• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Costa

Reaction score
Rob was kind enough to allow me to purchase a pre-release for an interview next week. Just received it today and I have to say it will be time to start changing out my ties to Yellow Hook. My first but most definitely not my last! All the best Rob and thanks again for throwing in the good luck for no extra charge!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We expect the first group of our pre-orders in very soon...in the meantime, check out this exclusive tie we designed for a friend of Yellow Hook's wedding this June:

Made from Loro Piana Wool/Linen/Silk the groom and his groomsmen really looked sharp in this tie we exclusively designed and crafted for them. Feel free to reach out if there's something in particular you're looking for for your wedding party, and we can make that happen.​

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sorry man...the pattern for these are hard to nail down to our specs.

YHNT linen brown houndstooth...definitely still one of my faves:

Looks GREAT!

So, been a quiet few weeks, but we do have two great Loro Piana Fall ties up and live on our website.

This awesome deep water blue is fantastic for the end of summer, early fall...
http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/products/loro-piana-indigo-wool-linen-silk

And then this is the last of the grey, which is going to be a primo color this fall...
http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/products/loro-piana-grey-denim-wool-linen-silk

Reaction score
Just received my Mini Paisley Herringbone Silk.

Love, love, love it!

Please make more ties with patterns and fabrics that are suitable for wear with formal suits. I'm a lawyer and I have to dress a little bit conservative.

NickInTO

Reaction score
Not to derail the beautiful pictures of beautiful ties, but I recall YHNT named a tie after Scott Hutchison - Rob, have you heard the new Owl John record? Thoughts?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not to derail the beautiful pictures of beautiful ties, but I recall YHNT named a tie after Scott Hutchison - Rob, have you heard the new Owl John record? Thoughts?

We did in fact, the @OwlJohn as well as a "Scared Hare". We gave Scott the @OwlJohn when we met him last October....super cool dude. I have downloaded the album but have yet to really get into it. What are your thoughts?

NickInTO

Reaction score
We did in fact, the @OwlJohn as well as a "Scared Hare". We gave Scott the @OwlJohn when we met him last October....super cool dude. I have downloaded the album but have yet to really get into it. What are your thoughts?

I've only had a chance to listen to it once all the way through, but it's pretty great. It's not as immediately accessible as a Frightened Rabbit album, but Hate Music has quickly become one of my favourite songs he's ever done.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm enjoying the Owl John album, too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads