1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Imhoff, Dec 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Some shots from my baby brother's wedding this weekend:
    Zegna Navy and White Silk Stripe and Napoli Grey Spread Collar (only one left of these bad boys)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wonder where the kid gets that pose prom?

I think we're going to be moving forward with this new over shirt pattern as a second option potentially this Winter/Spring, maybe more realistically next Fall. Its a much more relaxed fit, and has so many utilitarian pockets. I feel that while the workplace has gotten more casual, something like this would be super beneficial for the "modern working man". The work shirt of yesteryear was for a blue collar worker, who sweat and toiled and needed something very different to do his job. this shirt, almost like a lab coat, has plenty of pockets for a smartphone, pen/pencil, notebook, tablet and wallet so you can have everything you need with you at all times, whether your sitting at a cubicle or walking around a classroom. Testing it out has been a lot of fun the past two weeks, and with some minor tweaks it really will sing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

of course we'll be keeping this pattern as well:

[​IMG]

2. imys

imys Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. NewYorkIslander

2 people like this.
  4. NewYorkIslander

Had a great time at The Proper Kit yesterday with @LA Guy and the rest of the SF crew. Big thanks for putting it all together!

As you guys might know, we're working on a new shirt pattern. Based on all of our initial orders, we decided it would be worthwhile for us to also offer a more relaxed fit. Many guys after initially ordering returned their shirts for the next size up, and while we know thats always a viable option, especially if you're looking for a tapered fit, we also know that it means the shirts may have just been cut a bit too slim for some guys.

I want ALL of our customers to be happy, whether they wear slim gear or prefer something more relaxed. So, I'm offering EXCLUSIVELY here an opportunity for guys to "test" our new pattern out in our Napoli Spread Collar or HeirloomButton Down pattern at the best price we can possibly offer these hand made, single needle shirts out without losing any money. So, for only $75 you get a brand new, unworn, first quality Yellow Hook Shirt in our new Traditional Fit in the following sizes (measurements are across the front at the Chest, Waist and Hip). these shirts feature all of the details that our production shirts do, including hand cut patterns, single needle stitching and our beautiful soft collars. Neck sizes will follow the same pattern, YH1 15", YH2 15.5", YH3 16", YH4 16.5" and YH5 17" but the measurements will change from there down as follows:

Heirloom Button Down:
    YH2 22.5", 20.75", 21" (Compared to Slim Fit YH2 21", 19.5", 20.75)
    YH3 23", 22", 22.5"
    YH4 24", 23", 23.5"

Napoli Spread Collar
    YH2 22.5", 20.5", 21.5" (Compared to Slim Fit YH2 21,5", 19.75", 20")
    YH4 25.5", 23.5", 24"
    YH5 25.25", 23.75", 24.25"

Please reach out via PM and I'll update what is still available.

I'll also include a free tie from a previous season as well just as a thank you. The only thing we ask is that you post your feedback here for not only us, but everyone on SF to see what the new fit entails and just how great our shirts are!

As always, thanks for your continued support in growing this passion project for Courtney and I.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  5. tricky

tricky Senior member

Whoa that's a ridiculous deal.

1 person likes this.
  6. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Aw man no YH1s?!?!?! :D

I picked up a Napoli spread collar yesterday at Proper Kit, the fit is great - the chambray has to be seen in person to be believed - if any of you are on the fence you really need to jump on the deal!

1 person likes this.
  7. NewYorkIslander

I've been beating the heck out of the YH1s...:) They were the first of the Traditional fits we have done and we've made some tweaks on successive models from which we based the other sizes.

8. tricky

tricky Senior member

The regular/slim fit models work well for me so i cant jump in on this offer, but I can attest to quality of the chambray material on the Napoli spread collars.

1 person likes this.
  9. imys

imys Senior member

Big brown herringbone.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Jay Primo

Jay Primo Active Member

hello this jay...do you have a YH5 (Napoli spread) and what colors please? thank you

11. Don L

Don L Senior member

Rob:

Any YH3 Classic fit in Chambray Spread?

12. NewYorkIslander

Hey bud, I may, have to check when I get home though. I'll let you know via messenger if that's cool.

Sorry dude, that's all gone. First one to go!

13. imys

imys Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  14. NewYorkIslander

15. imys

imys Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. tricky

tricky Senior member

@imys that's incredible!

1 person likes this.
  17. NewYorkIslander

Only one shirt left for the sample offer, a YH4 Trad Fit Spread Collar.

For all those who serve, thanks so much. Growing up with two grandfathers who served in the Second World War, I know that it's not only the service member who serves, but the families as well. Thank you!

18. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

[​IMG]

Woodhouse Cashmere, Zegna Navy Cashmere, W Bill Wool/Silk Tweed, W Bill Cashmere Barleycorn, Zegna Espresso Cashmere

@imys @NewYorkIslander Is Four-in-hand the best knot for these? Full Windsor seems to get out of control with the thickness of the wool...

3 people like this.
  19. imys

imys Senior member

@Bakes11771 that is a gorgeous YHN collection you acquired. The Zenga's and W. Bill's are incredible.

Due to the thickness of the fabric and 6-fold pattern of those ties in particular, I would use a four-in-hand knot. For all my Fall/WInter-weight YHN fabrics, I exclusively use a four-in-hand knot. The exception is with some of the delicate and lightweight summer fabrics (i.e., linens, silks) and in particular the lightweight handprinted Italian silks; I use a double four-in-hand or half Windsor in order to obtain a more substantial knot.

2 people like this.
  20. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

I'd say never do a Full Windsor for any tie, but definitely steer clear with those ones. The knot must be enormous going FW with those.

3 people like this.