1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yet Another First Suit Critique

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by stratcolby, Dec 1, 2009.

1. GQhustler

GQhustler Senior member

My only advice is not about your suit, but your shirt. Get rid of it. Makes you look like a blueberry.

2. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

My only advice is not about your suit, but your shirt. Get rid of it. Makes you look like a blueberry.
    True, that is a horrid shirt. Suit looks pretty good. A couple of small issues: button point is a bit high, length is a smidge short (but is still usable), and the peak lapels lends it to more of a nighttime wear suit rather than business.

3. stratcolby

stratcolby New Member

No worries, that's not what I'm going with... the new dress shirt and tie are in the mail. I really am starting from scratch here.

As suggested, I'm finding an independent tailor. And I suppose that's fine if this is just more of an evening/formal/event suit... I'll pick up a notched lapel navy suit when I need the business look.

Thanks guys!

4. romafan

romafan Senior member

anyone not noticing the huge vertical creases at his back? shoulder a bit too wide?

like a lumbar torque? [​IMG] WWFS?

5. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

As stated by a few posters: do NOT button the bottom button! Otherwise, no bad.

6. EZETHATSME

EZETHATSME Senior member

Agree with the general comments of others, good purchase for online. Good idea on the tailor too. I like the suit.

EZ

7. literasyme

literasyme Senior member

Looks OK -- the overall shape is quite pleasing. The jacket is absolutely, categorically not too short -- you appear to have fairly long arms, which makes the hand-curl test for jacket length useless.

The back does look a bit messy, and in my experience, even a good tailor will only be able to clean that up so much. I wouldn't add more waist suppression, as that will only exacerbate the problem at the top. Does the jacket hug your shoulders or does it extend beyond your natural shoulder line?

Sleeve pitch isn't perfect, but that may just be your posture. On the whole, not bad.