• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I happened to be wearing a full Yeossal ensemble today and thought it would be timely for me to share about my experience with this Singaporean tailor.

Visiting Yeossal has been one of the highlights from my recent trips to Singapore. I made a measuring appointment via their website for a time after work and was greeted by the friendly Akira. I had initially planned to only pick up a few pairs of trousers; but at the end of my last trip, I believe I had commissioned about 12 articles of clothing.

I would consider myself a relative novice to the sartorial world and hence, thoroughly valued Akira’s patience in helping me pick out fabrics to suit my lifestyle, and the tropical climate in Brisbane. The measurements he took were also spot on; and no alterations were required when I picked up the finished garments. Akira also helped me navigate the selection of the best styling details for these garments - down to the colour and finish of trouser side-adjusters.

As you can tell, I am a very happy customer and will probably be adding more Yeossal pieces to my wardrobe in the future.

(If only I was in Singapore long enough to get a full suit made...)

SHIRT - Long-sleeve shirt with swallow one-piece collar (not chambray - but one of the many shirting fabrics I selected in-store)

TROUSERS - Everyday linen chinos in Mottled Brown with Gurkha waistband and double forward pleats

View attachment 1315412

The mottled linen cloth is seriously one of the best I have ever worn. I wonder if it can be acquired in more colors than just the three online.

nickycheong

Reaction score
The mottled linen cloth is seriously one of the best I have ever worn. I wonder if it can be acquired in more colors than just the three online.

They are fantastic aren't they? I have found the three to be very versatile for a range of outfits. I hope more colours and shades get added to the line-up.

In the meantime, I am eyeing the oatmeal herringbone linen fabric as a potential for my next piece.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are fantastic aren't they? I have found the three to be very versatile for a range of outfits. I hope more colours and shades get added to the line-up.

In the meantime, I am eyeing the oatmeal herringbone linen fabric as a potential for my next piece.

I’d love to see a mid grey in the mottled linen. I feel like that would get a lot of use. The oatmeal herringbone is awesome in its own right, thicker but softer. I have it made up in a safari jacket and it’s perfect for that.

I'm convinced to get all 3 mottled linens after I wore my olive one.

And that new belt buckle looks great.

oooh is the self belt finally online? The preview looked really great

rwtc

Reaction score
One of my five pairs of MTO Yeossal shoes. It's a custom style that I commissioned. Looking forward to expanding my collection :) Very happy seeing this model making it into the RTW collection in the Chelmer. Absolutely gorgeous.

Jackson is also an absolute pleasure to work with, pre-sale and post-sale. He's gone above and beyond to address everything that I've raised to him.

IMG_8989.jpg

Last edited:

Evacipator

Reaction score
Just received two pairs of the new denim gurkha trousers (in both the brown and the indigo) and wanted to share some thoughts about the quality (amazing!) and sizing (mileage will vary of course).

First, the denim is absolutely beautiful - that has to be the first thing to notice. Substantial, but not overly stiff or heavy as far as denim goes. I've gone off wearing denim previously because cotton and linen chinos are always more comfortable for me, and because I run hot and denim doesn't help that. While this denim still doesn't match the feel of chinos (which will be good if you're looking for denim and not chinos), they were more comfortable than any standard denim pant I've tried for a long time, and I really wanted to wear them anyway just because of how great the cut and the denim looks!

Yeossal recommends sizing up from your regular size - but I hadn't tried any Yeossal trousers before, and naturally sizing differs between brands, so I tried a 34 and a 36. I expected the 34s to fit better and overall that's what I found. For comparison, I take about a 33 slim in Spier and Mackay chinos, but sometimes I'm a 32 or a 34 depending on a brand's cut and the fabric used (sometimes I'm even a 30).

The 34s were too long for me in the leg by a good several inches - but OTR trousers are always too long for me so I was expecting that. It's an easy fix of course, and usually I wouldn't even mention it, but I thought it might give context to other people for the measurement that was personally a problem for me, which is the rise. The trousers seem to be cut to sit fairly high on the waist, so these will be great for anyone whom that suits (probably if you're tall enough to fill out the several inches of leg length that I'd have to have shortened too), and they looked great on me when I could get them to sit in the right spot. Unfortunately, I just don't have a body shape conducive to keeping trousers sitting at my natural waist when I move, so they tended to slip down nearer my hips - at which point the rise proved too long and fabric started puddling in my lap too much.

I'll be reluctantly returning my pairs based on this rise length, but I'm excited at having a starting point for sizing with Yeossal trousers in the future (even though these fit different to other Yeossal offerings) and am hoping to be able to work with the team to make some other pieces that suit my frame a bit better. If they offer these denims in a made to order with an adjustable rise measurement, then I would definitely consider going with that option too, despite my usual reluctance to wear denim.

If a higher rised trouser suits you, then I'd have no hesitation recommending these.

Nnicnic

Reaction score
Does anyone order a pair of trousers made with Harrison frontier fabric? Very interested in ordering the light gray one but no so sure how does it look in real. It would be great if anyone can post a photo for a clearer image.

espen

Reaction score
Question for those that have MTO trousers. I'm normally a 34 contemporary in Spier & Mackay (with bringing the waist in slightly) - should I aim for the 34 in Yeossal?

@Burzan I've tried finding your sizing experience but am coming up short!

Thanks

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for those that have MTO trousers. I'm normally a 34 contemporary in Spier & Mackay (with bringing the waist in slightly) - should I aim for the 34 in Yeossal?

@Burzan I've tried finding your sizing experience but am coming up short!

Thanks

I usually buy a 34 from Spier and take in in about 1-1.5” because I like the leg room. The Yeossal already had leg room so I went with 33 for my first order. The legs were good but I had to let out the waist and hips about an inch.

bayerzz

Reaction score
Yeossal, what Huddersfield bunch is your cotton chinos from?

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@yeossal Any cream/off white colored trouser fabrics anytime soon? Linen blend, hopsack, fresco, etc.?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads