• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very nice picks....I'm loving what we did as well. We have a handful more coming up as well that I'm also stoked about. Off the top of my head we have a few red silks, more linens and a fantastic washed navy seersucker.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And some of the newer stuff:
(Yet to be released)
Gunner Dot Silk

Bred Paisley Silk

Washed Navy Seersucker

Newly released and selling fast:
http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/products/spring-green-herringbone-linen

http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/products/amalfi-blue-silk-knit

http://yellowhook-ties.myshopify.com/products/mini-cyclone-flax

And another happy customer:

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
You should get a picture of that happy customer riding his electric skateboard.

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my first Yellow Hook. Picked up the linen cyclone large check. Spring is coming.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got all 4 ties in the mail today - as you can guess they feel light and amazing. I'll post a pic a little later but it'll be via an iPhone5 so I apologize in advance for not doing them enough justice.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My package got here today but the mailman didn't leave it because of the signature confirmation, need to pick it up at the post office tomorrow. Nothing worse than knowing YHNT made it to Florida from Brooklyn, but it's still sitting in a box across town!

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry for the bad pic quality ... I need to get a proper camera one of these days.

the green on the green herringbone doesn't come through well via the iPhone. The others are pretty true to color and the quality is, of course, excellent.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is the much sought after wool-linen Loro Piana 6 fold

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm tempted to start wearing them now but I'll resist - it's still freezing temp and below here in Boston and we're supposed to be in for another snowstorm come Monday. I figure I have the next 5-6 months to wear these so it'll pay to be patient.

Thanks very much for the compliments, guys. It's hard to pick a bad Yellowhook tie, though!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads