

Doesn't everyone?
smile.gif

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I cannot help that I do not accept half ass work.

If you truly were interested in not having half assed work done, you wouldn't be getting Hickey Freeman/Burberry anything. Those are decent enough, honest products (HF, not Burberry), but they are middle of the road, if that, on the high end quality scale. Instead of buying 6 HF jackets for 6K, get 2 jackets from a bespoke maker (look at the names discussed here) or get MTM Oxxford. You'll have the attention and care put into the garment that you are looking for and the relevant customer service. HF probably sells in the 50-100,000 jackets a year. You are not going to get the kind of quality control you are looking for at that level. Also, take a good look at how you are wearing these jackets. I have banana republic and polo casual jackets made in china that have taken on a lot of wear and tear and it is quite unusual that 6 jackets show as much wear as you claim.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
^ Exactly what I was trying to imply with consumer's often lofty customer/quality/service expectations.

rick1977

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
If you truly were interested in not having half assed work done, you wouldn't be getting Hickey Freeman/Burberry anything. Those are decent enough, honest products (HF, not Burberry), but they are middle of the road, if that, on the high end quality scale.
Does Hartmarx do both of their MTM programs?

Sid

Reaction score
"It sounds like to OP has been "blacklisted" for one reason or another. Excessive returns, etc.
His attitude here is one of "entitlement" so I can see why Nordstrom would take that stand all the up the chain of managers."

I wish more quality stores would do this. The abuse of honest retailers with excellent return policies hurts those of us who aren't boorish.

Sid

Reaction score
"If you truly were interested in not having half assed work done, you wouldn't be getting Hickey Freeman/Burberry anything. Those are decent enough, honest products (HF, not Burberry), but they are middle of the road, if that, on the high end quality scale."

Well said.

Minkous

Reaction score
I'm just a sales associate at Nordstrom but I know at my store (along with my store managers) we are told that we are to take any and every return (pretty much) with a smile, as these acts of great customer service are what drives our business. Its one of the main reasons people shop there. but sorry to hear about ur misshap

jsherman02

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sid
"It sounds like to OP has been "blacklisted" for one reason or another. Excessive returns, etc.
His attitude here is one of "entitlement" so I can see why Nordstrom would take that stand all the up the chain of managers."

I wish more quality stores would do this. The abuse of honest retailers with excellent return policies hurts those of us who aren't boorish.

Listen, for the last time, I am not black listed....they were tired of my complaining. They are still encouraging me to shop there, just not purchase HF jackets.

Ed made a valid point, but agreeing with him does not have anything to do with the lack of yours, or the validity of your uniformed comments.

Say what you want....I have learned my lesson and will not by HF related garments in the future.

jsherman02

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sid

Sid,

I contacted the managers...they never contacted me. The store manager was happy to help with a loose button here and there, but I was looking for a resolution to these issues, not a short cut.

AwkW

Reaction score
Here's what I understand:

(1) Nordstrom has a very liberal return policy.

(2) Nordstrom does not have a liberal repair policy.

(3) jsherman02 wants great jackets, but mistakenly bought good jackets.

The liberal return policy exists for this exact reason. You wanted something; you thought you bought it from them, and they thought they sold it to you; ultimately, though, what you bought was not what you wanted. Both sides made a mistake. Return the jackets, and buy the quality of jacket that you now know you want.

Or am I missing something?

JR88

Reaction score
It blows my mind that you have spent $18k at Nordstrom for 18 HF/Burberry jackets. For about six reasons. If I had that kind of money to spend on jackets, I'd be somewhere other than Nordstrom. (Not meant as a knock on Nordstrom, which I think is a fantastic store for poor people like me.)

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Listen, for the last time, I am not black listed....they were tired of my complaining. They are still encouraging me to shop there, just not purchase HF jackets.

Ed made a valid point, but agreeing with him does not have anything to do with the lack of yours, or the validity of your uniformed comments.

Say what you want....I have learned my lesson and will not by HF related garments in the future.

BTW, my first comment was flippant, but I am not trying to be a smart ass. I've been in your shoes. It's just an education process. 1k is a lot of money for an article of clothing and at the same time it's not a lot of money. HF is what it is. I still think you need to take a look at how you are wearing these jackets as it sounds like you have a lot of jackets and even if you wear a jacket everyday, your rotation would almost assure a multi year life for any of them. If you still believe it's the jackets, then you will have to move up money wise. Also, stay away from delicate fabrics. I'm rough on the crotch of my pants and I usually only wear either cotton or sturdy wool pants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics