1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Imhoff, Dec 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Goodman

Goodman Senior member

Had a chance to break out this bad boy today. Wore it more casually during the day with jeans and a sweater then switched into office pants and a jacket for a night out on the town.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Wanted to post a quick review of the Yellow Hook classic fit shirt I recently picked up when Rob offered the blowout deal for $75. Out of the box, the quality of the shirt is amazing. I'm not knowledgeable enough to speak intelligently about all the different facets of the shirt construction that make it so great, all I know is that I can tell a nice shirt from a crappy one. And this is a very very very nice one. The collar is soft and has a wonderful old school roll to it, and the blue oxford fabric is versatile enough to wear with anything from a navy blazer to jeans, and maybe even a casual-ish suit, depending on your style.

Now here's the only downside for me, I checked the neck, chest, and waist measurements when I ordered it, which worked pretty well, although I could probably nip it in the waist a bit. But I neglected to check the sleeve measurement. I'm sure for an average guy it will work fine (sleeves were about 25.25" measured from shoulder seam to cuff), but they were about 2 inches too short on me, which unfortunately renders the shirt unwearable. If anyone is interested in picking this shirt up from me, I can ship it for free for only $75, which is what I paid for it, and believe me this is an insane value for the price. It is a size YH2 classic fit (not the original slimmer fit). PM me if you're interested, thanks!

1 person likes this.
  3. justridiculous

justridiculous Senior member

^^^Man, if that was my size, I'd be all over it.

1 person likes this.
  4. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Woodhouse Cashmere with color coordinated socks (American Trench) and Alden Cigar LHS

[​IMG]
    My Brother-in-law in the Pumpkin Cashmere.

2 people like this.
  5. Jay Primo

Jay Primo Active Member

6. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Looking GREAT guys. Just a heads up, "BLACKFRIDAY" at checkout gets you an additional 10% off at www.yellowhookshop.com

Hope you're all enjoying the extended Holiday weekend!

7. varsityreds0123

varsityreds0123 Senior member

If anyone is looking to part with the following tie, I will gladly purchase it from you!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    2 people like this.
  8. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

That is such a beautiful tie.

1 person likes this.
  9. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

It really is. Very glad I snagged one...hope you're able to get your hands on one!

2 people like this.
  10. NewYorkIslander

1 person likes this.
  11. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior member

So my Thanksgiving order of the Kiton Cashmere Linen Plaid and the Red & Blue Raw Silk Stripe ties arrived today. I'm beyond impressed. The Kiton is just crazy soft and luxurious and I wish I had a robe or something made out of the fabric. The pattern is great and I can't wait to wear it. The raw silk is equally amazing and I'd really recommend that you guys purchase it while it's still available (the Kiton is gone now so too late!). It's an excellent basic striped tie with a bit of twist with the use of the raw silk. The red is more of a dark red or burgundy in real life and the silk itself is amazing. I love the texture that the slubs of the raw silk provide. Super versatile.

I purchased both of these for navy blazer/grey trouser wear but suffice it to say, no security guard will be able to compete with these ties.

2 people like this.
  12. Goodman

Goodman Senior member

I came home to find my 2 new Zegna's waiting for me. The dark navy knit cashmere and the cashmere dark blue plaid. These were the 2 ties that stuck with me following the trunk show. The hand and depth of color on both is amazing.

2 people like this.
  13. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Ordered another Napoli shirt - I love the one I got at the Proper Kit and with the current Cyber Monday deal this was too great of a price to pass up.

1 person likes this.
  14. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior member

Red and Blue Raw Silk. Crappy pics but that's the reality of indoor fluorescent lighting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  15. Don L

Don L Senior member

You just sold me on that tie so pics were not crappy[​IMG]
    Order placed

3 people like this.
  16. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Dang, you beat me to it. I had this in my cart but my saved credit card had expired so I needed to wait until I could grab it and update the expiration date. You must have gotten the last one!

17. Don L

Don L Senior member

Ah man, sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

I'm glad that one has sold out. I wanted it, but wouldn't have worn enough to justify it...now you folks NEED to snag the LP offerings. ESPECIALLY the cashmere/silks...they're magnificent.

1 person likes this.
  19. NewYorkIslander

If you don't mind a bit of a wait, we do have a bit of this fabric left and can do an MTO (length and width of your choice as well). Reach out via PM if you'd like. :)

1 person likes this.
  20. NewYorkIslander

If any of you guys are in NYC this weekend, come say hi at American Field Brooklyn at the Brooklyn Expo Center 79 Franklin St, Brooklyn, NY 11222. We'll be debuting the Leonardo Barber Shirt (named after my great grandfather who came here in 1892 with $10 in his pocket, a suitcase, and a dream. He eventually opened his own shop up on Coney Island in 1910 (seen below at 2202 Surf Avenue in this 1914 photograph) where he worked his entire life.

[​IMG]

Oh, we'll also have some special pricing in person only at the show this weekend, if you needed some extra motivation to come say hi.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    2 people like this.