1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Imhoff, Dec 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

PM me, we'll make it happen. It's awesome man...

For those who don't know what he's talking about, check us out on instagram, FB and twitter. Or check this out:

[​IMG]

I was a little tentative going forward with a denim tie after our first experience with it a few years ago, but the denim was the first to fly off the shelves at The Proper Kit Trunk show, and we've been getting tons of pre-orders for it. So we're moving forward with this one (3" and completely unlined RAW SELVEDGE DENIM) and another denim stripe for later in the season. You guys'll love this.

Here's another early Spring pre-view....a gorgeous heavy weight brushed cotton herringbone six fold that was perfect for the frigid temps yesterday.

[​IMG]

This will be available hopefully by next week and is absolutely beautiful.

2 people like this.
  2. NewYorkIslander

Some shots of the Raw Selvedge Denim in action in a monochromatic look:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Braces add a great touch

1 person likes this.
  4. Goodman

Goodman Senior member

Rob, is this the equivalent of a "Formal" Canadian tuxedo.

2 people like this.
  5. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

[​IMG]

Admittedly, this isn't exactly newsworthy, but this tie, perhaps more so than any other previous, has taught me to just trust Rob's taste. When he said this was one of his favorites of the F/W collection, I was definitely apprehensive...just glad this stuck around long enough to kop.

Has that perfect, just gritty enough tweedy texture, and the color is SO deep it's awesome. I swear I look down and, in my office lighting, I can barely tell it's a plaid tie...damn things looks like the deepest sort of burgundy. Just perfect...

Note: apologies on the flyaway collar. I've found myself shying away from collar stays lately. I'm in an SC most of the day, these collar sits under the lapels quite easily without looking as rigid as they might with stays.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. NewYorkIslander

@ericgereghty Looks great....I had on something similar today. Another new prototype, a gorgoeus English Cotton Silk with a TON of texture. Great for early Spring when temps still aren't terrifically high.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A lot like that Burgundy plaid, very subtle pattern here, but it oozes texture and color.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    2 people like this.
  7. ericgereghty

@NewYorkIslander WTF is the design on it? A floral print? Maybe like a leafy/vine print? Really dig it.

I LOVE how solid/heathered it looks from even a small distance, as your pic shows.

8. mothball

mothball Senior member

Red & white barleycorn.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. NewYorkIslander

It's actually floral. I love it...think they might be blue roses...very Japanese...which is a hint at something we're experimenting with now.

1 person likes this.
  10. ericgereghty

Funky, definitely a neat look...love how it comes off as a chambray-like solid from a relatively short distance away...that's the ticket.

For perspective on the burgundy plaid, I actually had a few colleagues ask if the tie was solid black...gotta love how deep that burgundy is when people think it's black under poor lighting!

11. NewYorkIslander

Starting a WINTER CLEARANCE. All ties left in stock are now $89.99. Email forthcoming as well as social media shouts so act fast if you see one you like! Many of these are one and done.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  12. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Senior member

@NewYorkIslander, is the 20% code still active? I can't get it to work. And if I order something from the current batch, and chance you could hold off shipping until I pick up something from the Winter/Spring drop? Seems silly to pay $25 shipping for one tie. Thanks!

13. ericgereghty

As a side, any info on when the spring (or maybe it's still considered winter in fashion speak?) pieces will be announced/dropped?

14. NewYorkIslander

Hey, the 20% off finished this weekend, we're now clearing out the standard stock and the WBill and Cashmere pieces are back to their normal pricing. Even at those prices, they're a steal. We're probably going to raise our cashmere prices for Spring but the standard stock will still be 109.99.

I'm shooting for the end of January. You'll see plenty more teasers though. :)

1 person likes this.
  15. sebastian mcfox

Thanks mate - FYI there's a banner that pops up with an outdated code (blackfriday) when you visit the mobile site

1 person likes this.
  16. NewYorkIslander

@sebastian mcfox we changed the clearance....it's everything we have now....89.99. Thanks for the heads up on the pop up.

17. sebastian mcfox

That's great - and very generous of you - I picked up the forest puppytooth :)

2 people like this.
  18. ericgereghty

Great score @sebastian mcfox ...excellent value for a stunning piece. Glad somebody finally snagged the last one(s)

19. ericgereghty

[​IMG]

Here's the forest in action. My pic does it a terrible disservice...its stunning

1 person likes this.
  20. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

I grabbed the W Bill speckled herringbone cashmere with the 20% off code. It's a gorgeous piece. At $90, it's a no-brainer.

2 people like this.