• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I commissioned the SpTD as a casual shoe. Generally, I prefer spade on all my commissions now, which is just my own stylistic preference. However, I note that I have both silhouette and spade, and at the end of the day I'm fine with both styles. I like spade soles because it's an intriguing feature that is a bit aggressive, but also quite low key.

At the end of the day, I wouldn't over think it and just go with whichever option that'll make you happy.
Got you! My SpTD’s are in black grain, so they actually look nice with the spade although I’m not sure if I would do it again.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know everyone has been focused on footwear but my MTO mottled olive linen sportcoat came out incredibly well.

882331E1-17A8-49A7-9867-20A7D14FF5D9.jpeg

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lovely jacket! Is the standard Yeossal jacket full or half canvassed?

actually, no canvas is standard.

marchello

Reaction score
Ah crap, I totally missed the "Canvassing" option on the page. Thanks!

actually, no canvas is standard.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have a Classic Safari Jacket? Tempted to try out the Abraham Moon Green Herringbone for this FW

Evacipator

Reaction score
I have two urban safaris (wide lapels) but not a classic (slim lapels). If you go for it, make sure you read the sizing info and size up. I'm usually a universal Small to Medium (I take a Small Yeossal polo for example and a 38US jacket) and my safaris are size Large and they fit relatively snug.

As it happens, I was also considering an Abraham Moon safari jacket as a fall/winter jacket (my other ones being summer weight), and was thinking that for it I would go an XL so that it could be worn over knitwear.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two urban safaris (wide lapels) but not a classic (slim lapels). If you go for it, make sure you read the sizing info and size up. I'm usually a universal Small to Medium (I take a Small Yeossal polo for example and a 38US jacket) and my safaris are size Large and they fit relatively snug.

As it happens, I was also considering an Abraham Moon safari jacket as a fall/winter jacket (my other ones being summer weight), and was thinking that for it I would go an XL so that it could be worn over knitwear.
Yes, I did take a look at the size chart. I am usually a size S/XS in various thing, and figured the M would work well. However, would measure my other outerwear to be 100% sure. Just wasn't sure if a safari jacket is versatile for my wardrobe as not sure what to wear it with, but the jacket looks great in the photos lol

Evacipator

Reaction score
Indeed, they look really nice! I'd expect it to be quite versatile, but of course it depends on your existing wardrobe and your lifestyle. I don't have a lot of occasion to wear sports coats so I wanted something that was 'tailoring light' and would look much more casual than a SC but could still be dressed up too. So I wear mine basically with my everyday chinos (I don't really wear denim anymore, but Y has some nice shots of the Moon fabric being worn atop denim I think) and I would also wear it over fresco trousers in summer too. I also had mine made with a belt, but I'll wear it without more often I think (and as I had planned) -it does help to give it some more versatility by being able to be worn a second way though. The belted back is still there without the separate belt too.

The two I have are a little different to the Moon wool though. The first is a navy linen, which I made a slight mistake in getting made an inch and a half shorter than normal, which makes it look a lot more casual to my mind. Combined with the blue colour, it kind of makes it look like workwear from the front, so it wears fairly similar to a denim jacket for me. My second one I think is more versatile, being in a brown and of their standard length (maybe I could have gone longer again based on my proportions and usually wearing a lower rise pant). It is the jacket pictured here (taken by Yeossal before being sent to me).

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indeed, they look really nice! I'd expect it to be quite versatile, but of course it depends on your existing wardrobe and your lifestyle. I don't have a lot of occasion to wear sports coats so I wanted something that was 'tailoring light' and would look much more casual than a SC but could still be dressed up too. So I wear mine basically with my everyday chinos (I don't really wear denim anymore, but Y has some nice shots of the Moon fabric being worn atop denim I think) and I would also wear it over fresco trousers in summer too. I also had mine made with a belt, but I'll wear it without more often I think (and as I had planned) -it does help to give it some more versatility by being able to be worn a second way though. The belted back is still there without the separate belt too.

The two I have are a little different to the Moon wool though. The first is a navy linen, which I made a slight mistake in getting made an inch and a half shorter than normal, which makes it look a lot more casual to my mind. Combined with the blue colour, it kind of makes it look like workwear from the front, so it wears fairly similar to a denim jacket for me. My second one I think is more versatile, being in a brown and of their standard length (maybe I could have gone longer again based on my proportions and usually wearing a lower rise pant). It is the jacket pictured here (taken by Yeossal before being sent to me).

Cool, I am on the smart casual spectrum, dress up very infrequently (even though that doesn't stop me from buying nice SC's from S&M lol). So, I was looking for a nicer, warmer alternative to my olive field jacket for me in Canada. Looks like this may be it, so may have to pull the trigger soon lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads