• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Res

Reaction score
Is that last from Yeossal? If so are there any more photo angles?

bsarosi

Reaction score
Is that last from Yeossal? If so are there any more photo angles?

If you're on IG, check out Yohei Fukuda's page and you can search his photos for the boots. He's made them in dark brown museum as well as black as I recall.

rwtc

Reaction score
Jackson just confirmed that the modified YSQ last will be free of charge!

FYI @Res, I didn't mention your name as one of the people interested in the modified YSQ. Please message Jackson or let me know if you decide to go with this last.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@yeossal

I have been looking at your jungle jacket and, living in western Norway, I Wonder if you have any rain/shower proof fabrics available? Maybe a cotton/poly blend? Maybe even with ripstop?

Does your jackets have interior pockets?

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
15oz slub. Overall pretty good pair of jeans. The cut is great with tailored clothing. Only downside are the wineglass shaped rear pockets, as I much prefer the regular ol' chevrons. They're also rivet-less, which is disappointing at this price range.

IMG_20200825_180520.jpg IMG_20200825_180513.jpg IMG_20200825_180450.jpg

Last edited:

monkey66

Reaction score
OK, so I am about to pull the trigger on a pair of the G2005/B perforated cap toe Balmoral. This will be my first pair from Yeossal, first saw them on @vriche , many thanks, keep the video's coming.

I have been struggling with too many options but have settled (I think) on dark brown suede, black/natural leather soles with metal tips.I think should be able to wear them with a lot of different things from dark grey suits through to navy and more casual cream kahkis, jeans ect.

A couple of questions for you guys; SG65 or YSQ on a suede shoe, will too sharp a nose look subtly killer or too stylised? Does dark suede amplify or attenuate the pronounced chisel?

If anyone has done this combo or has similar photos to share that would be great.

I have been in conversation with Andre in customer service regarding fit and he has advised going with my normal UK10 sizing but go for the wide fitting if I go SG65. I figure there is risk in first sizing in any event so just need to pick which will look the best.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Y'all know they stopped monitoring questions on Styleforum right?

@yeossal

I have been looking at your jungle jacket and, living in western Norway, I Wonder if you have any rain/shower proof fabrics available? Maybe a cotton/poly blend? Maybe even with ripstop?

Does your jackets have interior pockets?

Kivi D

Reaction score
OK, so I am about to pull the trigger on a pair of the G2005/B perforated cap toe Balmoral. This will be my first pair from Yeossal, first saw them on @vriche , many thanks, keep the video's coming.

I have been struggling with too many options but have settled (I think) on dark brown suede, black/natural leather soles with metal tips.I think should be able to wear them with a lot of different things from dark grey suits through to navy and more casual cream kahkis, jeans ect.

A couple of questions for you guys; SG65 or YSQ on a suede shoe, will too sharp a nose look subtly killer or too stylised? Does dark suede amplify or attenuate the pronounced chisel?

If anyone has done this combo or has similar photos to share that would be great.

I have been in conversation with Andre in customer service regarding fit and he has advised going with my normal UK10 sizing but go for the wide fitting if I go SG65. I figure there is risk in first sizing in any event so just need to pick which will look the best.

I took the same model after seeing @vriche 's video too lol. I'm not a huge fan of the lifted toe box or the aggressive slope with the SG65 so I asked them to use a modified last of the YSQ, which slightly slopes similar to Fukudas. I borrowed the idea from a gmto for jodphur boots where they used the modified YSQ last.

I too got some sizing advice and was recommended a 10UK wide for the SG65. I have flat feet but have never had to opt for a wide width so I was on the fence about it. I just went with the YSQ because it's more tts.

ant922599

Reaction score
Hi all

Have any of you serial Yeossal buyers heard anything on the grapevine about more boot options?

I know there was the Fukuda-inspired jodphur GMTO recently, and can see a few chukka and chelsea boot options - but I've got such a hankering after something like G&G's Urban Commando.

I know they are still pushing their 20% discount, but that boot on a deco last is still £1,300+ ?

I've got a Yeossal MTO loafer in progress but am still a little in the dark as to sizing - would like to nail that before ordering more footwear though!

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took the same model after seeing @vriche 's video too lol.
Thanks for watching, guys and I’m glad that my video was able to provide some inspiration. But I can’t take credit for it as a couple of the other guys in this thread came up with the idea for that style and pitched it to Yeossal. I’m looking forward to seeing both of your shoes.

bsarosi

Reaction score
Hi all

Have any of you serial Yeossal buyers heard anything on the grapevine about more boot options?

I know there was the Fukuda-inspired jodphur GMTO recently, and can see a few chukka and chelsea boot options - but I've got such a hankering after something like G&G's Urban Commando.

I know they are still pushing their 20% discount, but that boot on a deco last is still £1,300+ ?

I've got a Yeossal MTO loafer in progress but am still a little in the dark as to sizing - would like to nail that before ordering more footwear though!

So I asked Jackson awhile back about the possibility of a galway equivalent awhile back (last winter, maybe). He informed me nothing is on the horizon but now that we're getting close to fall, I think it would be worth inquiring especially if you're able to get a few interested parties...could probably see about a GMTO. The challenge is we would need to see a design to get an idea or propose to have a design copied and see if Yeossal can create it (just like the jodphur was done).

Viatu

Reaction score
Anyone who normally wears a standard width shoe went with a wide width for the SG65 last? If so, how did that turn out?

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
15oz slub. Overall pretty good pair of jeans. The cut is great with tailored clothing. Only downside are the wineglass shaped rear pockets, as I much prefer the regular ol' chevrons. They're also rivet-less, which is disappointing at this price range.

View attachment 1447288

Ya'll think the cuff is too big? Or should I hem it up an inch?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads