• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On another note, can somebody please buy the damn Loro Pianas?! I'm not going to have the willpower to hold off on those...

NewYawker

Reaction score
Today's YH:

Just a quick mention of how much a mensch rob and Courtney are. A few weeks back I ordered the red barley corn and the Italian silk. Package arrives and i was sent the yellow barley corn instead of the red. I shoot off an email to rob on my commute and receive a lightning fast response from Courtney. Very apologetic, she'll send me the correct tie right away and just please send back the yellow tie when you get a chance. Of course. No problem. Few days later I receive the red barley corn with a note from rob and Courtney. "Please keep both ties as a gift from us, we would love you to have the tie". WOW. I was blown away by the act of generosity and kindness. As a small start up looking to expand into other products this is greatly appreciated. Customer service like this is hard to find. Will certainly continue to be a YH customer for a long time. Thanks again rob and Courtney!

Last edited:

Wood

Reaction score
Not to make anyone too jealous, but here is the Loro Piana Rust Orange Windowpane in action.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The green linen's first public appearance will be this week, maybe Friday when it will be 79 degrees outside. It's a really great tie to be honest. That red linen certainly looked glorious in the pictures. Sort of related topic, I'm trying to figure out what sort of linen or raw silk solid ties would be essential for spring/summer that YHN could hopefully turn into a MTO. I'll have the green and salmon and you thieved the red. Any other suggestions? Perhaps navy, a red-orange, a pink, a blue similar to @imys 's Cuban beach tie, or maybe a teal?
We do have access to some linens, next time I'm at my supplier, I'll get some swatches and perhaps we can throw some MTOs together.
Teal is dicey, I'd say. Brown is a surprisingly versatile option. However, you'd never be wrong going blue/navy. Navy would probably get my vote for ultimate versatility, but a blue in the shade you mentioned would be awesome for warmer months.
Agree on all counts. Funny enough, as great as some of our lighter color ties are, they just don't move as well. I think it has to do with the fact that shirts tend to be lighter, and not many guys have a "dark shirt collection" where they can justify multiple lighter colored ties. We're working on that too!...;)
Whoooooaaaaaa, Rob, if there is any more fabric of that rusty red windowpane available, I'd love to get in on that! Looks seriously gorgeous. I have the khaki linen stripe, and it's one of my favorites.
That was an LP special, one and done. Though, if LP summer blends are you style, just wait until the summer stuff drops. We have more LP in the summer collection than we've ever had in everything else combined!
Not to make anyone too jealous, but here is the Loro Piana Rust Orange Windo wpane in action.
drools.

Goodman

Reaction score
Glad I passed on that one...Not!

At least I received my shipping confirmation for the Blue Magic Crepe and Zegna gingham. I was running a meeting and we took a 10 minute break so I checked my email and had all or 5 minutes to decide and purchase. I wanted to use it as an example of calm under fire when we regrouped but just wasn't the crowd.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We do have access to some linens, next time I'm at my supplier, I'll get some swatches and perhaps we can throw some MTOs together.
Agree on all counts. Funny enough, as great as some of our lighter color ties are, they just don't move as well. I think it has to do with the fact that shirts tend to be lighter, and not many guys have a "dark shirt collection" where they can justify multiple lighter colored ties. We're working on that too!...
wink.gif

That was an LP special, one and done. Though, if LP summer blends are you style, just wait until the summer stuff drops. We have more LP in the summer collection than we've ever had in everything else combined!
drools.
It's unfortunate, because they are gorgeous. I love that teal imys showed, but I just couldn't see myself being able to make it "work," I suppose.

In regards to the LP, looks like it's time to grease the wallet...I have a feeling I'll be pulling it out a lot in the summer months!

@RuleOfRescue is that the purple? I have the navy and red, and those are probably some of my most enjoyable ties to wear.

@Beatlegeuse that tie really is the ****....such an awesomely dry hand to it.

@Wood I'm still not over my anger/jealousy of that LP windowpane. So damn sexy
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

RuleOfRescue

Reaction score
@ericgereghty

Yup! Purple it is. I have a hard time wearing this one with anything but solids so any insight appreciated.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say pretty much anything light blue that doesn't have a super dominant design (I.e. Butcher stripes). I think that would look great with a striped shirt or a subtle check.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics