• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

espen

Reaction score
Howdy! Was wondering if you folks had any shots of the various waistbands? I'm curious to see the ghurka specifically.

Thanks!

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The hip measurement looks quite snug based on the sizing charts for trousers.

jacksomeister

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The GMTO for ARDMORE (single monk split toe) is now live! Check it out at our online store. The closing date for this group order is 27 Aug 2019.

Ardmore_Cover.jpg

Also, a kind reminder that the group order for EBER model is closing next week so there is still time to grab yours today.

Eber_1920x1920_Cover.jpg

striker

Reaction score
Dropped by the physical store today to check their new MTO range. I did not make an appointment and there was only just an in house tailor around and so I was gladly left to my own devices to check the range of new shoes.

The top shelves are the new range of shoes. The problem with the old boxes are now a thing of the past as they come in wooden presentation boxes which befits the range and protects the shoes due to the added heft of the shoe trees.

Finishing appears excellent and the heel cup and Cuban heel gives a sort of bespoke appearance to the shoes.

The quality of the handsewn apron front was astounding especially and could pass off as works by more established shoemakers.

They also have a pronounced fiddle back and a tightly cut waist which is mostly made possible due to the handwelted construction.

The last also appears very well designed quite reminiscent of more modern last like the Deco. The leather selection while small seems to be thoughtfully curated. I think many of you are going to be pleased with the shoes, even the shoe trees fit very well and are easy to slip on and off. They have done well with this range.

I might return again for a fitting via an appointment if I am in town. I felt like I was getting in the way and being an impromptu visit having gone to a nearby gym and in workout clothes, the reception was not as cheery as the time at the old location. I take the blame for this nonetheless.

If anyone wants to make a visit, I would highly recommend an appointment for the best possible experience.

jacksomeister

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Dropped by the physical store today to check their new MTO range. I did not make an appointment and there was only just an in house tailor around and so I was gladly left to my own devices to check the range of new shoes.

View attachment 1223388

The top shelves are the new range of shoes. The problem with the old boxes are now a thing of the past as they come in wooden presentation boxes which befits the range and protects the shoes due to the added heft of the shoe trees.

View attachment 1223389
Finishing appears excellent and the heel cup and Cuban heel gives a sort of bespoke appearance to the shoes.

View attachment 1223391

View attachment 1223392
The quality of the handsewn apron front was astounding especially and could pass off as works by more established shoemakers.

View attachment 1223393
View attachment 1223394
They also have a pronounced fiddle back and a tightly cut waist which is mostly made possible due to the handwelted construction.

View attachment 1223395
The last also appears very well designed quite reminiscent of more modern last like the Deco. The leather selection while small seems to be thoughtfully curated. I think many of you are going to be pleased with the shoes, even the shoe trees fit very well and are easy to slip on and off. They have done well with this range.

I might return again for a fitting via an appointment if I am in town. I felt like I was getting in the way and being an impromptu visit having gone to a nearby gym and in workout clothes, the reception was not as cheery as the time at the old location. I take the blame for this nonetheless.

If anyone wants to make a visit, I would highly recommend an appointment for the best possible experience.
@striker thank you for sharing your experience of our own handwelted shoes collection with the SF community, much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you again in our store if you happen to be in the area. Cheers.

Last edited:

jacksomeister

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Eber group MTO has been successfully funded! Thank you all who participated. Just a friendly reminder that the order taking is closing in another 14 hours. For those on the fence, there is still time to grab a pair for yourself on our online store.

If this GMTO is not right up your alley, take a look at the Ardmore split toe single monk GMTO or the Orchard double monk GMTO that has just gone live.

Last edited:

striker

Reaction score
If I also may put in a suggestion, it would be for you to display the top and side view of the various lasts used for the new MTOs. If you have the resources or can justify the cost, a 360 view used by some online retailers would prove to be extremely helpful though not completely necessary.

Right now, to potential buyers, those lasts are just a bunch of randomized alphabets and numbers, that makes no sense to them, with no indication of the shape of the toe or fit.

Last edited:

jacksomeister

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If I also may put in a suggestion, it would be for you to display the top and side view of the various lasts used for the new MTOs. If you have the resources or can justify the cost, a 360 view used by some online retailers would prove to be extremely helpful though not completely necessary.

Right now, to potential buyers, those lasts are just a bunch of randomized alphabets and numbers, that makes no sense to them, with no indication of the shape of the toe or fit.
Thanks for your suggestions and ideas, especially the 360 view. Much appreciated.

The top and side views are available in the respective product pages of the MTO catalogue although I do acknowledge it will be so much nicer to have everything in a single place. We will update the About MTO page for easy reference.

The 360 view/video is actually in our pipeline, although we don't have a definitive implementation date yet.

Last edited:

rwtc

Reaction score
Is it possible to specify the fly for the MTO linen trousers?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads