• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kicking it in a sample lightweight selvedge denim workshirt. A few tweaks on this before we run with it.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brown Fresco under natural and artificial light. Can't advocate this tie strongly enough. Not sure if Rob is still running the pre-order options, but, if he is, trust me and get one of these.

Edit: in my opinion, that might be the best dimple I've ever made lol...and these pictures were after 8 or so (first) and 14 (second) hours of wear, which speaks very highly to YH construction.

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So whats the deal with the horizontal line on the denim shirt pockets? Is that the selvedge?

If so, I would suggest having the selvedge line on an inside seam of the front placket (where it is hidden to everyone but you and your lover), the edge of the sleeve placket or gusset for a more subtle look. I vote for the sleeve placket if you can make it work. That would be a unique detail.

pravda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@newyorkislander your style is fantastic. And you accessorize with great flair. Looking forward to future posts.

P

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
e2761bf8fd09665dba5ae5bf0af43a4b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rob, any update on the new spring drops? Can we expect them this coming week?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweeeeeeeet. Pulled the trigger on the Draper Fresco. Can't wait to see how it compares touch wise to the Brown Fresco.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In looking back at this thread's history, I am SOOOOOOPEr pissed I didn't know about YH a few years back!

If anyone has (and is willing to part with) any of the below, let me know!

Cyclone Flax
Santa Lucia
Dodger Windowpane
Linen Brown Houndstooth
Coney Red Stripe
LL
(whatever this one is)

I don't anticipate anyone being willing to offload any of these gems (lord knows I wouldn't), but you never get anything if you don't ask!

Still waiting with bated breath on the new drops coming!

imys

Reaction score
In looking back at this thread's history, I am SOOOOOOPEr pissed I didn't know about YH a few years back!

If anyone has (and is willing to part with) any of the below, let me know!

Cyclone Flax
Santa Lucia
Dodger Windowpane
Linen Brown Houndstooth
Coney Red Stripe
LL
(whatever this one is)

I don't anticipate anyone being willing to offload any of these gems (lord knows I wouldn't), but you never get anything if you don't ask!

Still waiting with bated breath on the new drops coming!
Sorry bud,

These are some of my YH classics. There's no way I'll be parting with these beauties. If we were geographically closer I would lend them to you. I'm 'hook'(ed) on Yellow forever.

I'll devote my posts this week to the YH classics.

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol no worries. I'm an only child, so I was never good with the whole sharing thing. If you parted with them, there's no way you'd be getting em back haha!

Edit: your (geography permitting) kindness is still appreciated!

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great stuff @imys these pics make me regret not jumping on this tie/colorway. I was bit a scared by how slim the knot looked in the site's pics, but that looks fine...and the texture is amazing!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads