1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Imhoff, Dec 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior member

I have many grenadines (fina and grossa weave) but not one with a herringbone pattern to it. I'm very intrigued to see how the navy herringbone looks in person.

1 person likes this.
  2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

1 person likes this.
  3. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Did that brown/taupe Zegna silk never make it online?

4. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

Just the answer I was hoping for. They didn't look like traditional knits, and, consdering I actively avoid knit ties...that's great news [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  5. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

These are actually being held back as an exclusive collab with Massdrop...if we get the go ahead that we can sell these online without impacting our deal with them, you guys will be the first to know. They're part of a larger group of GORGOEUS streaky Italian Silks that are just sublime....:)

2 people like this.
  6. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior member

My spring acquisitions have arrived:

[​IMG]
    From L to R: Zegna Bunnacia Wool Linen Silk, Kiton Clay Cashmere Linen

[​IMG]
    From L to R: Zegna Blue Stripe Silk, Zegna Navy Plaid Cashmere Linen Silk

[​IMG]

Zegna Silk Herringbone Open Weave

The fabric on all of these is truly outstanding and the construction is excellent. All of the ties are super light and airy, which will be fantastic this spring. I'm very, very excited and heartily recommend each one.

1 person likes this.
  7. Pbayvip

Pbayvip Senior member

Fabrics are great, but I think that those ties are not symmetrical (look at the tips). Also, the sides don't look straight.

Is that on purpose or is it a flaw?
    @NewYorkIslander

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  8. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

In my YH experience, there can be SOME very slight deviation of symmetry (at least at the tip) from time to time. Such is life with handmade products. It's not a flaw in my opinion.

Also, the curvature further up is almost certainly due to packaging, and something that shakes out after being hung up. That's something I've experienced with far more frequency, and it has never been an issue after unboxing.

9. Pbayvip

Pbayvip Senior member

I have a number of YH ties, and a few of them have non-symmetrical tips. This doesn't bother me much as it's not very pronounced. I'm just asking if it's on purpose.
    Regarding the curvature higher up, I also have a beautiful navy cashmere piece that (to my eyes) is almost banana shaped. It's not getting much wear because of this, although admittedly no one in the office ever commented on this, so maybe I'm overreacting. Still, I would prefer straight lines...

10. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior member

Any curvature to a tie from above is because: (1) they were folded a few times underneath the part you see, (2) I had just taken them out of the package, and (3) because I devoted like 10 seconds to arranging them. [​IMG]

For instance, here's that first picture taken again when I actually paid attention to how the ties were laying:

[​IMG]

Now there's not really any curve to the cashmere-linen piece. The tip appears that way because it been folded during packaging. That will shake out.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  11. NewYorkIslander

A lot of the variation in terms of curvature is simply a matter of how they're stored and shipped. We've found the best way to package them is to fold them the way we have as most guys will hang their ties and the folds will come out, and shape will return. If guys roll them right away, there may be some more of that curvature until they get draped. if it's been curved for a while, a simple shot of steam should bring the proper shape back to the tie. I take a piece of flannel cloth and place it between a warm iron and the tie, then shoot some steam from the iron about 1/2 inch off of the flannel and a quick, light press. As far as the tips, if the tip is clearly off, it doesn't get sent out, or put in inventory. We've had, in the past four years, enough to count on one hand. Some will be "slightly" off, but that is due to the fact that these pieces are completely hand made. We try to get them as perfect as possible, but sometimes there can be a slightly asymmetrical tip, nothing too obvious. Hope that helps.

12. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior member

Going to be close to 80 degrees today so seemed like a perfect time to debut one of the new spring ties:

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  13. NewYorkIslander

Damn, looks GREAT! Nicely done.

1 person likes this.
  14. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior member

Thank you! Wasn't hard. It ties an excellent knot and looks great on its own.

Random aside, I rearranged my tie rack and overflow tie drawer. Turns out I have 17 YH ties! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    2 people like this.
  15. imys

imys Senior member

Chocolate flannel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  16. imys

imys Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  17. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Details on this one?

18. imys

imys Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    2 people like this.
  19. imys

imys Senior member

2 people like this.
  20. duff406

duff406 Senior member

Broke out the blazer and tie last night for a charity dinner event, so went with my blue chambray Napoli spread collar shirt. Man I love that thing. Everything about it is great, the style, fit, color, you name it. I wish it had a closet mate in the same fabric but white...

1 person likes this.