• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rwtc

Reaction score
A quick few photos:

Yeossal last: YRB
Almond last
Typically I see Dover-type shoes on a soft chisel last, so figured I commission something different and that's not readily available.

EG last: 606
Soft chisel last

*** Please note that the length is not accurate as per the pictures due to magnification & shoe placement. The length is pretty similar

Leather: Russia Hatch Grain Saddle Brown
I find it more forgiving than calf, but less so than Utah.
Other views of this leather are shoes #2 & #3:

SPI:
Yeossal Leather Soles: 11 SPI
EG Dainite Soles: 6 SPI
EG Leather Soles: 7 SPI

Construction:
Yeossal: HW
EG: GYW

Apron:
Yeossal's apron is very well done. Yeossal uses a thicker thread for the apron, which I prefer to EG.

Waist is tighter on Yeossal than EG. We already have many photos of the waist on Yeossal shoes, so didn't take additional pictures.

Lastly, Jackson and Yeossal's CS had been great to work with as usual.

Attachments

• Apron Comparison.jpg
    Apron Comparison.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 95
  • EG Dainite 6 SPI.jpg
    EG Dainite 6 SPI.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 76
  • EG Leather 7 SPI.jpg
    EG Leather 7 SPI.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 116
  • Yeossal & EG.jpg
    Yeossal & EG.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 183
  • Yeossal Leather 11 SPI.jpg
    Yeossal Leather 11 SPI.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A quick few photos:

Almond last
Typically I see Dover-type shoes on a soft chisel last, so figured I commission something different and that's not readily available.

EG last: 606
Soft chisel last

*** Please note that the length is not accurate as per the pictures due to magnification & shoe placement. The length is pretty similar

Leather: Russia Hatch Grain Oxblood
I find it more forgiving than calf, but less so than Utah.
Other views of this leather are shoes #2 & #3:

SPI:
Yeossal Leather Soles: 11 SPI
EG Dainite Soles: 6 SPI
EG Leather Soles: 7 SPI

Construction:
Yeossal: HW
EG: GYW

Apron:
Yeossal's apron is very well done. Yeossal uses a thicker thread for the apron, which I prefer to EG.

Waist is tighter on Yeossal than EG. We've already have many photos of the waist on Yeossal shoes, so didn't take pictures.

Lastly, Jackson and Yeossal's CS had been great to work with as usual.

Very nice shoes indeed. What size do you take in EG 606 and Yeossal YRB last. How do the Yeossal fit compared to the EG 606 especially the instep. From the pictures YRB instep looks much higher so curious to know on that.

rwtc

Reaction score
Very nice shoes indeed. What size do you take in EG 606 and Yeossal YRB last. How do the Yeossal fit compared to the EG 606 especially the instep. From the pictures YRB instep looks much higher so curious to know on that.

My Yeossal size is:
* SG65 9.5UK E or F
* YSQ 9.5UK F
* YRB 9.5UK F

E or F doesn't make too much of a difference to me, but if I had to choose, then I guess F width is bit more comfortable.

My sizing for EG is:
EG 606: 9.5/10E
EG 82: 9.5/10E is perfect in calf or Utah

I find EG's 606 and 888 (also 9.5/10E, but very uncomfortable) lasts are less forgiving than Yeossal's, and F width would've been more ideal.

The instep is indeed higher. The gap between the flap of leather where the eyelets are is narrower on the Yeossal vs the EG. The different widths likely also contributed to this. Fit wise I prefer Yeossal.

Last edited:

bsarosi

Reaction score
My Yeossal size is:
* SG65 9.5UK E or F
* YSQ 9.5UK F
* YRB 9.5UK F

E or F doesn't make too much of a difference to me, but if I had to choose, then I guess F width is bit more comfortable.

My sizing for EG is:
EG 606: 9.5/10E
EG 82: 9.5/10E is perfect in calf or Utah

I find EG's 606 and 888 (also 9.5/10E, but very uncomfortable) lasts are less forgiving than Yeossal's, and F width would've been more ideal.

The instep is indeed higher. The gap between the flap of leather where the eyelets are is narrower on the Yeossal vs the EG. The different widths likely also contributed to this. Fit wise I prefer Yeossal.

Interesting that you wear the same size in Yeossal and EG (except for width). Most size up half for EG, myself included.

I'm a 9/9.5E in EG and wear 8.5 in Yeossal YSQ (good fit overall) and SG65 (instep slightly high, added tongue pad and fit is now good). I'm waiting on YRB, which Yeossal agreed to reduce instep by 2mm since it's a SpTD and the YRB tends to be roomier compared to YSQ. I also have the YC8 on the 2nd run of the Scott model in 8, which fit quite well. However, YC8 is no longer offered.

rwtc

Reaction score
Interesting that you wear the same size in Yeossal and EG (except for width). Most size up half for EG, myself included.

I'm a 9/9.5E in EG and wear 8.5 in Yeossal YSQ (good fit overall) and SG65 (instep slightly high, added tongue pad and fit is now good). I'm waiting on YRB, which Yeossal agreed to reduce instep by 2mm since it's a SpTD and the YRB tends to be roomier compared to YSQ. I also have the YC8 on the 2nd run of the Scott model in 8, which fit quite well. However, YC8 is no longer offered.

My first order was actually size 9UK in YSQ. It was a tight fit while worn, and it was difficult to take the shoes off. No issues once I went with 9.5UK.

rwtc

Reaction score
The oxblood calf is sooooo money. Amazing color.

Minor amendment, if you were referring to the middle two pairs that I referenced in one of my previous posts, I originally stated the colour as "Russia Hatch Grain Oxblood", but that colour is actually the "Russia Hatch Grain Saddle Brown".

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A quick few photos:

Almond last
Is that a spade sole on your pair? If so, what made you decide to go with that option? I'm asking cause I got it on my SpTD too although I wanted to change it to silhouette after receiving my oxfords with spade cause I think it's more suitable for a dressier shoe. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

rwtc

Reaction score
Is that a spade sole on your pair? If so, what made you decide to go with that option? I'm asking cause I got it on my SpTD too although I wanted to change it to silhouette after receiving my oxfords with spade cause I think it's more suitable for a dressier shoe. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I commissioned the SpTD as a casual shoe. Generally, I prefer spade on all my commissions now, which is just my own stylistic preference. However, I note that I have both silhouette and spade, and at the end of the day I'm fine with both styles. I like spade soles because it's an intriguing feature that is a bit aggressive, but also quite low key.

I wouldn't over think it and just go with whichever option that'll make you happy.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads