1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Imhoff, Dec 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

@shoetree that pic makes me SO pissed off that I didn't scoop up all the LP blends. The one I do have (cashmere/silk) is fantastic, and that one looks just as beautiful [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. shoetree

shoetree Senior member

Thank you sir. Along with this tie, I also picked up the wool/silk/linen blend grey pencil stripe. These LP blends are a home run.

1 person likes this.
  3. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Midnight herringbone Zegna:
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

I know it's just one of many details, but the placket design on your casual shirts is simply perfect.

1 person likes this.
  5. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Thanks Patrick! Not being formally trained in design, it's been a lot of trial and error, but this was one of the things I envisioned from the get go....it's nice to se someone else take notice! :)

6. Jay Primo

Jay Primo Active Member

7. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

The Leonardo Barber shirts look awesome. I need to get home so I can check my other YH shirts to see which size I ended up landing on and put my order in.

8. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Got my Leonardo today. It's awesome. Great stuff Rob. Same size as YH OCBDs gives the perfect overshirt fit imo. Fabric is really lovely and construction and design details are so good.

Fair warning. I got the Bunaccia and I will give everyone time to pick one up, but I maaay go back for the Celeste. :)

3 people like this.
  9. Don L

Don L Senior member

How heavy is the fabric Frank?

10. FrankCowperwood

Not too heavy, esp. raw. If I had to guess I'd say 6/7 oz. should be perfect three season layer and probably even works for cooler summer wear.

1 person likes this.
  11. NewYorkIslander

Bang on, 6oz Raw Chambray...and I agree, you're good with this in a lot of weather....just not freezing cold or scalding hot.

12. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

@NewYorkIslander - It looks like I was too slow on the trigger yesterday evening and the YH3 "Bunnacia Chambray" Barber shirt has sold out. Any chance of more in that size coming available?

13. FrankCowperwood

I know I'm honeymooning with this Huston textiles fabric, but this kind of small batch fabric with a story is a really great thing if you can do more of it Rob.

What about a SF special fabric? We group think (or is that called crowd sourcing...?) a fabric and it gets made into a special piece for preorder?

1 person likes this.
  14. NewYorkIslander

Unfortunately the Bunnacia Blue is all gone, we got a very small amount as he only made one of these rolls, and we got everything that was left. BUT...we have two new Hustons coming later in the Spring, and one is fairly similar to this.

I'll talk to Ryan ad see what we can do. How bad ass would a Red Chambray be? I know he's shut up shop for a while, but I'll see if we can talk him into something like this.

15. shoetree

shoetree Senior member

[​IMG]
    LP Wool/Linen/Silk pencil stripe

2 people like this.
  16. NewYorkIslander

A few things to announce.

1. Use the code "WinterBlowOut" to grab any of our 2016 remaining stock (Barber Shirt not included) that's already reduced, at an additional 20% off. At this price, you're even better than most Mall Brands for a handmade in the US dress shirt or tie. I'm pretty sure our tie stock is VERY low, only about 8 left total, and the shirts are just as low. So if you happen to see your size available now is the time to grab it. One of the sale items are these great Napoli Chambray Spread Collars:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Spring arrivals will begin to roll out this week starting with some sweet Pinpoint Oxfords in a gorgeous light red
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and classic stone grey
    [​IMG][​IMG].

Ties should be up next week or the week after, and boy we have some doozies.

3. I have a few sample pieces I can offer to the folks here on Styleforum.

I have a couple of our Made in Brooklyn Denim Work Shirts (long sold out) available if anyone is interested. Pretty sure I have one each of the Galliano and Tony model in an 8oz Italian Denim (each size YH2) and I also have a Japanese raw 6oz selvedge in the Tony that's lined in Orange Cashmere (YH3). The two YH2 were $75, and the cashmere lined YH3 is $135.

I also have a lovely Kiton Hemp Button Down in size YH2 in a beautiful Nude color ($75). We had hoped to run with production on these, but the bolt was bought from under us so we only were able to make the samples. Do not PM or comment here if you'd like these, but email me at yellowhookshop@gmail.com

1 person likes this.
  17. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Code isn't working for me on the buttondowns.

18. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Looking forward to seeing what you have in store, Rob!

19. duff406

duff406 Senior member

I can't say enough good things about the fabric and construction on the dress shirts. Sold out in my size for anything I would wear, otherwise I would be stocking up at these prices. Anxious to see the new season rolling out!

1 person likes this.
  20. heldentenor

heldentenor Senior member

Nabbed a streaky blue chambray to complement my pink OCBD. I think it's old news by now, but the quality on these shirts is awesome.