• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pyrrho

Reaction score
The hip measurement looks quite snug based on the sizing charts for trousers.

They are quite snug in the top block, and I say this as a skinny guy who prefers deads to squats. Next time I'm gonna size up an inch or two. They do leave enough material in there to let out, though.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are quite snug in the top block, and I say this as a skinny guy who prefers deads to squats. Next time I'm gonna size up an inch or two. They do leave enough material in there to let out, though.
That helps a lot, thanks for the info.

So if I normally buy a size 32 in most brands, go up to a 33 you think?

PeeCeeBee

Reaction score
That helps a lot, thanks for the info.

So if I normally buy a size 32 in most brands, go up to a 33 you think?

Our trousers are true to sizes and no vanity sizing (eg. Size 32 means waist at 32").

We suggest you measure your best fitting trousers and compare to our size chart before ordering.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Our trousers are true to sizes and no vanity sizing (eg. Size 32 means waist at 32").

We suggest you measure your best fitting trousers and compare to our size chart before ordering.
Gotcha. My hip is 38". My belly is 33".

So it seems like I should order a size 34?

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually you can go for size 33.
Ok, sounds good, thank you.

Are the linen trousers machine washable as well like the cotton trousers?

If so, what is shrinkage like?

Last edited:

txm22

Reaction score
Is there an option to adjust the waist on the MTO trousers? For example, could I request the leg measurements of a 35 but with a 33 waist? Or would that just have to be altered upon receipt?

PeeCeeBee

Reaction score
Is there an option to adjust the waist on the MTO trousers? For example, could I request the leg measurements of a 35 but with a 33 waist? Or would that just have to be altered upon receipt?

Hi if you are looking at the length, you can choose unhemmed and get your local tailor to adjust to your desired length.

txm22

Reaction score
Hi if you are looking at the length, you can choose unhemmed and get your local tailor to adjust to your desired length.
Sorry--I'm more interested in the thigh and hip measurements of the 35, but the 33 waist fits fine. Just wondering if I can have a smaller waist put on the 35's measurements, or whether I would need to order a 35 and have my tailor take it in.

PeeCeeBee

Reaction score
Sorry--I'm more interested in the thigh and hip measurements of the 35, but the 33 waist fits fine. Just wondering if I can have a smaller waist put on the 35's measurements, or whether I would need to order a 35 and have my tailor take it in.

Please PM us for further understanding and discussion.

rwtc

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I should’ve been clearer - is it possible to make that style with the Asian shoemaker, rather than Antonio?

PeeCeeBee

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I should’ve been clearer - is it possible to make that style with the Asian shoemaker, rather than Antonio?

We will look into this request but may not be an immediate options as we have already lined up more than 20 designs for MTO program now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads