• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of those prestige brand ties. Think this was a Draper’s Silk/Linen. Love the old school vibes of this one...also, please keep posting your loved YHs!

489D55BF-A7E8-4760-A6FB-B86D48AC0E7F.jpeg

4D1B1234-4407-4356-A7E2-BD70D0E7CEC9.jpeg

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This tie, probably more than any other, embodies my love for YH. I hit Rob up about upcoming drops something stupid like 7-8 months out (as always, he quickly obliged) and had to have this one as soon as I saw it.
I think he had to wait an additional few months just to physically possess the fabric, and then a month or so thereafter to actually receive it on my end. Massive understatement to say it was worth the wait.
It’s so nice (Kiton WSL I believe) that I bought a second.

5B00C7A6-8618-46A4-B9F6-7FB108156326.jpeg

445DF126-B22F-44C1-B2D2-AC8607C06596.jpeg

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This tie, probably more than any other, embodies my love for YH. I hit Rob up about upcoming drops something stupid like 7-8 months out (as always, he quickly obliged) and had to have this one as soon as I saw it.
I think he had to wait an additional few months just to physically possess the fabric, and then a month or so thereafter to actually receive it on my end. Massive understatement to say it was worth the wait.
It’s so nice (Kiton WSL I believe) that I bought a second.

View attachment 1139166

View attachment 1139167
Big fan. Why did Rob stop YH?

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have this chambray in size 2 for sale or trade (for YH ties).

It's only been worn a few times and cold washes hang dried. Zero flaws or signs of wear.

50 USD shipped (from Toronto)

20190407_103116.jpg

nycs10011

Reaction score
Just listed a YH linen button-down. Size 2. Bought it and decided it was too slim fitting for me. Happy to sell here. DM if you're interested.

La Fin Du Monde

Reaction score
Happy New Year Gents!

My items have made it into this weeks offerings and I wanted to highlight some of my favorites. I am a huge fan of Yellow Hook and am heartbroken that they are no longer around. The quality and craftsmanship is outstanding. If these still fit, I wouldn’t have made these available.

First up, this beauty. The color and styling really stand out. Rob’s sense of taste hits a home run with this one.

I hated giving this one up. This classic stripe is such a staple of any wardrobe and goes so well with so many of the YH ties Rob created.

For the sartorially adventurous this grey spread collar is ideal. Rob chose this color because it tricks the eye and plays the role of a white shirt through the subtleness of light grey.

Staying with the sleight-of-hand grey, this Oxford button down is a wonderful. The construction of the shoulder and collar drape wonderfully. These shirts feel light as a feather and wear well under sweaters or vests. The material is excellent and quite breathable.

Rob eventually started moving YH from classic menswear to workwear. This work shirt is styled after the barbers of yore with patch utility pockets to hold all of your gear. The slubby nature of this hard wearing material really stands out. The metal buttons are also pretty dope.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads