• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a handful of Yellow Hook ties listed on LuxeSwap with @SpooPoker that some of you might be interested in. These are all in fantastic shape, but I just had way too many ties in the closet.

This is a nice thicker one that ties up great!

My two personal favorites from the group:

^ Perfect for summer!

41L35W

Reaction score
I've got a handful of Yellow Hook ties listed on LuxeSwap with @SpooPoker that some of you might be interested in. These are all in fantastic shape, but I just had way too many ties in the closet.

^ Perfect for summer!
Love Yellow Hook! Thanks for drawing attention to these. I actually missed a couple of them when I went through the weekly offerings.
Question- looks like the wrong pictures got attached to the cranberry stripe plaid tie. Any chance you can work with Spoo to get that corrected so we can see what it looks like?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love Yellow Hook! Thanks for drawing attention to these. I actually missed a couple of them when I went through the weekly offerings.
Question- looks like the wrong pictures got attached to the cranberry stripe plaid tie. Any chance you can work with Spoo to get that corrected so we can see what it looks like?

Those are the correct photos. Spoo and his team come up with their own descriptions and "cranberry" might be a bit strong for that one but it's definitely got a cranberry-ish tint to it. It's an interesting color but still very versatile, especially with jackets with some navy or just about any shade of brown in them.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ Perfect for summer!
Too...many...ties? In a vacuum, I understand every word used...but together? Does not compute.

41L35W

Reaction score
Those are the correct photos. Spoo and his team come up with their own descriptions and "cranberry" might be a bit strong for that one but it's definitely got a cranberry-ish tint to it. It's an interesting color but still very versatile, especially with jackets with some navy or just about any shade of brown in them.
My apologies, I see the cranberry stripe now. It was an old man's eyes issue!

nycs10011

Reaction score
One of my Yellow Hook Shirts is listed on LuxeSwap with @SpooPoker. Never quite fit me it's like new and just in time for the summer.

s-l1600.jpg

Yellow Hook Linen Button Down

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a couple of Yellow Hook shirts up on LuxeSwap this week. Both of these are great shirts, I just sadly outgrew them a while back. I didn't even realize I had these left in the closet, but there they were when I was doing some cleaning a couple months ago!

This one is listed on LuxeSwap as linen but I believe it was actually a linen/cotton blend:

I believe this popover was also a linen/cotton blend:

I've never been saddened by the closure of a brand more than I have been about Yellow Hook. I wish Rob was still making stuff so I could get some new goods in my now bigger size...

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FOR THE TRUE YH FAN: I'm selling this incredible shirt. This was one of the last shirts (clothing items) Rob produced. A truly awesome denim workshirt with killer details. Size XL and in great shape. You won't find this shirt again!

View attachment 1504250

Asking $85 shipped.

One of my favourite shirts and a steal at that price.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a few Yellow Hook ties from my collection available on LuxeSwap this week. All are in great condition:

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a few Yellow Hook ties from my collection available on LuxeSwap this week. All are in great condition:

...and there goes my hope of sneaking in low bids! Great ties, I am already watching and hope to pick up one or two!

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...and there goes my hope of sneaking in low bids! Great ties, I am already watching and hope to pick up one or two!

Great ties indeed. I stand by my assertion that Yellow Hook were by far some of the best value:quality ratio ties out there. I was saddened when Rob shut down production but thankfully I've still got quite a supply of them in my closet.

Anybody know what Rob is up to these days? I miss seeing his fit pics here in this thread and elsewhere on Styleforum.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A tie that really grew on me over the years. Think it’s a LP linen?
Re: Rob’s whereabouts, seems he’s just doing the his dad/fitness thing out in BK. His kids haven’t attempted to kill him during quarantine, from all I can tell :crackup:
22E89D55-2FE7-425F-8178-0799E86507B2.jpeg

Silen-T

Reaction score
Selling this cinnamon donegal tweed YH tie. (59” x 3.25”) Perfect condition, only worn once. Possibly willing to trade for another YH tie. Feel free to inquire/message me
7387589C-8F22-4977-A157-F8B618FFDD84.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads