• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

YEOSSAL - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa offices closed for the remainder of the year! Where is that?
Here in NY, we were informed up until August or early September.
I am in Toronto, my division is informed that we are likely not going back to the office this year...

GasparddeColigny

Reaction score
Review of the Cascaden:

After having bought the Scotts and Thomsons, I wanted to try a cleaner design on the chisel last (SG65)
The fit was slightly tighter than the previous pairs, I had to stretch the shoes a bit by adding progressively more thin sock over the shoe trees. It took 2 pairs, a couple of weeks, and now they fit great. This time the spade sole is more aggressive, which I like. The workmanship is consistently neat, I love the elegance of the tapered heel and fiddleback waist. I was however underwhelmed with the pewter grey patina, or should I say, lack of patina. I would describe it as black with a hint of grey on the nose, facing and counters. Since I hardly ever feel like wearing black I decided to strip the shoes and apply a blue and
grey patina of my own, which I really like. One image from the Yeossal website comes close, the others on the site show a lighter more gray shade with a blue hue.

All in all, I'm pleased with them, but I would've like the patina much closer to the 'hero'image on the website.

DSC_0373.JPGDSC_0374.JPGDSC_0375.JPGBlue.jpg

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Review of the Cascaden:

After having bought the Scotts and Thomsons, I wanted to try a cleaner design on the chisel last (SG65)
The fit was slightly tighter than the previous pairs, I had to stretch the shoes a bit by adding progressively more thin sock over the shoe trees. It took 2 pairs, a couple of weeks, and now they fit great. This time the spade sole is more aggressive, which I like. The workmanship is consistently neat, I love the elegance of the tapered heel and fiddleback waist. I was however underwhelmed with the pewter grey patina, or should I say, lack of patina. I would describe it as black with a hint of grey on the nose, facing and counters. Since I hardly ever feel like wearing black I decided to strip the shoes and apply a blue and
grey patina of my own, which I really like. One image from the Yeossal website comes close, the others on the site show a lighter more gray shade with a blue hue.

All in all, I'm pleased with them, but I would've like the patina much closer to the 'hero'image on the website.

View attachment 1417400View attachment 1417401View attachment 1417402View attachment 1417403
I have 2 pairs on the SG65 last and love the shape. However, I like the rounded sole better than the spade.

20200703_110621.jpg
20200703_110606.jpg

bsarosi

Reaction score
For those who wear Yeossal MTO clothing, I purchased a short sleeve Liberty tailored shirt in the Anthology print in stock size 17. Unfortunately, it is a bit snug in a few spots so I'm letting it go. It was only tried on once. If interested, PM me and we can figure out price. Specs are as follows:

Liberty tailored shirt (short sleeves)
Anthology
Y by Yeossal
Size: 17
Collar: One-Piece Collar
Band Collar Button: No
Placket: No
Shirt Pocket: No
Back: Plain​

Kangnamstyles

Reaction score
Review of the Cascaden:

View attachment 1417400View attachment 1417401View attachment 1417402View attachment 1417403
Wow excellent work! They are now almost twins with my midnight blue patina version.

I will have to try that sock over trees method on mine too. They have been too tight for me as well.

GasparddeColigny

Reaction score
I have 2 pairs on the SG65 last and love the shape. However, I like the rounded sole better than the spade.
I will undoubtedly try the rounded sole in the future!

Wow excellent work! They are now almost twins with my midnight blue patina version.

I will have to try that sock over trees method on mine too. They have been too tight for me as well.
Yours have a better shine though, I haven't gotten round to a proper polishing, weekend goals!

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I tried to put a half insole (only the forefeet) with the shoe tree to stretch as I don't want to stretch/ raise the instep (I have low instep).
Not sure if it works for you tho.

Kangnamstyles

Reaction score
I tried to put a half insole (only the forefeet) with the shoe tree to stretch as I don't want to stretch/ raise the instep (I have low instep).
Not sure if it works for you tho.
Good to know. Thanks for the tip. I have medium arches so I tend to have higher insteps so I could use a little more room there too. Especially above my toes.

rwtc

Reaction score
Yeossal now has a new product information page for their MTO program. I raised to Jackson that it Yeossal really needed a page where one could see each leather swatch more clearly. Very happy that the website has made this change.

Also, I just realized today that the trees are lasted after ordering 7 pairs haha.... You can now see each last side by side as per the shoe tree, along with a description. Now, placing orders has much less guesswork.

Link: https://www.yeossal.com/pages/y-by-yeossal-handwelted-mto

Last edited:

rwtc

Reaction score
The Balmoral Brogues GMTO from May are starting to roll in. Can’t wait to see mine.
Thanks for the picture - those are mine! I love the Utah calf from EG as they're so comfortable while walking, so decided to commission these in the Russian Hatch Grain. I find calf hurts after a few hours of walking.

I'll polish them plenty after they arrive and will post pictures.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.