• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm well aware that some of our photography leaves a bit to be desired, and we're working on that. We just grabbed a mannequin so we can do some better product shots and hopefully show off just how much better our ties are than what you'd find in a department store, even the finer ones. These ties are so softly constructed and beautiful, and I think these shots may help show that off a bit better. Moving forward, we will be featuring our product shots on the website this way, along with our standard product shots so customers can get a better feel for what we are crafting here. But for what's left of our Spring and Summer stock, I wanted to give you guys the first look.

Some shots of the stuff we have available on sale now at www.yellowhookneckties.com

Navy Irish Linen Herringbone Six Fold (On Spring Clearance for only $89.99):
http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/products/irish-linen-herringbone

Ischia Navy Blue Herringbone Windowpane (Summer Sale 25% off):
http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/products/navy-blue-window-pane

Berkaloo Cashmere Knit (Summer Sale 25% off):
http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/products/berkaloo-cashmere-knit

Summer Battery Tattersall (Summer Sale 25% off):
http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/products/summer-battery-tattersall

Navy with Red and White Paisley Hand Printed Italian Silk (Summer Sale 25% off)
http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/products/navy-with-red-and-white-paisley

I've never felt a lighter tie than this...

Also, featured in these shots is a first shirting experiment. We teamed up with one of America's oldest shirting manufactures to create a shirt that reflects what we're all about. Super soft collars and cuffs, lots of handwork and while we're tweaking the pattern now, we aim for this to be a comfortably slim fit. Too many shirts that label themselves as "slim" just aren't comfortable. Like our ties, we want our shirts to be worn. And wearing means working, traveling and basically being able to forget you're in a shirt all the while looking the part. I believe this is the softest constructed American made dress shirt on the market. You won't feel softness like this (and I'm pretty sure you can see it in the collar of these shots) without going full bespoke or buying from one of Napoli's preeminent shirt makers at three times the cost. We aim to get these shirts out in limited sizes this fall, and I'm hoping I'll be able to offer a special pre-order discount where you can get the shirt in your specific neck size and sleeve length. Stock sizes will be a standard sleeve length (yet to be determined) but we'd offer sleeve shorting for a nominal fee if that's something you'd need.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welp, you took my vague, and not entirely helpful suggestion, and turned it into EXACTLY what I had in mind!! Bravo!

The upshot is an exceptional angle, that highlights the knot/drape tremendously well, and kudos on the natural lighting...something almost entirely unseen in today's online shopping scene.

Again, bravo, and thank you for massively exceeding expectations on the updated pictures.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well the downside is now that we all have to look at least as good as that mannequin wearing these things. ;)

YHNT continuing to set the bar high.

Rob: really excited about these shirts. In for a preorder.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well the downside is now that we all have to look at least as good as that mannequin wearing these things.
wink.gif

YHNT continuing to set the bar high.

Rob: really excited about these shirts. In for a preorder.
Indeed. My secret is cutting all such pics off at the neck...removing one's (read: mine) ugly mug from a picture ups its value of quality exponentially!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Indeed. My secret is cutting all such pics off at the neck...removing one's (read: mine) ugly mug from a picture ups its value of quality exponentially!

My beard was not terribly helpful for those shots this past year, the mannequin in a game changer! No facial hair either! Thanks boys.

imys

Reaction score

Well the downside is now that we all have to look at least as good as that mannequin wearing these things. ;).

Yeah seriously!

Rob: now you have to make us those suits and pocket squares! I'll settle for the pocket squares first ( small steps).

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah seriously!

Rob: now you have to make us those suits and pocket squares! I'll settle for the pocket squares first ( small steps).

LOL, I know it sounds ridiculous, but I'd love this to grow into something bigger. I look at what guys like Mike Kuhle did at epaulet, Kent Wang at KW, Kirby Allison at The Hanger Project (all SF vendors) plus a bunch of others and get inspired. My ultimate inspiration of course is Ralph. Hey a guy can dream....this thing was literally started in my living room and is truly a labor of love...fingers crossed. Thanks so much to you guys who have been with us from the beginning. Courtney and I are humbled when we see so many return customers and really helps validate this thing for us. I hope to be able to spend some more dough and promote us a bit more, which I think is a next BIG step for us. One day soon...

Magnanimist

Reaction score
Received my first Yellow Hook purchase in the mail today: the stunning Berkaloo along with a nice hand written note from Rob. Really, really nice tie and practically one of a kind.

It warms my heart to know that family-run, entrepreneurial, craft-based businesses are still alive and well. You've got a great rep here on SF Rob and a loyal following already...I predict nothing but continued success.

Look forward to your next collection.

RuleOfRescue

Reaction score
I am close to pulling the trigger on my 1st YH purchase too, and was thinking of the same tie (and the Rutledge Red raw silk). Do you think the Berkaloo will work with a grey pique suit?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL, I know it sounds ridiculous, but I'd love this to grow into something bigger. I look at what guys like Mike Kuhle did at epaulet, Kent Wang at KW, Kirby Allison at The Hanger Project (all SF vendors) plus a bunch of others and get inspired. My ultimate inspiration of course is Ralph. Hey a guy can dream....this thing was literally started in my living room and is truly a labor of love...fingers crossed. Thanks so much to you guys who have been with us from the beginning. Courtney and I are humbled when we see so many return customers and really helps validate this thing for us. I hope to be able to spend some more dough and promote us a bit more, which I think is a next BIG step for us. One day soon...
If shirting/suiting is in the mix, please allow for some level of MTM!

As a 5'9 fella with a 17.5" neck and 30" waist, it's a safe bet anything that "fits" (neck, at least) off the rack will be far too big everywhere else.

Magnanimist

Reaction score
Yes, I think the Berkaloo will work with a grey pique suit, especially if it's on the medium to dark side of grey. I tested out the tie on a couple of my grey suits, what's interesting to me is how the Berkaloo transforms them into something more casual, yet still refined. I concluded that it's the combination of the pattern, the color, and the soft cashmere fabric that does that. Very happy with the purchase.

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am close to pulling the trigger on my 1st YH purchase too, and was thinking of the same tie (and the Rutledge Red raw silk).  Do you think the Berkaloo will work with a grey pique suit? 

The Rutledge Red Raw Silk is phenomenal...it's one of those that if we had a store, and people could handle our wares more, instead of seeing images, would sell instantly. The Berkaloo is also fantastic, and would certainly bring a nice touch of spring relaxation to a grey suit. You'll love it.

If shirting/suiting is in the mix, please allow for some level of MTM!

As a 5'9 fella with a 17.5" neck and 30" waist, it's a safe bet anything that "fits" (neck, at least) off the rack will be far too big everywhere else.

My drop isn't that big, but I hear you. If you'd like to PM me, I'd be happy to work with you to get you our shirts in your measurements. Lead time may be a bit closer to two months, but if you know you're getting something you love, it may be worth it. It may be slightly more than our retail as custom patterns do cost us a bit extra, but nothing crazy.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Received my first Yellow Hook purchase in the mail today: the stunning Berkaloo along with a nice hand written note from Rob. Really, really nice tie and practically one of a kind. 

It warms my heart to know that family-run, entrepreneurial, craft-based businesses are still alive and well. You've got a great rep here on SF Rob and a loyal following already...I predict nothing but continued success.

Look forward to your next collection.

Thanks Mag! That means a lot to us. You're gonna dig the late summer and early Fall gear....some real special pieces in it!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whats left of our Spring/Summer stock:

Canary Linen Six Fold
IMG_6010_zpswqkepemo.jpg

IMG_6006_zpsx0bkqr6o.jpg

IMG_6006_zpsx0bkqr6o.jpg

IMG_6039_zpsq44n736c.jpg

http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/products/canary-linen-six-fold

Purple Grenadine Six Fold
IMG_6043_zpswrweoi1h.jpg

IMG_6045_zpsrhspm9j0.jpg

IMG_6053_zpsaxifl5zm.jpg

http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/products/purple-grenadine

Bold Blue Floret
IMG_6058_zpscmaoifch.jpg

IMG_6061_zps1x92botv.jpg

IMG_6067_zpsduj4nm9z.jpg

IMG_6070_zpsyep7wutq.jpg

IMG_6083_zpsccqbhpkt.jpg

http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/products/blue-bold-floret

Lent Silk Twill
IMG_6093_zpssmp7r7se.jpg

IMG_6096_zpsjjvqrufn.jpg

IMG_6102_zps0k6k2ijn.jpg

IMG_6105_zpskisyfarr.jpg

IMG_6106_zpsveumbfzd.jpg

IMG_6117_zpsbihu3qkb.jpg

http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/products/lent-twill

Khaki Linen Stripe Six Fold
IMG_6130_zpsptws5pxs.jpg

IMG_6148_zpsyrmvlah6.jpg

IMG_6160_zpsbphb7vez.jpg

http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/products/khaki-linen-stripe

Hand Printed Italian Silk, Navy with Gold and Orange Stripe
IMG_6163_zpsxgmjf5jc.jpg

IMG_6165_zpsisot990z.jpg

IMG_6178_zps0lipt6kl.jpg

IMG_6179_zpstnkstxrw.jpg

IMG_6182_zpslner8bsz.jpg

http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/products/blue-with-gold-and-orange-stripe

Rutledge Red Silk Twill (much lighter than the Lent Silk Twill in weight)
IMG_6191_zpsnikoioql.jpg

IMG_6193_zpsujqax9wc.jpg

IMG_6199_zps75xb2a6v.jpg

http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/products/rutledge-red-silk-twill

Rutledge Red Herringbone Raw Silk (This really feels like a cashmere, rather than a raw silk...just incredible)
IMG_6207_zps8g7igerm.jpg

IMG_6208_zpsdo7urqh1.jpg

IMG_6214_zpstdwzxqhe.jpg

IMG_6221_zpsmaopnycq.jpg

IMG_6224_zpsaagm6rcn.jpg
IMG_6227_zpsartzcgft.jpg
IMG_6225_zpsvwzz5oyx.jpg

http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/products/red-herringbone-raw-silk

Remember, all that are part of the Spring Collection are on clearance at 89.99 and all Summer Collection ties are 25% off with code "Summer" at checkout.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads