• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting rundown - for a casual boot (above ankle), how would you rank Utah vs Bakers?
I have chukkas in the bakers. Utah is softer and I think slightly more comfortable on my shin/calf but I spend a lot of time driving so it’s mainly the angle that bugs me coupled with the stiffer leather when wearing them but it’s still softer than the horween hatch.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the more basic and versatile colours. Black, light blues, navy, white.

I also dug the denim-y looking pointed collar ones.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
939096B9-FE2A-44B9-ADB0-B2110658D532.jpeg
2055BF5B-0861-40F5-A44F-AC8D87645062.jpeg

Cross post. Total fan of the swallow collar polo. Need more of these. Perfect under a sportcoat. Wore one yesterday and today.

Mirage-

Reaction score
I can't get the collar of my own one to sit properly. But it's the pointed one, which feels like knitwear really.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1737130 View attachment 1737131
Cross post. Total fan of the swallow collar polo. Need more of these. Perfect under a sportcoat. Wore one yesterday and today.
I really dig all of this.

I've been averse to navy SCs in general, but I dig how you're pairing them.

They don't look overly formal in these pairings and have me tempted. The swallow neck also lines up perfectly with the DBs sweeping lapels.

Rimaarts

Reaction score

They don't look overly formal in these pairings and have me tempted. The swallow neck also lines up perfectly with the DBs sweeping lapels.

interesting... I kind of think you either need super formal navy sports coat (pagoda shoulders, roped, full heavy canvas) either super casual. I have barena super casual double breasted.. (jersey?), and I absolutely love how casual it is but still a double breasted. any ideas for some similar material to anthology blue Terry cloth lazyman?

here is my contribution with a "trial" polo. I plan to replace it very soon with "my" larger collar because I'm cursed with thick neck.

Attachments

• 20210922_112756.jpg
    20210922_112756.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 150

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Much appreciated my friend. Yehhhhh, this Yeossal Swalllow necks reign supreme for this kind of look. Been trying to get it off for a minute. Tried a couple months ago with the Natalino polo; didn’t quite have the same effect. Wore the beige Yeo polo today with basically the same outfit as yesterday, and went with a darker olive cotton trousers, same navy hopsack sportcoat. Was told today my look was very Ralph Lauren. I’ll take that as a compliment. Lol

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
interesting... I kind of think you either need super formal navy sports coat (pagoda shoulders, roped, full heavy canvas) either super casual. I have barena super casual double breasted.. (jersey?), and I absolutely love how casual it is but still a double breasted. any ideas for some similar material to anthology blue Terry cloth lazyman?

here is my contribution with a "trial" polo. I plan to replace it very soon with "my" larger collar because I'm cursed with thick neck.
In my head, I like a DB that is in-between those two in terms of cut. Wide and drapey, always love Steed's bespoke cut. I can see myself wearing the white swallow neck polo with this one.
VtdpkPLUXNfnaWKK67LTwY6nuuSRZMQ0YkOdmpO3ENk.jpg

Unfortunately I've no idea on terry cloth DBs.

I've a long and thin neck and I feel like a larger collar works for me as well, not sure about thick necks.
Much appreciated my friend. Yehhhhh, this Yeossal Swalllow necks reign supreme for this kind of look. Been trying to get it off for a minute. Tried a couple months ago with the Natalino polo; didn’t quite have the same effect. Wore the beige Yeo polo today with basically the same outfit as yesterday, and went with a darker olive cotton trousers, same navy hopsack sportcoat. Was told today my look was very Ralph Lauren. I’ll take that as a compliment. Lol
I also didn't even notice that was the S&M DB cut I've criticized in the past. The lapel+collar combo completely draws the eye upward, which is one goal in wearing tailoring.

I haven't tried Natalino's polo, but it sounds like I'm safe if I just stick with Yeossal.

Yeah that sounds very Ralph Lauren due to the colours used, and I got similiar vibes. The green trousers are reminiscent of RL because Ralph enjoys mixing tailoring, sportswear, and militaria.

I've tried a similiar outfit that was more slouchy and less tailored. Navy cotton SC, baggy fatigue pants, and red wings' work boots. I've tried Kent Wangs' rugby stripe polo in that combo, may have to try it with a Yeo polo now too.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my head, I like a DB that is in-between those two in terms of cut. Wide and drapey, always love Steed's bespoke cut. I can see myself wearing the white swallow neck polo with this one.
VtdpkPLUXNfnaWKK67LTwY6nuuSRZMQ0YkOdmpO3ENk.jpg

Unfortunately I've no idea on terry cloth DBs.

I've a long and thin neck and I feel like a larger collar works for me as well, not sure about thick necks.

I also didn't even notice that was the S&M DB cut I've criticized in the past. The lapel+collar combo completely draws the eye upward, which is one goal in wearing tailoring.

I haven't tried Natalino's polo, but it sounds like I'm safe if I just stick with Yeossal.

Yeah that sounds very Ralph Lauren due to the colours used, and I got similiar vibes. The green trousers are reminiscent of RL because Ralph enjoys mixing tailoring, sportswear, and militaria.

I've tried a similiar outfit that was more slouchy and less tailored. Navy cotton SC, baggy fatigue pants, and red wings' work boots. I've tried Kent Wangs' rugby stripe polo in that combo, may have to try it with a Yeo polo now too.
Ha! I go back and worth with that SM DB. I wore it today for a presentation with some flannels and I was feeling it. Looked at myself in the mirror after the presentation and wanted another DB. I dunno, maybe if I had worn the swallow neck, things would be different. LOL

I think you're on to something with dressing up/down a navy DB SC. I was pleasantly surprised with how not forced it felt when pairing it with the Yeo polo and flannels.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha! I go back and worth with that SM DB. I wore it today for a presentation with some flannels and I was feeling it. Looked at myself in the mirror after the presentation and wanted another DB. I dunno, maybe if I had worn the swallow neck, things would be different. LOL

I think you're on to something with dressing up/down a navy DB SC. I was pleasantly surprised with how not forced it felt when pairing it with the Yeo polo and flannels.
Hope you did the birdman gif beforehand.
200.gif

I'll keep a look out for S&M's DBs, especially MTO. I don't know if you saw @nnnnick 's MTO commission, but it sold me on the DB look completely and showed me the potential for how I could look.

image-14-12-21-12-43-1-jpeg.1720143

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope you did the birdman gif beforehand.
200.gif

I'll keep a look out for S&M's DBs, especially MTO. I don't know if you saw @nnnnick 's MTO commission, but it sold me on the DB look completely and showed me the potential for how I could look.

image-14-12-21-12-43-1-jpeg.1720143

I wore it today for a presentation with some flannels and I was feeling it. Looked at myself in the mirror after the presentation and wanted another DB< Wanted another DB as in a different DB than the one I was wearing; some elements of it I nitpick over.

Yes, @nnnnick 's MTO DB suit is grail-level. But aside from DBs...

We Need Moar Swallow Neck Polos! @yeossal When y'all gone bless us with some more swallow neck jawns?!?! We need a new batch. All of the colors/sizes are sold out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads