1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Imhoff, Dec 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Hey guys, we just grabbed some super luxe English cottons for late summer, early Fall, just wanted to let any guys who might need a special length or width to shoot me an email and we can arrange a preorder if you'd like....otherwise if our standard 6 fold works for you, these are going to be rocking! Expect them early August!

2. NewYorkIslander

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sold Out Yellow Hook Stripe and a look at our next venture, Made in the USA super soft collar hand crafted shirting.

This is a simple oxford cloth spread collar that we'll be offering sometime this Fall along with a few other options that we feel will compliment our ties perfectly. Soft, supple, luxurious fabrics with a conservative spread collar and high band that will work well with our Fall Tweeds and our lightweight silks. SImple design, no pocket and two back pleats will feature along with a one button mitered cuff. We're still working on fit and tweaking the pattern, but it will be based on an athletic cut with a slightly slimmer waist than typical athletic fits that tend to billow and blouse out. We're pretty proud to have found a group of expert seamstresses and tailors who will be cutting and making these shirts who will be paid fairly and honestly and most importantly right here in the United States.

I'll be posting more info on our shirting once we get closer to releasing them.

Last edited: May 17, 2015
    5 people like this.
  3. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Soft collar FTW! Looking forward to seeing what you've got for us.

1 person likes this.
  4. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

That's awesome! Looking forward to seeing more about these shirts!

1 person likes this.
  5. Goodman

Goodman Senior member

Any idea of what cost would be?

6. NewYorkIslander

I'm hoping to keep the basic line at around $150 (may be able to offer an SF discount depending on how sales go) and offer a few special shirts at a slightly higher price point.

7. imys

imys Senior member

My favourite knit of the season! This is absolutely georgeous.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  8. Goodman

Goodman Senior member

If they are the shirting equivalent of your ties I'm sure they will be fantastic.

1 person likes this.
  9. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

Not sure of the general consensus here, but if Yellow Hook could get (or make it the default) a 9cm width, it would be much appreciated!

1 person likes this.
  10. Iyor

Iyor Senior member

+1

1 person likes this.
  11. NewYorkIslander

If there's something you guys are interested in, please reach out. Since our stuff is done in the manner it is, we can always accommodate small adjustments in pattern, and we're happy to do so. Having said that, even though the blade measures 3.25" (slightly wider than 8cm) it doesn't wear much differently than our older 9cm (3.5" pattern). We simply tweaked the angle of the cut ever so slightly so that the blade is just a touch slimmer.

12. NewYorkIslander

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Introducing Yellow Hook Bows. Releasing this weekend, our first attempt at the classic American made bow tie will be released in a bunch of limited edition one offs. We've been asked many times in the past if we did bows, and now we can say that we do. The great luxurious fabrics you come to know us for have been selected and we think these are some real special pieces. Best part? Since the fabric needed is significantly less, these will sell at $79.99. So act fast!

13. NewYorkIslander

Bows are up and live right now boys. Best part? We're lucky enough to price them at a lower price point because the amount of fabric and interlining needed is significantly less than our standard long ties. For the inaugural launch, these will ALL be limited edition ONE OFFS, and once they're gone, they're gone for good. Happy shopping!

http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/collections/bow-ties

14. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Great assortment! Lavender donegal and houndstooth windowpane are personal faves

1 person likes this.
  15. NewYorkIslander

OK boys, we'll be away just about the entire month of July and we still have a bunch of stock here. Gonna start our summer sale a little early. Enter the code "Summer" at checkout to get 25% off of any tie in our Summer Collection. Reminder, we still have a bunch of GREAT summer ready ties in our Spring Collection on clearance, but a bunch of these Summer pieces are very limited (a handful of one offs in super lightweight silks and wool blends).

Check out the summer ties here:

http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/collections/summer-2015

Have fun boys.

16. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I like to think that i was the guinea pig for the Yellow Hook endeavor into bow ties and my batch arrived yesterday. I'll have to take a few photos of them this evening but I'm wearing a navy grenadine one today and it's great!

I got a nice assortment of linen, silk, grenadine, and tweed they are all really nice. The construction on them is outstanding! I wear bows a few days a week and one of my biggest concerns with them is that they will be too big and/or too floppy but that's not a concern with these. The material is nice and stiff, yet relatively thin so they tie up really nicely. If you like the construction and fabrics of Rob's neckties but also like bow ties, these are for you!

1 person likes this.
  17. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Would love to see the grenadine bow tie in action!

1 person likes this.
  18. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

Another request/quibble: moving forward, would it be possible to add a picture or two the each individual tie's description? For my money, it sells a clearly exceptional product short when the only visuals are a side rolled shot, and one of the knot.

Just my .02

19. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Yes. Want to see the bow ties! Have my eye on one or two...

1 person likes this.
  20. NewYorkIslander

You'd like a close up shot of the fabric? That's something we an certainly do. We'll also be adding a shot of the tie on a shirt (blue or white oxford) starting this fall.