• Styleforum is going on Instagram Live today with Eva Kuhle of Epaulet

Today, Peter talks to Eva Kuhle of Epaulet, a long time Styleforum member and sponsor, in the latest episode in our ongoing series of conversations about COVID-19 and the impact the global pandemic on the menswear industry

Tune in at 4:00 p.m. PDT

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

YEOSSAL - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

marchello

Reaction score
I am looking to get a pair of brown linen trousers, similar to the one below. Do you guys recommend the 12oz mottled brown or the 10oz brown fabric?

tigerpac

Reaction score
About to pull the trigger on a Linen Jungle Safari Jacket - Wide Lapel. 2 Questions for the informed....

1. Any suggestions/thoughts as to the available colors?
2. Any insights as to length? I was thinking the same jacket length I use for suits but interested to hear from anyone who has this or something similar.

Zanification

Reaction score
I am looking to get a pair of brown linen trousers, similar to the one below. Do you guys recommend the 12oz mottled brown or the 10oz brown fabric?

I think the cloth above is a shade between the mottled brown and the brown linen. The dark brown would be more reminiscent of the shade above. I have the mottled brown and it's certainly a lighter shade, I would suggest that it resembles more like a tobacco shade.

About to pull the trigger on a Linen Jungle Safari Jacket - Wide Lapel. 2 Questions for the informed....

1. Any suggestions/thoughts as to the available colors?
2. Any insights as to length? I was thinking the same jacket length I use for suits but interested to hear from anyone who has this or something similar.
I really dig their Jungle Jacket, though in their regular lapel. To answer your questions, 1) I think it would look really good in navy, mottled olive, brown and, surprisingly, dark rust. 2) I have their Urban Safari Jacket in olive and I had it an inch longer than my suit so that I can wear it over during the transitional months. But I also think you can't go wrong with having it at the same length as your suit jacket. Though, if you are unlikely to wear it with tailored trousers, it might look better if it was slightly shorter.

Lm90

Reaction score
Any pictures of someone wearing the tobacco cotton chinos? Trying to get a sense of the colour

arakeinprogress

Reaction score
Here are a few pictures of my wide lapel linen jungle safari jacket in mottled steel blue, in case anyone wanted to see how it looked.

I'm 5'11" and 150, I usually wear a 36 in jackets and 14.5 in shirts. This is a medium with the standard 29" length and 23.5" sleeves (shortened .5", a mistake).

I think I would go down to a small next time primarily to get a snugger fit in the collar, but also to remove some of the excess from the back.

Next time, I'll order sleeves longer to factor in the linen's wrinkling and I also think I'll add an inch or so in length to the jacket. Overall I'm very happy.

1585150886190.png

1585150901921.png

1585150917774.png

tigerpac

Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback gents. They look great!

I'm still mulling it over because as a 46R in most suits, the measurements of the equivalent 2XL scare me a bit... seems to be more of a 44 than a 46. That seems to be consistent with your experience as well.

Maybe they'll bulk one up for me lol.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here are a few pictures of my wide lapel linen jungle safari jacket in mottled steel blue, in case anyone wanted to see how it looked.

I'm 5'11" and 150, I usually wear a 36 in jackets and 14.5 in shirts. This is a medium with the standard 29" length and 23.5" sleeves (shortened .5", a mistake).

I think I would go down to a small next time primarily to get a snugger fit in the collar, but also to remove some of the excess from the back.

Next time, I'll order sleeves longer to factor in the linen's wrinkling and I also think I'll add an inch or so in length to the jacket. Overall I'm very happy.

View attachment 1360866
View attachment 1360867
View attachment 1360868
that looks pretty good and a lot more spots coat like

bsarosi

Reaction score
Received the Napier loafer in Janus suede yesterday. Shoutout to @yeossal for the prompt international shipping, always great customer service from @jacksomeister and team.

I forgot that these come with a wooden shoe box - very nice touch and probably could store my shoe shine products in it. As I expected, fit is a bit loose around the heel...gonna try adding heel pads to see if they can fit snugger. They seem to fit well at the instep so don’t think a tongue pad is needed but that may be an option as well. All in all, quite pleased and fit was always a concern - don’t think 8.5 would have been an option due to instep fitting quite well. If heel pad doesn’t work, might have to put them up for sale on SF.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received the Napier loafer in Janus suede yesterday. Shoutout to @yeossal for the prompt international shipping, always great customer service from @jacksomeister and team.

I forgot that these come with a wooden shoe box - very nice touch and probably could store my shoe shine products in it. As I expected, fit is a bit loose around the heel...gonna try adding heel pads to see if they can fit snugger. They seem to fit well at the instep so don’t think a tongue pad is needed but that may be an option as well. All in all, quite pleased and fit was always a concern - don’t think 8.5 would have been an option due to instep fitting quite well. If heel pad doesn’t work, might have to put them up for sale on SF.
In my experience, heel pads and instep pads never work well, doubly so for loafers.

With that said, a stiff new pair of loafers don't flex, so you naturally have heel slip.

Up to you decide on that one.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well Singapore just shutdown, they're probably in a bit of a scramble...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.