1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Imhoff, Dec 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Holy crap. That tie is gorgeous.

I didn't see that on the site.

Also, another note - NYI, you should consider either just showing a closeup of the fabric instead of the entire tie, or the entire tie and a closeup of the fabric on rollover. Everyone knows what a tie looks like, the fabric is what you want to see. And I haven't the patience to click through all of them, though I just did trying to find the above tie.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

the snagging NYI referring to, was that the one thinkderm just quoted, or the OTHER zegna fabric YHNT i have, that was a limited production of 2 or 3 ties?

dis one.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  3. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Yup, that was one of our first...sorry J. We only made two and they are LONG gone.

MrJ...I hear you...we're learning as we go and I think thats a nice way to show our product. Photography is one of the things we struggle with the most. Our previews will focus on closeups of the ties for fall and winter,

1 person likes this.
  4. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I think it'd also be cool if you limited them to a certain amount per row (like three or four) and had damn near exactly the picture shown above, the tie on a handsome fit, with no words unless rolled over. Somewhat a nod to the minimalist look. Shows you a look you could admire, the tie in a not too close nor not too far, and puts the numbers of clicks down.. just another idea. :)

5. NewYorkIslander

Thanks man...the reason we don't include a look is because we don't want customers feeling limited with how they can wear their tie...my wife and I disagree about this (I'm on your side) but she has final say with all "business/photog" decisions and allows me complete creative control of the making process (fabric selection, size and style of tie, etc...).

6. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I guess that's fair.

What you could do is have an offline webpage that yellowhooknecktie redirects to on her computer that shows it her way. Then have the actual website show online, with our idea!!

Kind of like when someone told Crete from the office, all he has to do to update his online journal is to type the update in to notepad and save it to his My Documents folder.

1 person likes this.
  7. NewYorkIslander

8. NewYorkIslander

Fall Preview #1.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Keep it coming :slayer:

10. in stitches

11. NewYorkIslander

Some of our Indian Summer ties...these should be up on Monday at our web site. The quantities will be very limited, as these were special units we were able to secure, but only in very small amounts, even smaller than our usual stocks. I believe there will be only two of the paisley cashmere, and one of the knit stripe. Plus we'll have a surprise or two as well.

Red, White and Blue Knit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    100% Cashmere Paisley
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Oh man, too bad your shipping costs are so high, that red/white/blue knit is gorgeous.

13. NewYorkIslander

We're free to the USA, but if you'd like that knit, I may be able to find a less expensive way to get to the EU. Priority is the safest, and $24.95 flat rate for one to two ties. Mailing it parcel post used to be a great option, although it'd take a while, but unfortunately thats not offered anymore (as of January I believe).

If you'd like more than one, I'd be happy to come down on the cost of shipping with you. I'd be happy to offer $10 EU shipping for all SF EU folks. Just shoot me a pm and I can make that happen.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  14. in stitches

15. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

First class mail is pretty cheap if you insure the package

1 person likes this.
  16. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Thanks, that's very kind of you. I understand the reasoning behind the costs, but when shipping is a quarter of the product's price it feels a little prohibitive to me, which is a shame, because your ties are some of the best on the other side of the pond. They always look great when stitches is wearing them. I'll have a look when the new ties are online, and I might just send you that PM.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  17. NewYorkIslander

Thank you for suggesting this. It seems significantly cheaper at $12, how long does it generally take to get to the EU?

18. NewYorkIslander

This will be coming out in mid September, a beautiful cashmere/wool tweed with color that just blew me away when I found the bolt on a shelf.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. in stitches

20. NewYorkIslander

Another Mid-September Fall drop, Australian Wool Subtle Herringbone in a sweet Chocolate color...with just a hint of orange flecks...this screamed "FALL!" at me when I saw the bolt on the shelf!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]