• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ant922599

Reaction score
Thanks @bsarosi - much appreciated.

It's a tricky one! I'm leaning towards 7F because a) its a loafer and b) suede....but it's a slightly expensive gamble (I'm in the UK).

I'm pretty sure I have wide toes relative to my mid foot and heel, so I cant work out whether to do a smaller but wider make-up, or follow the recommendations for laced shoes and only size down 0.5.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

bsarosi

Reaction score
What's the instep on Yeossal lasts?

Thanks in advance for the info

From my experience, I'd say standard to slightly spacious. I have an average to slightly low instep and had to add a tongue pad to get a proper fit through the instep on SG65 last.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone actually received their May GMTO? I’d love to see some more pictures.

rwtc

Reaction score
The shoes, trousers, and three tins of polish arrived today.

Yeossal wrapped the shoe box in tissue paper, in typical fashion. I think the procedure to wrap the shoes in bubble wrap is new, which is something greatly appreciated. The new shoe bags are also great, as the closure isn't a strand of leather anymore. This is an excellent revision since I've found in the past, if I used too much strength while closing the shoe bags, the leather would snap.

The shoes were of great quality. I chose the F (wide) width, which is more comfortable for me than the normal width. In retrospect, I should've asked Jackson in the past whether they could accommodate for a wide last, but at the end of the day it's no big deal, as the normal width fits me fine. What I find odd is that the F width results in no excess space, where the shoe opening is. There's a bit of excess space for my normal width shoes. I didn't want to nitpick too much to Jackson so I never raised this, but if Yeossal further improved on their shoes' proportions between my 5th and 6th pair orders, then well done. Alternatively, if the wider width somehow magically has a tiny bit smaller shoe opening such that it doesn't bend outwards anymore, then that's fine too.

This commission is on the YSQ last with the Russian Espresso Hatch Grain, which is a more pronounced chiseled last and casual style, as you can probably tell from "4.jpeg". However, they do not look overly square in person (see "5.jpeg"). Didn't have the time to polish yet, but I don't think it has to be so polished since they're casual shoes. I am looking forward to wearing these as a weekend / walking shoe.

Wore sweatpants in typical WFH fashion.

Just want to note that one tin of polish completely melted and leaked everywhere, and thank GOD Yeossal used a plastic bag to cover each trouser and the tins of polish, else things could've turned out horribly, as the polish were in the same parcel as the trousers. The two tins of mirror gloss on the other hand didn't melt. I had to procure these through Yeossal, as the sole wholesaler in Canada for Saphir doesn't carry certain colours. The melted tin of polish is now in the basement cooling off... want to see if it would solidify again.

For my first trouser order with Yeossal, both pairs in the order had ironing issues at the pleat. Anyway, after I raised my concern with Yeossal (I think last year), they confirmed that they will note down this issue and will address it for my future orders. For the two pairs that I received today, the ironing was perfect. I wasn't too partial to the mottled brown previously, but it really is a gorgeous colour in person. Attached a picture of the Yeossal linen trouser collection: mottled navy, mottled olive, mottled brown, and khaki.

Jackson and Yeossal via IG were a pleasure to work with throughout this process.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    357.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    253.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    262.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 120
  • trousers.jpeg
    trousers.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see the appeal in buying expensive shoes where the possible fit is a toss up, and returns would be a massive pain **********.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see the appeal in buying expensive shoes where the possible fit is a toss up, and returns would be a massive pain **********.

The first pair I ordered I consulted with them directly on size. It was a miss, the shoe was way to big. They gave me a full refund, or really I asked for store credit to purchase another pair. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them, the brand and customer service really is outstanding.

rwtc

Reaction score

To put it in perspective, these are handwelted, have a tighter waist, come with lasted shoe trees (at least until the end of July), and are cheaper than EG, GG, and JL... these three brands are not handwelted. The leather quality for Yeossal is also excellent.

Moreover, sizing will always be a toss up to some degree if you order shoes online.

Anyway, it's your decision at the end of the day, but I'm going with Yeossal because it is a better value proposition and they are great to work with, in regards to customizations.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shoes, trousers, and three tins of polish arrived today.

Yeossal wrapped the shoe box in tissue paper, in typical fashion. I think the procedure to wrap the shoes in bubble wrap is new, which is something greatly appreciated. The new shoe bags are also great, as the closure isn't a strand of leather anymore. This is an excellent revision since I've found in the past, if I used too much strength while closing the shoe bags, the leather would snap.

The shoes were of great quality. I chose the F (wide) width, which is more comfortable for me than the normal width. In retrospect, I should've asked Jackson in the past whether they could accommodate for a wide last, but at the end of the day it's no big deal, as the normal width fits me fine. What I find odd is that the F width results in no excess space, where the shoe opening is. There's a bit of excess space for my normal width shoes. I didn't want to nitpick too much to Jackson so I never raised this, but if Yeossal further improved on their shoes' proportions between my 5th and 6th pair orders, then well done. Alternatively, if the wider width somehow magically has a tiny bit smaller shoe opening such that it doesn't bend outwards anymore, then that's fine too.

This commission is on the YSQ last with the Russian Espresso Hatch Grain, which is a more pronounced chiseled last and casual style, as you can probably tell from "4.jpeg". However, they do not look overly square in person (see "5.jpeg"). Didn't have the time to polish yet, but I don't think it has to be so polished since they're casual shoes. I am looking forward to wearing these as a weekend / walking shoe.

Wore sweatpants in typical WFH fashion.

Just want to note that one tin of polish completely melted and leaked everywhere, and thank GOD Yeossal used a plastic bag to cover each trouser and the tins of polish, else things could've turned out horribly, as the polish were in the same parcel as the trousers. The two tins of mirror gloss on the other hand didn't melt. I had to procure these through Yeossal, as the sole wholesaler in Canada for Saphir doesn't carry certain colours. The melted tin of polish is now in the basement cooling off... want to see if it would solidify again.

For my first trouser order with Yeossal, both pairs in the order had ironing issues at the pleat. Anyway, after I raised my concern with Yeossal (I think last year), they confirmed that they will note down this issue and will address it for my future orders. For the two pairs that I received today, the ironing was perfect. I wasn't too partial to the mottled brown previously, but it really is a gorgeous colour in person. Attached a picture of the Yeossal linen trouser collection: mottled navy, mottled olive, mottled brown, and khaki.

Jackson and Yeossal via IG were a pleasure to work with throughout this process.
The shoes look great. Thanks for sharing.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The first pair I ordered I consulted with them directly on size. It was a miss, the shoe was way to big. They gave me a full refund, or really I asked for store credit to purchase another pair. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them, the brand and customer service really is outstanding.
If the CS is good enough to allow returns for a different size that fits, that does sound worth it.
To put it in perspective, these are handwelted, have a tighter waist, come with lasted shoe trees (at least until the end of July), and are cheaper than EG, GG, and JL... these three brands are not handwelted. The leather quality for Yeossal is also excellent.

Moreover, sizing will always be a toss up to some degree if you order shoes online.

Anyway, it's your decision at the end of the day, but I'm going with Yeossal because it is a better value proposition and they are great to work with, in regards to customizations.
The quality/value wasn't my issue, but the possible sizing issues. I don't touch EG, GG, and JL for the same reasons.

Though with what bear said, the CS sounds great in regards to returns.

Kivi D

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experiences with the YC3 last? I'm thinking of doing an MTO for the Orchard model but I'm not a huge fan of the SG65 last.

I recently put an order in for the Duke model in a YSQ last but after seeing the post above, I immediately emailed them to change it to the YRB instead. I honestly thought it'd be a much softer square...

Any insight would be much appreciated!

ryanluo23

Reaction score
yeah one thing i find super confusing when ordering was finding out the differences between the YSQ and YC3 last - I think even one of the insta photos was mislabeled at one stage.

I think they need to come up with a more simplified name as oppose to those numerics and alphabets which are easily mistaken for one another

rwtc

Reaction score
@bsarosi
@Jmr928
@Res

and tentatively @ant922599

Do you guys have any preference regarding the buckle for the jodhpur boots? Yeossal currently has two designs in silver. I also asked Jackson whether brass or gold buckles would also be possible, and he is investigating that option.

Attachments

• Square with barrel side.jpg
    Square with barrel side.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 118
  • Rect with round edges.jpg
    Rect with round edges.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads