• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hummm...they are now charging $$90 for fiddleback or beveled waist.....
I don’t think it’s much of a price change - I’d have to check my receipts but I think when I add it up and add the waist it gets close to what I’d paid in the past.

Viatu

Reaction score
Yeah, the prices went up a little but not much. I see there's an upcharge for shoes starting at a UK 11 (US 12). I wear a US 12. That wasn't there before. I built a Thomson shoe on their website and the total in U.S. dollars is $743.15. And, the Thomson is more expensive than their earlier hand welted offerings. So, that's not much more (if any) than I was paying previously.

Last edited:

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually kind of a cool option - if I were ordering boots or a SpTD I’d definitely be considering a square waist which would make them less expensive than the pairs I have with the beveled waist

I just checked my receipt. It was like 785 sgd ex vat with a beveled waist. It’s now 838 SGD with a beveled waist but they added free shipping that cost me 50 before. So 838 shipped now instead of 833 shipped before.

And, I don't see a charge for shoe trees.

I also don’t but I’m assuming that’s maybe a glitch but they were 75. If they’re thrown in now that’s a big savings. Essentially if I were to place my exact order I did a couple months ago with the free shipping and free trees (if it isn’t a glitch) and pay in full for another $25 sgd discount I would have saved something like $70 USD using the new structure over the old structure and that includes the beveled waist upcharge.

jacksomeister

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yeossal’s new website is live. Turned out nice @jacksomeister - and the reveal on the new brand is Oriental shoes from Japan. The new customization feature looks nice too.
@Jmr928 thank you for your kind words, much appreciated!

We are actively listening to every customer's feedback to improve your overall shopping experience with us at our online store. It's a vital part of what we want to do as a brand which is to provide excellent and consistent customer experience to all, in addition to high quality products at fair value. We may not succeed every time for every customer I admit but that's what we are striving for everyday and in every interaction with all of you.

And if it is not too much to ask, please continue to give suggestions on what features all of you would like to see or enhance to help us serve you better. We can't promise we can implement all that were asked as we do our web development in-house but we do evaluate top requests to implement, if it's technically feasible with our current technology architecture and available resources ;)

jacksomeister

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The new website is very user friendly. Will post pictures of linen safari jacket in 4 weeks. Once again the emails back and forth for minor adjustments and the entire transaction was smooth and swift!
@Jamesbond1 ? thank you very much for your patronage. Glad that we're able to help.

Evacipator

Reaction score
And if it is not too much to ask, please continue to give suggestions on what features all of you would like to see or enhance to help us serve you better. We can't promise we can implement all that were asked as we do our web development in-house but we do evaluate top requests to implement, if it's technically feasible with our current technology architecture and available resources ;)

Website seems great now - a vast improvement over the previous version, which could be quite buggy! One feature that might be useful in the future would just to be able to filter some options by different categories. So for shoes for example, rather than selecting smooth calf / grained calf / suede to see a selection of choices, just being able to sort by all brown leather options. Same thing to allow us to, say, choose from all green trouser options and compare between them, regardless of if they are cotton or linen or wool, etc.

It's easy enough to sort through now as it is, but if the range of offerings keeps expanding (which we all love),then this would become increasingly helpful.

Evacipator

Reaction score
I'll also say that I'm simply more confident in ordering custom items through the new website, because more of the customization options are directly accounted for on the page. During my last order (before the site update) the only way I had to communicate some sizing and style choices was in the added notes, and unfortunately some of those notes were overlooked, so now for instance I have a polo shirt with the wrong collar style, even after asking support beforehand and being told just to leave a note. Being able to select (and having pictures) is far superior, so the more of that the better.

Oh, and the ability to refer back to a previous order number to say you want the same size adjustments again is also spectacular too.

Rimaarts

Reaction score
Actually kind of a cool option - if I were ordering boots or a SpTD I’d definitely be considering a square waist which would make them less expensive than the pairs I have with the beveled waist

I just checked my receipt. It was like 785 sgd ex vat with a beveled waist. It’s now 838 SGD with a beveled waist but they added free shipping that cost me 50 before. So 838 shipped now instead of 833 shipped before.

I also don’t but I’m assuming that’s maybe a glitch but they were 75. If they’re thrown in now that’s a big savings. Essentially if I were to place my exact order I did a couple months ago with the free shipping and free trees (if it isn’t a glitch) and pay in full for another $25 sgd discount I would have saved something like $70 USD using the new structure over the old structure and that includes the beveled waist upcharge.

shoes unfortunately is not cheaper.. I configured a gilstead just like the one I recently got.. 50-50 payment. back in February I paid 471Sgd, now I would have to pay 503 first payment. I mean not a massive price increase but still noticeable to a cheapskate like me. Shoe trees back in February I paid 60sgd, now 88 (so 28sgd to choose colour)

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
shoes unfortunately is not cheaper.. I configured a gilstead just like the one I recently got.. 50-50 payment. back in February I paid 471Sgd, now I would have to pay 503 first payment. I mean not a massive price increase but still noticeable to a cheapskate like me. Shoe trees back in February I paid 60sgd, now 88 (so 28sgd to choose colour)
Right - I mentioned marginal increase and a savings *if the trees showing up at $0 wasn’t a glitch*. Trees were 75 when I ordered in March or April. It was all in something like 945 for collyer with beveled waist, taps and trees and shipping and 50/50 payment. It’s 966 now. So a whopping 21 SGD or $15 usd difference - driven almost entirely by the increase in trees that I could also entirely wipe out if I paid in full for the 25 discount.

re: the charge (which is actually more like a discount for forgoing it) if I were to order my Thompson SpTD with the square waist it would be about $50 USD less than I paid even paying 50-50.

With the increases in cost of materials and shipping it’s nothing. Basically it’s a 2% change to the price.

Evacipator

Reaction score

Just to clarify, are you accounting for postage, which is now free? And are you accounting for Singaporean VAT, which is no longer deducted (if you're international)?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads