• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jacksomeister

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Received a pair of everyday linen chinos recently. Unlike the shirts from Yeossal, my trousers did not come with a tag to instruct how the trousers should be washed. How should they be washed and ironed?
Thanks for your purchase. No special care needed. Machine or hand wash. Line dry. Iron with medium to high settings to remove wrinkles/creases. Please drop us an email if you need further assistance. Cheers!

Evacipator

Reaction score
I was gifted two shirts today. The wine-red long sleeve polo is beautiful - a slightly more subdued red than it appeared (to me) in the photos - not too bright and with plenty of depth, while still really being a true red rather than a maroon. Love it.

The second second shirt is a chambray, and while the fabric is very nice, unfortunately it is too tight on me in the body to be wearable. I have size Small in both, but evidently the fit of the polo or the cotton it is made from is more generous than the fit/fabric of the chambray. If you take a certain size in the polo I would definitely advise sizing up if you're considering a chambray (or, I assume, one of their business shirts).

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Family photos for the holidays.

80184624-8E3C-440B-A3F7-58C705504064.jpeg EC93CD51-366F-4165-B367-8BD1072B130E.jpeg 9FB0A6E1-DCDA-429B-9D5F-7083DD86DE04.jpeg 35E10112-0335-47DD-82E4-B9CF09EC80E7.jpeg

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leather details on the derbies please! Both look fantastic.
Thank you for the kind words. Copying and pasting my order confirmation details. They look lighter blue/violet during the day time and then a darker navy/purple at night. Simply spectacular. I've been searching for the right blue/navy/violet patina on a shoe for several years and finally found it with this one.

Cascaden (Made to Order)
Y by Yeossal
Size: UK 7.5 / 41
Last: SG65
Leather Group: Patina
Hand Patinated Leather: Midnight Blue Patina
Sole: Vibram Insert
Sole Edge Color: Black
Heel: Tapered​

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First wear of the Cascades with my bold wedding suit which hasn’t been worn in two years. It’s a minor miracle that I still fit in it. Fabric is from Drago for those that are curious. The various blue tones seemed to go well with the suit and the navy turtleneck.

1BD0C8BD-9AB6-4FCC-8670-DF98CC46141A.jpeg 2C8F3FDE-01B2-4286-9C18-EBA87229DA90.jpeg

jacksomeister

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
is it possible to request a more neutral button thread colour?
Certainly, if you take the made to order path. Simply indicate the thread color or "matching thread color" if you prefer something muted under the order notes and we'll take care of it for you.

Last edited:

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the sleeve length for polos.

What size would I be for them overall?

Body measurements:
Chest: 38.25"
Waist: 31"
Hip: 38.25"
Shoulder: 18"
Bicep: 12"
Armhole: 19"

Small or medium? I would plan on cold wash/hang drying them. My sleeve length for american shirts is 33.5-33.75"

nickycheong

Reaction score
I happened to be wearing a full Yeossal ensemble today and thought it would be timely for me to share about my experience with this Singaporean tailor.

Visiting Yeossal has been one of the highlights from my recent trips to Singapore. I made a measuring appointment via their website for a time after work and was greeted by the friendly Akira. I had initially planned to only pick up a few pairs of trousers; but at the end of my last trip, I believe I had commissioned about 12 articles of clothing.

I would consider myself a relative novice to the sartorial world and hence, thoroughly valued Akira’s patience in helping me pick out fabrics to suit my lifestyle, and the tropical climate in Brisbane. The measurements he took were also spot on; and no alterations were required when I picked up the finished garments. Akira also helped me navigate the selection of the best styling details for these garments - down to the colour and finish of trouser side-adjusters.

As you can tell, I am a very happy customer and will probably be adding more Yeossal pieces to my wardrobe in the future.

(If only I was in Singapore long enough to get a full suit made...)

SHIRT - Long-sleeve shirt with swallow one-piece collar (not chambray - but one of the many shirting fabrics I selected in-store)

TROUSERS - Everyday linen chinos in Mottled Brown with Gurkha waistband and double forward pleats

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads