• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I agree the burnishing is a bit dark in contrast with the leather, the overall aesthetic with the last shape is fantastic and I'm now even more excited to receive my Thomson on the same last. And I'm also glad to hear the 3mm reduction in instep worked as I had to do the same. And it's interesting you went with the spade sole but it doesn't protrude as much as I would have expected - very clean.
Thank you very much for input on reducing the instep and I agree these are fantastic shoes.
Instead of 2 mm I went for 3 mm and I think I could do 4-5mm but not necessarily required that much.
Overall an amazing value with metal toe taps, lasted shoe trees and free shipping. This is a no brainer for anyone looking to order the SpTD shoes :)

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just took delivery of the Yeossal - Thomson shoes (SpTD) and following are the specs:
Last: YC3 with 3 mm reduced instep.
Leather: Chestnut Utah (Hass Utah Grain Leather)
Size: 8UK/42
Sole: Leather (Black/Natural Color) + Metal Toe tips
Sole Shape: Spade
Heel: Tapered
Trees: Lasted shoes trees (Double Barrel Spring).
Extra: slight burnishing and shine on Toe/heel

Please Note pictures posted below are taken inside so they may look slightly darker than when taken outside.

View attachment 1467732
View attachment 1467733
View attachment 1467730
View attachment 1467724
View attachment 1467727
View attachment 1467729
View attachment 1467725
View attachment 1467731
View attachment 1467726
View attachment 1467717
View attachment 1467720
View attachment 1467718
View attachment 1467719
View attachment 1467716
View attachment 1467715
View attachment 1467714

My main concern was the fit and they fit perfect.
Good enough room in toe area and very good fit in length/heel/instep areas.

View attachment 1467712
View attachment 1467711

I am glad i didn't order the SG65 last as that would have been tight for the toes for sure as i feel the toe area is very tapered on that last and i think YC3 last is better suited for SpTD.
The only negative thing i can say for this order is the burnishing was done darker than what i had asked for.
After wearing for few minutes i feel i am fine with that burnishing and can use some Saphir Reno. conditioner to lighten a bit in future. Overall i am very happy with the shoes and i highly recommend Yeossal Team and Jackson.
These Guys are fantastic !!
I will post more comparison pictures with EG SpTD and G&G SpTD as well sometime soon :)
So happy that they turned out well for you especially in terms of fit! They look superb.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So happy that they turned out well for you especially in terms of fit! They look superb.
Thank you sir :) I am glad I ordered through Yeossal the Chestnut Utah SpTD and not the EG $1600 chestnut Utah SpTD which I was seriously considering earlier. Fit is perfect and now will confirm Yeossal to finish the other 2 MTO’s which I had halted earlier.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir :) I am glad I ordered through Yeossal the Chestnut Utah SpTD and not the EG $1600 chestnut Utah SpTD which I was seriously considering earlier. Fit is perfect and now will confirm Yeossal to finish the other 2 MTO’s which I had halted earlier.
Does the instep reduction make the fit closer to say MH71 or 82 lasts?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I would say like MH71 as G&G also has a smaller heel like Yeossal. 82 last is more overall generous in heel area.
This is a very helpful tip for someone who is trying out this brand for the first time. Even though I have a high-ish instep I still get an instep reduction with my Bonafe's too

theh00d

Reaction score
@saurabh I saw that you also have sons of henrey shoes.
How does the fit on the yeossal compare? I want to try them out.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@saurabh I saw that you also have sons of henrey shoes.
How does the fit on the yeossal compare? I want to try them out.
Yes I do and after taking reduced instep on Yeossal they fit great. I will recommend anyone ordering Yeossal/OT to ask for slight instep reduction of 3-4 mm and they should fit similar to UK/Spanish brands especially if someone has a normal instep like mine and if someone has a low instep then more instep reduction will be required.

Last edited:

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A group picture of my Split toe shoes/boots. Its actually called “Split and lift/Pie Crust Apron”. 2 more on order and should get those in 2 months. What’s your favorite from these ?

7DC24850-9672-4082-9FF6-F5BC76F08FA8.jpeg

7419CA84-C158-4D53-869D-7312B0CCD09D.jpeg

34C7C47B-0E53-4FF8-9D79-5D60C3FF010A.jpeg

1st- G&G Savile Monks DG70 last
2nd - Edward Green Dark Oak Dovers 888 last
3rd- Yeossal Thomson YC3 last -Chestnut Utah
4th - Edward Green Rosewood Dovers 606 last
5th- G&G Oak Kudo Thorpes MH71 last
6th- G&G Arran Thorpe MH71 last

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A group picture of my Split toe shoes/boots. Its actually called “Split and lift/Pie Crust Apron”. 2 more on order and should get those in 2 months. What’s your favorite from these ?

View attachment 1467840
View attachment 1467839
View attachment 1467841

Hard to choose btwn so many beautiful pairs. I do find it interesting to note that the EG split toe is more prominent than the other models b/c the apron is shorter.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1467840
View attachment 1467839
View attachment 1467841

Probably blasphemous but the Y is my favorite. I’m looking forward to how they age as I want to try Utah but don’t love softer leather on my SpTD’s since they don’t have a cap. I’m not a huge fan of the rolls look.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hard to choose btwn so many beautiful pairs. I do find it interesting to note that the EG split toe is more prominent than the other models b/c the apron is shorter.
Thank you, yes I have the same problem as I love all the pairs. I am curious to know however which Y last has a shorter apron like Dover.
Probably blasphemous but the Y is my favorite. I’m looking forward to how they age as I want to try Utah but don’t love softer leather on my SpTD’s since they don’t have a cap. I’m not a huge fan of the rolls look.
Y is a very nice shoe for the price especially HW construction with all the bells/whistles already included and I would agree with you mostly but for aesthetics reason I like the EG and G&G as well. I think both kinds of shoes have a place in my wardrobe.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeossal has been teasing boot photos lately with several styles including their own Galway that I’m calling the Yeolway lol.

Went to their site to start thinking about what last and leather combinations I want for that boot.

And lo and behold they have the collection group order up and running for boots.

Boot CGO

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought this might be interesting to compare Waist/Heel outsole measurements of Yeossal YC3 vs G&G and EG.

5F938DFB-E9BC-40C2-B871-F4AD5CB925D4.jpeg

Waist-
G&G Deco Square: 5 cm
Yeossal YC3: 5.5 cm
EG 888 last: 6 cm

Widest part of Heel-
G&G Deco Square: 6.75 cm
Yeossal YC3: 5.75 cm
EG 888: 6.75 cm

Length of Heel-
G&G Deco Square: 6.5 cm
Yeossal YC3: 6.25 cm
EG 888: 7.5 cm

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics