• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If it is domestic delivery I've never had to sign for a box. Go to work and earn more YHNT $.
1f604.png

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, done and done. I haven't gotten a USPS package in a while so I wasn't sure if they'd require it. UPS delivers all my Amazon Prime orders and they don't require it.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're going to LOVE the Cocoa Cashmere...its one of the softest fabrics I've EVER felt...I think its even softer than the elusive and exclusive vicuna.
Looks like they are all gone
facepalm.gif

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yea, we're pretty low on stock, but I have to say, the Dark Houndstooth and the Scottish Blackwatch Cashmere are both up there in softness with the cocoa...simply gorgeous fabrics.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you experiencing any backlog on shipping items? I got an email on 1/20 with a USPS tracking code but there's been no change to the status of it since then - just the electronic shipping info received status saying they were notified to expect a parcel.

Edit: You can disregard, man. USPS just updated 30 mins. ago. It's at their sorting facility in NY so looks like I'm on track for delivery around the middle of next week.

I got the cocoa cashmere, English tattersall, and dark glen plaid cashmere and can't wait to rock all of these.

I've never really seen a pre-tracking number linger like that so I wasn't sure what to make of it.

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry about that...sometimes our Post Office here isn't the greatest, but its the one we have to work with. We generally get orders out the next business day after they are ordered on our lunch hour, or the latest on our way to grab our kids after school (4PM). The storm threw everyone for a loop here as well, and Tuesday was the first day POs were open (Sunday and MLK Day) so it wouldn't surprise me if that sat there an extra day or two. I would expect them to be to you by Monday tbh, as once they get out of NY, its a quick trip! Let me know when they get there...I'm sure you'll love them.

Last edited:

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it is domestic delivery I've never had to sign for a box. Go to work and earn more YHNT $.
1f604.png

FYI if it's insured for more than $200, sometimes your local post office (at their discretion) will request a signature.

Like everyone, have always been a fan of that white Stark. But even more, really like the casual flannel shirt choice here. It works really beautifully with the tie and jeans. Helpful and great to see casual shirt + tie pulled off well.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sooooo cold.

Perfect time to pick up some of our first S/S pieces! Pics to follow. You guys will like! I do.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm picturing some sick linen and shantung stuff and I can almost hear my wallet weeping.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm picturing some sick linen and shantung stuff and I can almost hear my wallet weeping.

Lots of awesome linens (some real lux stuff too, think LP Linen/Silk) and some super silk knits. We've shied away from the shantung as I feel it needs a more beefier construction than what we do. If I can find a real nice heavy one though, you now we'll carry it!

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry about that...sometimes our Post Office here isn't the greatest, but its the one we have to work with. We generally get orders out the next business day after they are ordered on our lunch hour, or the latest on our way to grab our kids after school (4PM). The storm threw everyone for a loop here as well, and Tuesday was the first day POs were open (Sunday and MLK Day) so it wouldn't surprise me if that sat there an extra day or two. I would expect them to be to you by Monday tbh, as once they get out of NY, its a quick trip! Let me know when they get there...I'm sure you'll love them.

Just got them today like you said. Thanks very much for the handwritten note, too. That type of stuff is a dying art and it's good to see guys like you and the NMWA crew adding that personal touch to the online experience.

As for the ties - holy ****. Amazing. All three of these will be in heavy rotation. That cocoa cashmere is nuts. I'm really lucky to grab one of the final ones in stock.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my first tie from Yellow Hook - the cashmere houndstooth (I'm concentrating on building up a few basics from various forum vendors right now, after which I will only be buying one or two very special items).

The tie is lovely, but as others have remarked here, it's also the personal service and small touches that make receiving a tie from Yellow Hook a pleasure. And the postage to Japan was remarkably quick and not expensive at all.

Thank-you very much!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads