• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you can just IG them they can probably get back to you fairly quickly

I was told it is the YRB last but I am not convinced.

pf-7d529b42--YRB.png

Rusty1960

Reaction score
A friend is moving to Singapore. I hope to visit in December. Besides visiting Yeossal for pants and shirts, can anyone recommend a suit maker? I expect to be there at least a week. thanks

yshin10

Reaction score
A friend is moving to Singapore. I hope to visit in December. Besides visiting Yeossal for pants and shirts, can anyone recommend a suit maker? I expect to be there at least a week. thanks

That's a very broad question. What do you like as far as your style? budget? Certain fabrics you like?

Rusty1960

Reaction score
That's a very broad question. What do you like as far as your style? budget? Certain fabrics you like?
As I am 6’’4” and just under 300 pounds, I have been wearing primarily Hickey Freeman two button single vent suits due to my size. I like the cut of Canali suits. Have not researched wool fabrics. Like to spend under 3,500 USD. I need to educate myself on fabrics. I want to do my Gaziano & Girling shoes justice. Thanks.

Last edited:

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I am 6’’4” and just under 300 pounds, I have been wearing primarily Hickey Freeman two button single vent suits due to my size. I like the cut of Canali suits. Have not researched wool fabrics. Like to spend under 3,500 USD. I need to educate myself on fabrics. I want to do my Gaziano & Girling shoes justice. Thanks.
Given this is the Yeossal thread - they have a tailor they work with you could check out. He seems pretty flexible on what he’ll make. Haven’t tried it so can’t comment on his making.

More options in HK than Singapore.

Rusty1960

Reaction score
Given this is the Yeossal thread - they have a tailor they work with you could check out. He seems pretty flexible on what he’ll make. Haven’t tried it so can’t comment on his making.

More options in HK than Singapore.

Thank you. I am a big fan of their shoes.

Noirkw

Reaction score
You can visit seamlessbespoke and collaro. Check our their IG and website.
Great folks there.

I would avoid seamless, service recovery and measurements are bad. And Collaro is not a proper bespoke suit maker. Drafting, cutting are all outsourced.

For suits or jackets, there are better options. I'd go for the in-house tailors. It'd be better if you give an example of your preference. soft neopolitan tailoring , ivy jackets, english?

As most 'popular' local makers gravitate towards an English cut with a lot of drape in the chest, padding and extended shoulders

More modern tailors are capable of softer tailoring like Kayjen, Dylan, Rossi. I'd suggest u browse through their social media to see the sort of cuts you'd prefer.

Last edited:

evangel21

Reaction score
I would avoid seamless, service recovery and measurements are bad. And Collaro is not a proper bespoke suit maker. Drafting, cutting are all outsourced.

For suits or jackets, there are better options. I'd go for the in-house tailors. It'd be better if you give an example of your preference. soft neopolitan tailoring , ivy jackets, english?

As most 'popular' local makers gravitate towards an English cut with a lot of drape in the chest, padding and extended shoulders

More modern tailors are capable of softer tailoring like Kayjen, Dylan, Rossi. I'd suggest u browse through their social media to see the sort of cuts you'd prefer.

I'm sorry you had such bad experience with Seamless. I had done multiple commissions and never had a bad experience. I guess we have different experiences.

Kayjen is another one I'd recommend (forgot about him). I had my first suit made with him 6 years ago and I still wear it. One of my favs.
Can't say for the rest since I've never commissioned anything with them.

With regards to in-house workmanship, I'd say with exception of Dylan and Seamless and others, most out-source the cutting and sewing. Kayjen does his own drafting but even the sewing is outsource (I may be wrong for his new operation).

Having a look at their IG and knowing their "house cut" would help in OP's decision. I am not a shill for those I recommend. Just sharing from my own experience.

Noirkw

Reaction score
I'm sorry you had such bad experience with Seamless. I had done multiple commissions and never had a bad experience. I guess we have different experiences.

Kayjen is another one I'd recommend (forgot about him). I had my first suit made with him 6 years ago and I still wear it. One of my favs.
Can't say for the rest since I've never commissioned anything with them.

With regards to in-house workmanship, I'd say with exception of Dylan and Seamless and others, most out-source the cutting and sewing. Kayjen does his own drafting but even the sewing is outsource (I may be wrong for his new operation).

Having a look at their IG and knowing their "house cut" would help in OP's decision. I am not a shill for those I recommend. Just sharing from my own experience.

Oh no need for apologies as you're not the measurer. Great that you have had a good experience with them until now. I've bespoke ~10 jackets across local tailors, and would recommend those who measure + at least draft / cut your pattern when looking for a maker. Kayjen, Dylan and the likes.

I feel that seamless is not what they used to be, given the inexperience of the current staff and I hardly see the original owner measuring anymore. I could be wrong though and does the measurements for existing customer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads