• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat and totally missed on sizing. Waiting to send mine back to try again until getting new sizing guidance.

Can you share more detail? Like, will you have to go down two full sizes from US brannock?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you share more detail? Like, will you have to go down two full sizes from US brannock?
Still waiting on guidance. SG65 - Lower instep modification by 5-6MM and -1.5 sizes from US I think is what my gut would tell me based on the fit but I’m waiting on their feedback based on a bunch of photos and descriptions.

Jon 1981

Reaction score
Hummm..... Is the sizing really that big?
I'm torn between sizes. I'm thinking better to go slightly big than slightly small but hey.... What do they do with the returned MTO's?

Jon 1981

Reaction score
Is Bonaudo Cramoisi Patina still offered?
I'm looking for something like G&G's vintage cherry calf

Rimaarts

Reaction score
Guys help me to put my mind at ease! After chatting most day on Instagram with yeossal I joined GMTO... ordered cove yc3 last 10.5 wide.
I was about to get sg65 last but the answer I got was “compared to your artista sizing I’ll recommend size 11, so yes you can try 10.5...’’ /facepalm.... later, why don’t you try yc3? So I ended up ordering yc3 wide fit 10.5...
How different width is 10.5 wide and 11 normal?

now my shoe wardrobe is
4 pairs of loake, all 10.5,
2 pairs of trickers, Im between 10 and 10.5 due to instep being too high for me...
3 pairs of meermin, all 11...

and to make matters more complicated... 2 years ago I tried on Crockett and Jones, tlb artista and carmina... I’d go size 11 all of them....

also recently I placed order with Antonio mecariello....after discussion with him he suggested I’m 11.5 with him, but to try on certain lasts Crockett and Jones, and if I would get 11 there, he is sure I’m 11.5 chisel 2...

today figured to send the same pictures I sent to Antonio... now suggestion is go for 10.5 normal width in yc3....

Last edited:

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys help me to put my mind at ease! After chatting most day on Instagram with yeossal I joined GMTO... ordered cove yc3 last 10.5 wide.
I was about to get sg65 last but the answer I got was “compared to your artista sizing I’ll recommend size 11, so yes you can try 10.5...’’ /facepalm.... later, why don’t you try yc3? So I ended up ordering yc3 wide fit 10.5...
How different width is 10.5 wide and 11 normal?

now my shoe wardrobe is
4 pairs of loake, all 10.5,
2 pairs of trickers, Im between 10 and 10.5 due to instep being too high for me...
3 pairs of meermin, all 11...

and to make matters more complicated... 2 years ago I tried on Crockett and Jones, tlb artista and carmina... I’d go size 11 all of them....

also recently I placed order with Antonio mecariello....after discussion with him he suggested I’m 11.5 with him, but to try on certain lasts Crockett and Jones, and if I would get 11 there, he is sure I’m 11.5 chisel 2...

today figured to send the same pictures I sent to Antonio... now suggestion is go for 10.5 normal width in yc3....
I think @saurabh and @Kangnamstyles both have experience with YC3.
I have a normal instep and my TTS is 8 Uk. I take same size in Yeossal (8UK normal width) on the YC3 last with reduced instep of 5 mm. I fit well in most UK/Spanish makers TTS and normal width.

Rimaarts

Reaction score
I have a normal instep and my TTS is 8 Uk. I take same size in Yeossal (8UK normal width) on the YC3 last with reduced instep of 5 mm. I fit well in most UK/Spanish makers TTS and normal width.
Wait.. you take Spanish makers and yeossal same size? True to size doesn’t really help when sizes differ across makers.... even English makers... I can be 10.5 and 11...

Rimaarts

Reaction score
yes, except G&G and EG where i size up half size
That does not calm me down.... first advice I get was “try artista size (11), or you can try 10.5... when I sent pictures of my feet measurement was no need for wide fit or 11, 10.5 is good, and now you take Spanish size... somehow I have a feeling, I’ll need to return my 10.5 when it comes..

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That does not calm me down.... first advice I get was “try artista size (11), or you can try 10.5... when I sent pictures of my feet measurement was no need for wide fit or 11, 10.5 is good, and now you take Spanish size... somehow I have a feeling, I’ll need to return my 10.5 when it comes..
You can ask them if they have a sample pair in your size and try at home/return. Depending on where you are located it will cost you shipping both ways.

Rimaarts

Reaction score
You can ask them if they have a sample pair in your size and try at home/return. Depending on where you are located it will cost you shipping both ways.

I actually was considering it... I’m in London, so big question is about taxes... I paid about 25£ on top for trousers...

Evacipator

Reaction score
I got the Minden in a YC3 but I don't have experience with the other brands you are comparing to (plus, the Minden is a loafer). I also took an F width.

Usually I take a 9.5US F width in brands that offer it (e.g. Allen Edmonds), and I took the same size in the Minden (an 8.5UK). For comparison, I take a 10US / 9UK in most brands when a wide width is not available.

My Mindens were too large, but not a size too large and likely not even a half size too large. It seemed to fit well but for a lot of heel slippage I was getting. A cheap foam insole and a good tongue pad have made it just about spot on, and in a lace up I assume that would be even more adjustable. I'll be going forward with an oxford soon and will be taking the same size again, but with a slight reduction in the instep in order to take out some of that excess volume that the pads are taking up in my Mindens.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics