• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The black raw silk is insane. Highly recommend snagging.

Got the shiny black six fold instead, the raw silk is cool but thought if I want black I want something formal and smooth/less texture

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So...I know a lot of you guys came here for the #menswear, and may be disappointed with the new direction, but I just want to share something that I think might excite EVERYONE.

We've recently teamed up with a struggling Western Pa Bootmaker (primarily Western Boots, but they have done lots of stuff for the US Military in the past as well). These guys have been making boots here for a very long time. Bender Bootmakers shut down in 2002 after years of manufacturing high quality Western and Work Boots.

http://old.post-gazette.com/businessnews/20020115warn0115bnp2.asp

Thankfully it re-opened shortly after, helping to keep the economy of this tiny Western Pa town going.

http://old.post-gazette.com/businessnews/20021105shoes1105bnp4.asp

These guys are good at what they do, and we're stoked to share with you guys here exclusively for now (no IG or SM posts yet) two new boots we worked on with the team out there for a Kickstarter Campaign this summer with hopeful production to run in the Fall.

Everything about this screams YH. Proudly and unabashedly made in America. Top quality construction. Direct to customer pricing (no built in wholesale) and design you've come to know and love.

But enough of the narrative...check out the product. Here's our first two samples, one a Brooklyn Ode to the Red Wing Iron Ranger, and the other a Combat Boot for the Streets. Both will feature wedge soles, a black one on the Combat Boot and the one shown on the burgundy. Both will be crafted by hand here from gorgeous Chromex leather that will patina amazingly. So...

View attachment 933859 View attachment 933860

Where can we pre-order these?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So how do you all size your YH shirts?

My neck is a size-16 which is YH3.
But my body measurements suggest i am better off with a YH2.

I would like to have an option to button up and wear a tie if need be.

Since the shirts are so well put together, it would be a shame to ask a local tailor to alter the body and maybe do a botch job.....

I'd go YH3. It's cut relatively slim, so it won't be too obviously big. In fact, I can go either YH1 or YH2 in terms of body fit, and both look good.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anybody gets buyer's remorse over either the black raw silk, navy shantung, and bright blue pinstripe, let me know and I'll gladly take them off your hands.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about unloading that navy and white pencil stripe to me? Hehe
tenor.gif

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't been on SF in the longest time. Bought one of Rob's first shirts, which I love. Came on here to look around about latest offerings and just caught a comment about no more ties/shirts?!?! Damn man, sorry to hear! Hope your next endeavor(s) is a good one! Just snagged the (last?) red chambray YH3!

shabbytraddy

Reaction score
Had to pull the trigger on Marine Windowpane and Navy Gunclub Check. I'm supposed to gift one to my boss in honor of retirement, but we'll see how that shakes out...

Still some good ties left if anyone's on the fence...

Thanks so much to Rob and Courtney for the killer ties and fantastic brand!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys, just marked down our shirts another $20...these shouldn't stick around long, under our cost....for AMAZING shirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads