• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Yet Another Luggage Thread

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know, I've gone through the search feature for this, and I found the same recommendations listed.

I'm a light traveler. Light as in, a few times a year I'll take multiple-day trips by car or plane. Nothing extensive, never international. I tend to travel with a carry-on and a messenger bag. I'm looking for a carry on bag that will last and looks decent. I'm not a fan of the hard shell exterior bags (such as Rimowa). They get all dinged up and scratched and look wretched pretty quickly. I'm leaning towards Briggs & Riley for their well-known quality and guarantee, but am looking for something that has a less generic look to it.

Filson's luggage (that they currently have on their site, at least) look too small. Not really feeling Saddleback for this, either, though it'd be nice if they made a bag like this instead of the (admittedly awesome but in my opinion impractical) suitcase and waterbags. I don't really want to go the LV route, either, because TBH I think their logo plastered on everything looks terrible.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Last edited:

OliverGauffe

Reaction score
Just purchased the most amazing suitcase from Samsonite. It has the hard flexible shell and an expandable zipper. It rolls so nice and smoothly in an upright position, it's amazing. It's also very light. I think I'm a little bit in love with it. Got in on sale, but a new one will run you more than $300. Well worth it if you travel a couple of times a year, you'll keep it forever. They have a lifetime warranty as well. Highly recommended!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 60 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 115 33.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 104 30.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.4%
  • 9”

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%