1. MEGA EASTER EGG HUNT has started now! There will be $50, $100 eggs and a Golden Egg with a pair of St. Crispin's brown oxford shoes from Skoaktiebolaget inside!
  2. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

YEOSSAL - ANTONIO MECCARIELLO, TLB MALLORCA, CORNO BLU - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by yeossal, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Encore

Encore Senior Member

Is "ZB" Zonkey Boots? if so how would you describe ZB's instep comparing with other brands?

2. patliean1

patliean1 Distinguished Member

Cool. Im a 9.5UK in Vass' U Last and F Last
    I probably should go with a 44 in Yeossal.

3. Thilgela

Thilgela Senior Member

My general size is between UK7.5 and UK8 depending on maker/last. I went with UK7.5/41 as @PeeCeeBee suggested for this GMTO and with thin socks out of the box, the shoes are very comfortable to wear and the fit is spot on, not too roomy and not snug at all. I think after some break in period, I can also wear thick socks comfortably.

TBH, I find that I like the non-prestige line much more. It's more aggressive in terms of styling and designs at a lower price point, but with better constructions, etc. I wish more would come real soon.

4. beargonefishing

beargonefishing Distinguished Member

Yes, and the instep seems low on the one UK12 I have from them. The instep on the new Yeossal is high in comparison, but that could be a result of them being bigger.

5. beargonefishing

Quick thoughts on the Yeossal Scotts GMTO.

1. The sizing for the larger sizes is off (or they don't have a good handle on it yet), which I anticipated when I place the order. I was advised to go with the size 50, and it is a very large shoe (even for me). I suspect the 50 is closer to a US 15 than a US 13 (which is good news for those with big feet). I intend on participating in more of these because the value is great, but will order a 48 next time around.

2. The shoes are gorgeous. I love the Cuban heal and the waist is thinner and more beveled than all my other RTW shoes (except maybe the AS handgrade). The finishing is first class as well. Obviously I don't know how they will age.

With that said, if anyone out there is a US 14-15 and are interested in buying these, let me know. I am wearing them today so they will have one wear on them.

6. deez shoes

deez shoes Senior Member

woman-livedinashoe.gif
    If these guys happen to move out of their size 15 condo, I'll let you know ;)

7. WilYa

WilYa Senior Member

I don't think the sizing is off but the suggestion was. This maker uses european sizing and US13 is roughly EU47. The EUR/UK conversion on Yeossal website is just for guidance and holds true only for smaller sizes bacause EUR 1step >UK 0.5step

8. beargonefishing

I suspect this might be the case. When I ordered I emailed them directly for sizing and was told they were not standard European sizing. They clearly don't have a handle on the larger sizes yet. Hopefully this helps Yeossal and others.

9. deez shoes

deez shoes Senior Member

I will say that I just tried on my pair and I have to agree with you. My normal size for shoes is 9UK/43. Initially, I was suggested a size 9UK/44 but changed to a 8.5UK/43 after hearing sizing comparison to an EB last. Boy I'm I glad I changed to a 8.5uk/43! Even in that size I feel like the shoe is slightly roomier than a 9UK Rain last. I can't imagine how much bigger a 9UK/44 would have been. However, I also don't have wide feet so that should also be considered.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019 at 5:33 PM

10. deez shoes

deez shoes Senior Member

BTW, I'm on the fence about keeping my pair. If anyone is interested pm me.

[Update: shoes sold]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019 at 4:57 PM

11. rwtc

rwtc Senior Member

Thanks for the sizing reference :) I originally thought I needed the 9.5UK/45 size, which is sold out for the Hillcrest.

I just purchased the 9UK/44 and I hope the sizing works out. I have really wide feet so fingers crossed that 0.5 size up from 8.5 works out.

12. deez shoes

deez shoes Senior Member

Aren't you a 9.5UK normally? I think the 9/44 will work for you with this brand.

13. rwtc

rwtc Senior Member

I'm a perfect fit in 9.5UK in the 82 and 72, but 10UK in the 606 and 888. Your Scafora 9UK in the Door last was also a perfect fit :)

If this pair in 9/44 works out, then I'll be a loyal customer ... amazing value!

14. deez shoes

deez shoes Senior Member

Nice. I hope it works out.