1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Imhoff, Dec 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. MRMstl

MRMstl Senior member

X-POST from WAYWRN

Rob--wish I could justify buying more but I rarely have occasion to wear them (including today...just had to bust one out!)

Italian cashmere from last F/W collection.

One of my faves! Happy Holidays to the YHNT family.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT: the shitty ifone pics don't show it, but there are beautiful light blue flecks woven into the fabric that are about the same color as the shirt. Really, really beautiful fabric. I may have to consider a job change just to have an excuse to get more ties :)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    3 people like this.
  2. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

That all looks fantastic.

Edit: To be more specific. The colors are very nice and the three different textures and patterns of the jacket, the sweater and the tie are very good. :nodding:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. MRMstl

MRMstl Senior member

Thanks!

4. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

That's outstanding! Tell me about the sweater!

5. NewYorkIslander

[​IMG]

One unit left of this vintage raw silk....its a great piece, and the subtle herringbone is gorgeous!

We also have one (a surprise) Vintage 1950's Tweed and 100% Cashmere Brown and Grey Stripe that we're going to put up tonight on the site. They're both in our standard pattern 3.25 x 58....and the last you'll ever see of either. PM me if ant of you guys want them first.

Cashmere is 159.99 Vintage Tweed is 149.99

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. MRMstl

MRMstl Senior member

Thanks!

100% camel hair vest from BB. Picked it up 2ish seasons ago from their website at a steal.

7. MRMstl

MRMstl Senior member

@NewYorkIslander

Rob, everything I click on the site says 'product unavailable.' Didn't you use to mark items as 'sold out' on the main collection page?

I found that system much more helpful than clicking on a tie only to then see it's sold out. Maybe you got a bunch of feedback already to switch to this system but just my $.02.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  8. NewYorkIslander

Appreciate it man. It is frustrating but I guess now would be as good as a time as any to drop some news we've been holding close to the chest. Starting in early January, we've hired some more folks so that we'll be able to keep stock updated on a more regular basis. We've always been looking, but finding folks who can produce a tie to our high standards has not been easy, but we think we've found a few who can do wonderful work, and help us keep our site updated with stock. I'll post some pics once we get our first batches from them (and boy, some of the new stuff is OUTSTANDING).

@MRMstl we know this is the biggest problem we've needed to tackle, but if there's anything you're ever interested in that IS sold out....reach out. Sometimes we do have a bit of extra cloth, or sometimes even stock that we don't know about (our makers have the stuff laying around, and we can call and ask) so feel free to reach out via pm, email or facebook message.

Yesterdays look:

[​IMG]

Vintage 50's Tweed

This is one we have an extra 3.25" of if anyone is interested....I was hoping to get this up last night, but didn't get a chance to. Most likely by the weekend...along with the brown and grey cashmere stripe.

1 person likes this.
  9. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Damn that piece is sweet....hhhmmm

10. imys

imys Senior member

A beautiful piece by YHNT
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

12. imys

imys Senior member

From last Fall/Winter.

Rob, can you help with the description, I don't remember what it was. All I know it's another smashing tie from YHNT!

[​IMG]

13. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

@imys you are really lighting a fire here with these YHNT ties! You have a beautiful collection and thanks for sharing.

1 person likes this.
  14. imys

imys Senior member

Thank you kindly! I'm so glad I found YHNT! Rob et al., are amazing. Their ties are a quintessential piece to any man's wardrobe. I know I'll be wearing them for many many years to come and will definitely get passed down to future generations.
    Keep them coming Rob and crew [​IMG]

-Imy

1 person likes this.
  15. ReedCA

ReedCA Senior member

After a long wait, I finally have some good wedding photos - featuring my brothers in the Purple Brown Zenga Cahsmere

[​IMG]
    Photo Credit: www.braun-photography.com

3 people like this.
  16. NewYorkIslander

Its Camel Hair Cashmere....English iirc from Ercoles.
    Sure man, this is Zegna Wool Houndstooth from eons ago (one of our first releases) I love that tie!
    Damn, you guys look GREAT! Congrats again! Cincy is a great town, and as a whiskey drinker, the fact that you're that close to The Party Source is AWESOME!

17. imys

imys Senior member

A chilly (-10oC) morning [[​IMG]] on this first-day of Winter in Canada! I'm glad I had this hefty Cocoa Flannel to keep me warm. One of my absolute favourites!

I would love a scarf in this Rob!

PS: The rich chocolate-coloured flannel is on a navy pinstripe shirt and charcoal cardigan. I tried to take different angles to bring out the chocolate-colour and details - it didn't come out as well as I would have liked.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  18. NewYorkIslander

I love that color (or as you say, colour).

19. imys

imys Senior member

A grey morning calls for a grey houndstooth!

I LOVE this colo(u)r too Rob [​IMG]

I can't believe how soft it is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. ReedCA

ReedCA Senior member

Rust velvet cake for Christmas Eve.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.