• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

too_poor_for_this

Reaction score
Had no idea they did this, great idea on asking them.

My hesitancy is because ordering to Canada from Singapore will likely involve 39-40% tax on goods, Singapore is outside of free trade agreements.

Ideally I'd like to nail this on the first order.

Sounds like a stock L will work fine for me though.

Strangely, I've had around 3-4 shipments via FedEx and was only charged HST (Ontario) every time. They were properly declared too. I won't pretend to know anything about the CTPTPP but hopefully it works out that way for you too

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strangely, I've had around 3-4 shipments via FedEx and was only charged HST (Ontario) every time. They were properly declared too. I won't pretend to know anything about the CTPTPP but hopefully it works out that way for you too
Your name made me laugh, strong 9/10.

I didn't even know CTPTPP existed. I wonder if this explains why my Proper Cloth orders are also seamless, as the shirts are made in Vietnam.

Alright, this pushed me over the edge to try a shirt out.

Thanks everyone.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does FedEx let you know about the charge beforehand and let you pay online?

too_poor_for_this

Reaction score
Your name made me laugh, strong 9/10.

:cool:

Does FedEx let you know about the charge beforehand and let you pay online?

Yep! Implemented in the last year-ish or so (before that, you had to call someone and read out your credit card info. disastrous). One time out of .. 6-10? total FedEx experiences (from various origins) they forgot to do so and sent me a piece of mail asking for like $24 a couple months later though -- but I could still pay that online so overall it's pain free from Singapore.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:cool:

Yep! Implemented in the last year-ish or so (before that, you had to call someone and read out your credit card info. disastrous). One time out of .. 6-10? total FedEx experiences (from various origins) they forgot to do so and sent me a piece of mail asking for like $24 a couple months later though -- but I could still pay that online so overall it's pain free from Singapore.
Dope, I've been avoiding Yeossal for literal years due to the shipping factors, so I'm glad to know all of this information.

Thanks man.

Mirage-

Reaction score
I actually just dropped 500 sgd on the sales. I've been meaning to try Yeossal for ages, but shipping and especially duties + VAT make the prices simply unfavorable for an european.
It's the first time I have seen such deep discounts from Y, so despite being terrified of getting the wrong size, I gave in to temptation in the end. Ordered a swallow neck polo, 2 cotton/cachemire knit t-shirts (wanted to try just 1 but needed the second for free-shipping), and the cachemire mock neck collab, all in M (I'm about 37'' chest). Wish me luck on sizing.

Edit: it is also my entire budget for this year's black friday, so no second chances ?

Last edited:

Mr_natural78

Reaction score
I could use some sizing advice. I want to order the Thomson split toe on the YSQ last, or maybe the JCY. I am a 6UK on Carmina's Soller last. Should I size down or stick with a 6UK? Thanks.

NikG

Reaction score
Anyone own the Abraham Moon harrington jacket and care to share some insight on the fit and fabric? Thinking of getting the chestnut colour for myself. Any pictures would also be awesome.

Evacipator

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can be of more help, but I received one of the harrington jackets and returned it simply because it didn't fit (too long in my arms, which is pretty usual for me). They talked about the possibility of making one custom for me, but in the end I opted for a safari jacket instead (also in one of the Abraham Moon fabrics, as it happened).

In addition to the arm length issue on me, I seem to recall it being fairly roomy compared to more traditionally 'tailored' jackets, as you might expect of a harrington. It has been a while though. As far as fabric and construction, I really liked it. Being wool seemed slightly unusual for the style, but obviously you know to expect that going in. And it it good wool.

NikG

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can be of more help, but I received one of the harrington jackets and returned it simply because it didn't fit (too long in my arms, which is pretty usual for me). They talked about the possibility of making one custom for me, but in the end I opted for a safari jacket instead (also in one of the Abraham Moon fabrics, as it happened).

In addition to the arm length issue on me, I seem to recall it being fairly roomy compared to more traditionally 'tailored' jackets, as you might expect of a harrington. It has been a while though. As far as fabric and construction, I really liked it. Being wool seemed slightly unusual for the style, but obviously you know to expect that going in. And it it good wool.
Thank you for that. May I ask what your height/weight is and what size you went with? The model on their recent Instagram post is 178cm/68kg and was wearing a size M. The sleeves looked quite short to me so I was actually thinking of sizing up.

Evacipator

Reaction score
Having looked it up, I went with the Large, which is the same size I've subsequently taken safaris in (excluding sleeve adjustments). I may have been better served by a medium, but I wouldn't be confident to say for sure, so long later. I fluctuate around 72-75kg, and I can never remember my height but I /think/ about 176cm? I typically take a 38 jacket, preferably short, for what that's worth.

I'd take the time to compare the sleeve length on a size chart and to something you already have, just in case the photo is weirdly deceptive or something. May as well know for sure.

NikG

Reaction score
Having looked it up, I went with the Large, which is the same size I've subsequently taken safaris in (excluding sleeve adjustments). I may have been better served by a medium, but I wouldn't be confident to say for sure, so long later. I fluctuate around 72-75kg, and I can never remember my height but I /think/ about 176cm? I typically take a 38 jacket, preferably short, for what that's worth.

I'd take the time to compare the sleeve length on a size chart and to something you already have, just in case the photo is weirdly deceptive or something. May as well know for sure.
Wonderful, thank you so much for your help. I'm 187cm and 72kg with long arms and also wear a 38 jacket and typically take a L in other jackets as well. Will be sure to double check measurements before purchasing against other jackets as well. You've been really helpful, really appreciate it mate.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could use some sizing advice. I want to order the Thomson split toe on the YSQ last, or maybe the JCY. I am a 6UK on Carmina's Soller last. Should I size down or stick with a 6UK? Thanks.
Your best bet is to reach out to the Yeossal guys. I believe JCY has a reduced instep and was a modified last for a GMTO on here, YSQ I think is slightly lower than some of the others but still a high instep generally speaking. Their shoes run a little big but it’s more volume and instep than length. I think most guys go TTS - I size down 1/2 and reduce the instep because I have a low instep and low volume feet. If you have average feet with an average/high instep TTS on those is what I would try.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads