• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

yeossal

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I would be interested in similar model if we could turn it into a boot like GG thorpe? Not sure if this would gather enough interest so may Have to MTO.
THANKS! Saved as an idea for the next GMTO :fistbump:

GYWFan

Reaction score
Hi Jackson,

Unfortunately for me, I’m having difficulty justifying the upcharge for pigskin. It’s definitely different but not quite my taste. If this ends up being a normal calf leather centurion, I’m definitely keen.

Sorry for being difficult!

Did the wholecut Chelsea boot GMTO end up proceeding?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can you guys take a overhead shot of corno blue lazy man in 8.5 and 9 vs AM chisel 2 in 9, I know the recommendations would be 8.5 in corno blue vs AM chisel 2 in 9E, but I take 9F in soft square and heard corno blu runs narrow in toe box...

yeossal

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello guys, sorry for the delay with the GMTO for Centurion. We have been working behind the scenes to make it a special one.. Here's the deal - we will offer this GMTO with flexibility that is not normally found within the definition of a group order.

Model: Centurion 1

Construction: Argentum welted or Handwelted (with a surcharge).

Last: Choice of Soft Square, Round, Chisel 2 or Hawksbill.

Leather: Choice of smooth box calf or Pig Skin (with a small upcharge).

Color: Choice of 5 different colors for smooth box calf (Deep Navy, Antiqued Olive Green, Brogues, Vesuvio Antiqued, and one more TBC - any ideas?). Pig skin will be in Noce Antico.

Width: E as standard. D or F width at no upcharge.

Sole: Leather, leather with metal toe tips, vibram insert, vibram insert with metal toe tips.

Shoe trees: Lasted trees included.

Leadtime: 6 months estimated.

Minimum quantity: 8 pairs of any combination - you can choose the last, leather, color and sole to your preference. Need not be the same in last or color. Just need 8 pairs of this model - that's all it's needed for this special group order.

You can almost think of this as a mini MTO but at GMTO price. Can we have a show of hands who is in so that we can decide on the sticker price (if we have 12 confirmed interests we can try make the prices more attractive)?

We hope to publish the details on our webstore by end of this week so stay tuned!

Last edited:

yeossal

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can you guys take a overhead shot of corno blue lazy man in 8.5 and 9 vs AM chisel 2 in 9, I know the recommendations would be 8.5 in corno blue vs AM chisel 2 in 9E, but I take 9F in soft square and heard corno blu runs narrow in toe box...
Hi @clee1982, I will drop you an email in the next day or two once I get my hands on the pics

WilYa

Reaction score
Hello guys, sorry for the delay with the GMTO for Centurion. We have been working behind the scenes to make it a special one.. Here's the deal - we will offer this GMTO with flexibility that is not normally found within the definition of a group order.

Color: Choice of 5 different colors for smooth box calf (Deep Navy, Antiqued Olive Green, Brogues, Vesuvio Antiqued, and one more TBC - any ideas?). Pig skin will be in Noce Antico.

Sole: Leather, leather with metal toe tips, vibram insert, vibram insert with metal toe tips.

Minimum quantity: 8 pairs of any combination. Need not be the same in last or color. Just need 8 pairs of this model - that's all it's needed for this special group order.

You can almost think of this as a mini MTO but at GMTO price. Can we have a show of hands who is in so that we can decide on the sticker price (if we have 12 confirmed interests we can try make the prices more attractive)?

We hope to publish the details on our webstore by end of this week so stay tuned!
Which last?

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would highly suggest you put together last guide for each brand with bird's-eye view pics to show each shape. This alone will reduce the majority of back-and-forth with Q&A........and will make customers out of many :fonz:

yeossal

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I would highly suggest you put together last guide for each brand with bird's-eye view pics to show each shape. This alone will reduce the majority of back-and-forth with Q&A........and will make customers out of many :fonz:
Great suggestion! A last/fitting guide similar to what you have suggested is already in the plans. Just waiting for other launches to fall in place before we get our hands on it.

GYWFan

Reaction score

Minimum quantity: 8 pairs of any combination - you can choose the last, leather, color and sole to your preference. Need not be the same in last or color. Just need 8 pairs of this model - that's all it's needed for this special group order.

I’m in!

joshua1189

Reaction score

I’m in

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This is awesome!

bsarosi

Reaction score
@yeossal,

Any chance you can provide a tentative price range? I know price could come down with more participants, but curious to know what the ballpark amount is. MTO price for the Centurion on AM site starts at 787 euros...should we expect a similar price?

AWu

Reaction score
I'm in

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads