1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yellow Underarm Stains

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rayalexsmith, May 11, 2011.

1. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

I thought it was hotter without the hair [​IMG] Am I crazy?

Yes. Hair generally insulates.

2. razl

razl Senior member

I'm surprised that no one have thought of sewing cotton sweat pads near the armpits. I've done it before on white shirts now I never have to worry about staining the armpits. This solution is so clever I think they should be included in every shirt out there.

Now that you mention it, nicer blazers have a similar setup in them for the same reason. I just looked and all of my warmer weather blazers have them - well, not exactly "sweat pads", but small well done pieces of material in the pit.

3. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

Now that you mention it, nicer blazers have a similar setup in them for the same reason. I just looked and all of my warmer weather blazers have them - well, not exactly "sweat pads", but small well done pieces of material in the pit.

+1.

This is why I have the same thing done to all my bench-made trou (or "pants" as some call them with little awareness of the plural.)

I have my guy put in a fairly big pad in the crotch. But, here's where he and I get inventive: the pad is not sewn in, but attaches with VELCRO. Two reasons: first, this allows me to remove the crotch pad only after three to five wears to send on to my dry cleaner (lesson? No need to launder trou ever); and (B) I just love that rrrriiippping sound it makes when I take the pad off.

I did not predict this, but this also makes riding a horse or other large animal (elephants in India, for example) much more comfortable. Bareback, which means for those of you who do not ride, no saddle.

Getting back to the Journal article, I like the new Murdoch WSJ. Stain coverage in the B&W drawing phase was shit poor.

Well done.

4. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

I thought it was hotter without the hair [​IMG] Am I crazy?

No. You are absolutely right.

Nod nod. Wink wink.