• We would like to welcome LuxGentleman as an official Affiliate Vendor. LuxGentleman offers Neapolitan sartorial brands such as Isaia, Kiton, Borrelli, Sartoria Partenopea, D'Avenza, and Attolini, and Italian luxury brands like Loro Piana, Zegna, Canali, Cucinelli and Brioni at great prices. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

yellowy-gold cords

fatherseanfan

Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of yellowish-gold domenica vacca cords at Filenes for $25 (original price $580) and since I have never owned yellow pants i was wondering what does someone wear with them? And what color shoes? I never even thought about it before buying, I was so excited about the price. They seem like they could be worn dressy or casual.

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy blazer, earthtoned sportcoat, navy or earthtoned sweater. Any number of options.

abc123

Reaction score
Sounds like you got a nice deal. I'm looking into geting a pair of similar pants for the reason that you can wear damn near anything with them. I think browns and blues are obvious choices, and the only color that I would never pair with them is black (shoes or otherwise). Then again, I hate wearing black, so I may be biased. The way I see myself wearing them most frequently is with brown loafers, a light blue solid or patterned shirt with a navy or brown cord blazer. As it gets colder, I would just add a sweater again navy, brown, light blue, perhaps green, etc. You've got a lot of options, so have some fun experimenting!

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoes: brown of pretty much any suede; calf or suede. Color 8 burgundy

Blue blazers

Sweaters: navy, purple, forest green, maroon, charcoal.

Just avoid black unless you are a Georgia Tech graduate.

I have a pair of bright gold moleskins from Cordings that I have yet to wear.

No matter what, the trousers will generate comments and attention. You need to have some confidence to wear that color, especially in the USA.

Aus_MD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Will
A man who knows that his dog should complement, but not match, his shoes and trousers.

Whenever she sees a camera she thinks that she is part of the portrait. At 155 lb its usually best to go with the flow.

Aus

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aus_MD
Whenever she sees a camera she thinks that she is part of the portrait. At 155 lb its usually best to go with the flow.

Aus

Just beautiful

Aus_MD

Reaction score
She is an elderly English Mastiff, my second. Beautiful temperament. And the shoes are EG Chelsea in antique edwardian (also my second).

Aus

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.