1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yellow water?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dk7m, Jul 24, 2006.

1. dk7m

dk7m Senior member

I soaked my Lee 101B that I got from the Edwin store in Harajuku recently but for some reason, the water turned a bit yellow instead of blue like it usually has when I've soaked my other jeans. Is this normal? Here's a picture: [​IMG] However, when I saw that, I drained the water and flipped it from inside out and I stuck it back in the tub and the water turned blue like usual

2. beefcake

beefcake Senior member

that's starch/sizing, it's normal for the first soak to look like that. nice tiles!

3. dk7m

dk7m Senior member

Thanks for the quick response!

Actually those tiles are from my hotel room [​IMG]

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

You're not supposed to piss on your jeans, dude. You soak with water.

5. uNotAzFreshAzImIz

uNotAzFreshAzImIz Senior member

I thought that the yellow was ammonia they use when doing the indigo dye process ?

6. beefcake

beefcake Senior member

True, Brian. We also recently learned in another thread; "So When you dreesing one denim trousers or jacket, can you assume how much effort, sweat of chinese people were mixed in?" [​IMG]

7. The False Prophet

The False Prophet Senior member

I get yellow/brown water quite often when I've worn my jeans clubbing - soaked-up cigarette smoke!

Kinda makes you worry how much your lungs are absorbing...