1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Imhoff, Dec 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Cifodeluca

Cifodeluca Member

So it is orange and not cinnamon brown? I thought it would be close to the dark camel color the last YH vicuna/cashmere came in.

2. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

You know what, I'd say Rob got it right (no surprise there) with the cinnamon brown label.

I'd call it a very, VERY deep/murky orange and cinnamon brown hybrid, but that is just how I interpret the coloring.

Either way, I would recommend absolutely giving the crepe a go if you're even remotely considering it, or even if you're not...you will NOT be disappointed!

I'd have fit pics today, but I've got a birthday party, and I do not want drunk women playing with my tie...

1 person likes this.
  3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

iirc this is the Grey Herringbone overcoating Three Fold from the Churchill Collection.
    It's hard to see here and I sent a boat load to @SpooPoker but @Goodman I believe this is a Wool Fresco...We did a couple of ties in this fabric, really nice stuff.
    @ericgereghty I will take one out and get you some natty light pics later today, sorry I haven't yet. And yea, Mets look good. I hate that the country will be rooting against them with the Cubbies in the NLCS and that whole Back to the Future thing...but thats ok, I felt it was us against the world in the Dodgers series, so this will be no different!
    I'm dimply challenged...I love how guys like @SpooPoker and @Claghorn and a handful of others are great with it, but for some reason I have a hard time with any of my ties. I kind of give them a quick Sprezz dimple and call it a day. Even when the dimple does come out perfect I'm moving around so much at school that it hardly ever stays.
    Enjoy @kickstand. We're rolling out brand new pricing this week too, you should check it out!
    This looks FANTASTIC!
    Great shot of the Burgundy Plaid...its perfect for this time of year. And yes @Wood those are both Churchill Ties! Enjoy.
    Looking great @heldentenor that should keep you warm well into winter up north!
    I freaking love this piece....when we first saw it it was a must buy. So, sorry for the long delay in responding....we've had cell tower issues in our neighborhood and internet issues in our apartment building. That combined with a new student teacher at work for me meant I've had like 2 seconds of internet accessibility in the past week or so. Internet is back up and running at home, so you'll be hearing, and seeing more now!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  4. ericgereghty

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shout out to @spoopoker for the blue tweed. Red flecks really pop off the blue...

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

you guys are all making these ties look great. Well done and thank you! Still a bunch of winners left - link in my sig.

1 person likes this.
  6. NewYorkIslander

[​IMG]

Only one left of this here boys, don't sleep it won't last.

http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/products/chocolate-mini-windowpane

We're email blasting our new prices out this Wednesday, so if there's anything that catches your eye, please grab before then. By the weekend we hope to have the prices on site redone so all codes will be finished and the prices will be there for everyone. Next week we'll be hammering it out on social media.

7. Don L

Don L Senior member

W. Bill Cashmere in action.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
    5 people like this.
  8. NewYorkIslander

I LOVE THIS! So Fall! Well done @Don L

9. ericgereghty

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Snaps of the crepe in varying degrees of natural light. Perfectly toes the line between visual fragility in its texture and practical toughness....and just such wonderful fall color.

2 people like this.
  10. NewYorkIslander

Very cool...even works in LA.

11. NewYorkIslander

Some of what's in store:

[​IMG]

We'll have lots more debuting at The Proper Kit Trunk Show in a couple weeks.

2 people like this.
  12. imys

imys Senior member

Lovely outfit @Don L . I really like the shawl cardigan on that crepe - a great autumnal pairing.

Awesome outfit @ericgereghty . I can't believe how different the crepe looks in different degrees of light - just stunning. The camel-colour jacket pairs really nicely with the cinnamon brown crepe. I really need to get a jacket like that.

Great stuff Rob! Perfect for this time of year. I wish I could be at the Trunk show because these look absolutely beautiful. I really need to get to NY.

Details on the first from the far right?

13. imys

imys Senior member

Paintbrush blue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. ericgereghty

Thanks Rob. It's probably too warm for very traditional fall/winter gear, but I'm stubborn as all get out, so mid/late October means I'm wearing my cashmere and camel hair haha.

It does help being in a climate controlled environment most of the day lol.

15. NewYorkIslander

Thanks dude. That one is a one off, we had enough Cashmere/Silk (It's a knit) to make one skinny tie (which never sell, so i knew immediately I'd keep for myself) and one six fold. I wore this to a buddies wedding in June, if I can dig up the pic I will...I love it.
    That knot is GREAT, and I love how the colors just jump off this tie up close.

2 people like this.
  16. NewYorkIslander

17. imys

imys Senior member

Dark chocolate brown with navy windowpane.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. ericgereghty

Super scratchy and beefy texture. Looks fabulous.

1 person likes this.
  19. NewYorkIslander

Just a reminder, prices will be changed on our site and we'll be pumping out emails, social media posts, etc tomorrow. If there's anything you're needing, make sure you grab it now using the codes we gave you!

20. imys

imys Senior member

Thanks @ericgereghty ! Its an Italian wool/silk blend by Tom Ford (if my memory serves me correctly) that Rob sourced. Its quite 'gritty'
    but drapes and knots very well. The faint blue windowpanes are more evident in natural sunlight. I was going a little out of my comfort zone on this one with the 'rustic' texture but I am thoroughly pleased how it turned out.

1 person likes this.