• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NikG

Reaction score
I have the short sleeve knit polo and went TTS. Works well for me. By comparison I size up variously elsewhere (ideally an M one-piece-collar polo; a L safari jacket; but an S in the knit polo, which is the same for me as other brands' polos).
Awesome thanks for that quick reply.

Mind me asking how tall you? I'm 6'2" and 73kg and typically take a 50 (L) in knitted polos from Italian brands like Gran Sasso, Zanone, Cucinelli, etc. so would assume I take an L in Yeossal as well then.

Thanks again for detailed response, it's really appreciated!

Evacipator

Reaction score
I'm approximately 5'8" and around 72-73kg as well (though I have large thighs and so carry a bit more of my weight there). I usually wear a 38S jacket, if that helps.

Rimaarts

Reaction score
Awesome thanks for that quick reply.

Mind me asking how tall you? I'm 6'2" and 73kg and typically take a 50 (L) in knitted polos from Italian brands like Gran Sasso, Zanone, Cucinelli, etc. so would assume I take an L in Yeossal as well then.

Thanks again for detailed response, it's really appreciated!

why don’t you measure your chest and compare to sizing tab? I normally wear uk l slim fit Ralph Lauren polos but yeossal normal polos I’m modified 3xl. Didn’t knits run smaller than normal polo?.I guess all depends on how skinny you like the fit.

NikG

Reaction score
I'm approximately 5'8" and around 72-73kg as well (though I have large thighs and so carry a bit more of my weight there). I usually wear a 38S jacket, if that helps.
Thanks mate. Super helpful, really appreciate it!

why don’t you measure your chest and compare to sizing tab? I normally wear uk l slim fit Ralph Lauren polos but yeossal normal polos I’m modified 3xl. Didn’t knits run smaller than normal polo?.I guess all depends on how skinny you like the fit.

Yep made sure to check size chart, but just wanted to see other people’s experience because I know size charts aren’t perfect.

3XL seems like a massive size up, but I do know their one-piece collar polos tend to fit small. I’m hoping for a relaxed fit so will try out an L in the knit polos based on size chart and recommendations here and see how it goes!

Evacipator

Reaction score
I’m hoping for a relaxed fit so will try out an L in the knit polos based on size chart and recommendations here and see how it goes!

If you think you're between two sizes, going up is probably good if you're looking for something relaxed. I could probably get away with an M, but given the stretch and the fact that I find knits more comfortable in cool weather, I opted to fit mine on the snugger side.

monkey66

Reaction score
Today, Yeossal Lanatex trousers.

Full outfit here

P1010748 copy.jpg

Evacipator

Reaction score
THREE (!) new Workshop projects up today!

2 new polo colours.
3 trouser colours.
4 new safari/jungle colours.

30-35% off the polos and trousers, whereas the jackets will net a S$60-100 gift card (depending on purchase numbers). Lots of customisation available, as usual, too.

I'll be going for the polos (not least because they match the traditional and modern colours of my Sportsball team, which also happened to win this year...), but that terracotta safari looks especially amazing to me, too. Anyway, worth checking out!

Rimaarts

Reaction score
THREE (!) new Workshop projects up today!

2 new polo colours.
3 trouser colours.
4 new safari/jungle colours.

30-35% off the polos and trousers, whereas the jackets will net a S$60-100 gift card (depending on purchase numbers). Lots of customisation available, as usual, too.

I'll be going for the polos (not least because they match the traditional and modern colours of my Sportsball team, which also happened to win this year...), but that terracotta safari looks especially amazing to me, too. Anyway, worth checking out!

never understood the safari craze, but order placed for grey covert and grey polo!

Evacipator

Reaction score
I tend to find that safaris are easier to wear casually compared to a sports coat, as I can high-low dress them a bit (boots/sneakers/tees/chinos/denim), and it surprises some people that I find them to come across as less costumey (I don't get automatically asked if I'm going to a wedding or a job interview). But they can be a little hard to wear over tailoring, and I envy someone who can pull it off successfully with a tie for example.

Nevertheless, as a result of the utility I get, I'm loaded for them, so can't justify another at the moment. The twill trousers looks wonderful too, but similiarly I tend to run hot, so they'd probably see limited use given how substantial they are!

I could just about live in Y polos though - I love them!

dench127

Reaction score
Wow superb value on the VBC coverts. I would guess that the close up shots of the fabric are darker and not representative of the true color?

Evacipator

Reaction score
I wondered the same thing, and suspected so, because they call the grey a "Mid Grey," which would seem to match closer with the wider shot rather than the closeup, at least on my monitor.

I guess it's possible that they have in mind quite a dark charcoal as their benchmark for a dark grey though, which could make the closeup fall in the mids too. Probably worth asking them if it's a deciding factor for you.

dogjaeja

Reaction score
Has anybody experimented with trouser adjustments to Yeossal's Tailored Cut?
I have a few pairs in their standard tailored cut but would like to experiment with a more relaxed wider fit.

Rimaarts

Reaction score
Has anybody experimented with trouser adjustments to Yeossal's Tailored Cut?
I have a few pairs in their standard tailored cut but would like to experiment with a more relaxed wider fit.

me? size 34-ish rise, 40-41 trousers with 39 waist, adjusted for forward leaning stance.

but I suggest changing no more than one measurement at a time, and accept that as long as you get what you asked within 0.5", even if the result is not what you envision, it's not yeossal fault.

to me it took around 3 trousers to get where I am now..

Evacipator

Reaction score
I've made adjustments for a lower rise in the past, and these days they have my measurements on file for more tapering through the legs and such. I've found them good to work with in that regard.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads