• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to get the tobacco colour for my first try at these MTO trousers, but that brown looks beautiful. I've been trying to figure out sizing. I normally wear a 32 in Spier & Mackay, but these days I find myself pulling the side tabs on my S&M trousers more, so contemplating dropping to a 31 at Yeossal. The no returns makes it tricky, but I guess I can always adjust the size slightly at my tailor.

Yeossal 31 would measure 31" and a Spier & Mackay 32 would measure 33.5". So keep that in mind. If you are looking at the cotton I would say lean on the larger side and tailor them down vs letting them out. I had to let my first pair out an inch in the waist because of how TTS they run, and it left marks in the cloth.

Then after your first pair Yeossal should just be able to adjust the pattern based on what your tailor did. For me that meant that waist adjustment as well as the final inseam (which they nailed and in turn saved me a bunch on local alterations)

For reference I wear a 34 Contemporary and take in the waist like 1.5", I do this for the leg room. In the Yeossal I take a 33 and let the waist out 1". In comparison the 33 Yeossal still has more room through the thigh and knee.

Thilgela

Reaction score
I wear Spier & Mackay 33 slim and I just need to hem. I order 2 pairs in 33 from Yeossal several months ago and the waist is simply too tight.

I opted for the button adjuster and I went to the tailor to let them out. It turned out they put elastic inside the waistband for button adjusters, but my tailor did not know. When he let out the waist, the elastic was cut up too.

I think I may need 32 from Yeossal but not sure if they can modify the waist measurement. It's kinda an expensive experiment. Want to give another try but still very hesitant.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear Spier & Mackay 33 slim and I just need to hem. I order 2 pairs in 33 from Yeossal several months ago and the waist is simply too tight.

I opted for the button adjuster and I went to the tailor to let them out. It turned out they put elastic inside the waistband for button adjusters, but my tailor did not know. When he let out the waist, the elastic was cut up too.

I think I may need 32 from Yeossal
but not sure if they can modify the waist measurement. It's kinda an expensive experiment. Want to give another try but still very hesitant.
wat

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the note of my trousers, here's a better pic of double forward pleats and side tabs

beepbop

Reaction score
I was going to get the tobacco colour for my first try at these MTO trousers, but that brown looks beautiful. I've been trying to figure out sizing. I normally wear a 32 in Spier & Mackay, but these days I find myself pulling the side tabs on my S&M trousers more, so contemplating dropping to a 31 at Yeossal. The no returns makes it tricky, but I guess I can always adjust the size slightly at my tailor.

I would err on the size of a little big than a little small. The waist on the yeossal trousers is very true to size.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, just jumped in and ordered a Contemporary Linen Safari

ZaneLim

Reaction score
If anyone is particularly interested, I recently had a "Safari Suit" made with Yeossal in the Drago Rugby flannel.

I did a two-part review of safari jacket on Instagram if anyone is interested. But I wrote this about the Dragon Rugby flannel in my review: "At 300g/10oz, this Drago cloth is considerably lighter than other flannels. However, thankfully, the weight does not mitigate the drape of the trousers. The flannel is woven in a subtle twill weave and has an incredibly soft-fuzzy nappy surface. Additionally, the fabric has a lovely melange-like effect that is often rare in worsted flannels."

The fabric does have water repellent properties, which is quite interesting. It's the lightest flannel I own. I typically wear 12oz for my flannels, but find that it can still run too hot indoors. Also bare in mind that I live in Toronto, a city with relatively harsh Winters. When the weather drastically drops, I will report back on how it operates indoors.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the Yeossal polos strictly alpha sizes then?

The issues I have with most polos is the ones I have with most shirts.

Either too loose, or the armhole area is too snug and the hem catches on ******.

jacksomeister

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Other than Drago Rugby flannels @PeeCeeBee shared, we have also added the VBC 21 micron range to our trousers collection. These 370 grams fabrics are fantastic for light winter wardrobe. Oh, did I mention you get 10% off for 2 or more pairs? :fistbump:

For those looking for a great pair of shoes, a gentle reminder that our handwelted Lincoln in dark brown museum GMTO is closing tomorrow Sep 18. Also, do check out our newly arrived TLB Artista collection, we think this new range from TLB Mallorca is great value for the quality.

All these new arrivals are now available on our online store.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads