1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Imhoff, Dec 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. imys

imys Senior member

Such a great YHN collection @kali77

The blue handprinted Italian silk paisley is amazing. Very lightweight, as if you're not wearing anything at all. My ultimate favourite from this summer's collection. The red and yellow version are killer too!

1 person likes this.
  2. imys

imys Senior member

Eric, don't sit on it too long. They are amazing. I thought I wouldn't get a lot of wear out of them, but surprisingly I've worn them quite often. They add such a nice 'pop' to your wardrobe especially if your collection is saturated with blues and grays, like mine is. Its served me well on several outdoor sunny events. The cashmere is incredibly soft. The Herringbone has a little more 'shine', more like a gold tint to it compared with the 100% cashmere. Definitely worth purchasing them, or at least one of them.

1 person likes this.
  3. imys

imys Senior member

The streaky green and blue 100% linens this year are fantastic. Every summer Rob comes out with only a handful of 100% linens, and this year's collection by far is an exceptional one. The linen blends are incredible too, especially the ocean linen/silk and the linen stripe, which I believe is a pre-/back-order only.

1 person likes this.
  4. imys

imys Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

Speaking of custom - I got some custom bowties from Yellow Hook last fall and they turned out great!

1 person likes this.
  6. imys

imys Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Just a heads up, the Summer Blow Out Sale doesn't have much time left. Once we get the Fall product up, these will be gone for good! So shop away, there are some great seasonal pieces still available plus a bunch of great Wool Silk Tweeds for Fall.

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I thought all the ties would be picked over from the sale, but I just picked up the English sand plaid. Most of my ties are darker (mostly navy and brown), so I figured it would be nice to break it up with something a little lighter.

1 person likes this.
  9. NewYorkIslander

Oh boy, you guys are gonna go apey for these, expect them up in a few weeks. But here's a sneak peak at one of Yellow Hook's Rescued Denim Work Shirts, made right down the street in Brooklyn, NY.

[​IMG]

10. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

That material looks pretty cool. Can you comment on the fit? It looks like something that would benefit from being cut to fit much more casually than the other shirts you've offered.

11. NewYorkIslander

Sure, the fit is similar to the dress shirts and button downs with slightly more room, but not enough to make a huge size difference. They are shorter, as they are designed to be worn untucked, a true "chore shirt" if you will.

Here's a shot of me in this yesterday:

[​IMG]

This is a size YH2.

Also important to note, these are going to part of a collection of special denim that we're in the process of trademarking. There will be VERY LIMITED amounts produced of each. This one particular model will only make one shirt (A size YH3) for retail sale, and there's no way to re-order the denim....so these will be truly unique and special pieces.

3 people like this.
  12. imys

imys Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. NewYorkIslander

We have some preview shots of our Fall 2016 Neckwear collection that we'll be featuring this week...starting with a few pieces that WILL be available MTO. Courtney and I need to sit down and figure out how the MTO process will work, but I know several of you have asked about it, so we've made sure we ran some pieces that we were able to purchase large enough bolts for MTO. Again, once these bolts have been run through, they are gone for good, and some only have one or two MTO's in them.

MTO 1- Loro Piana Cashmere Silk (Italy) $125
    [​IMG]

MTO 2- WBill Super 100s Cashmere and Mink (England) $120
    [​IMG]

MTO 3- Draper Wool Linen (Italy) $120
    [​IMG]

MTO 4- WBill Superfleece Wool (Scotland) $120
    [​IMG]

MTO 5- WBill Wooly Mamoth Tweed (Scotland) $120
    [​IMG]

MTO 6- Loro Piana Cashmere SIlk (Italy) $125
    [​IMG]

MTO 7- Zegna 100% Cashmere Knit (Italy) This photo was taken in direct light, it really is more of a Navy as shown in second picture. $130
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MTO 8- WBill Tweed (Scotland) $120
    [​IMG]

MTO 9- Zegna 100% Cashmere (Italy) $130
    [​IMG]

MTO 10- Zegna 100% Cashmere (Italy) $130
    [​IMG]

Prices listed are the what the retail is going to be on the ties, there will be an MTO fee of $25 per tie.

We are figuring out how we will get this into our web platform, but for now can take orders via email at yellowhookshop@gmail.com.

4 people like this.
  14. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Good lord, that MTO 8- WBill Tweed (Scotland) [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  15. Funcheese

Funcheese Well-Known Member

I hear you with the Epaulet fits, I have same issues...also with the ice cream and pizza ;)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  16. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

@Funcheese I know this post was made with the intent to be helpful, but I'd like to suggest that this kind of post detailing YH's competitors in the shirting space probably would have been better kept to a private message.

17. Funcheese

Funcheese Well-Known Member

Noted and fixed. Thank you!

1 person likes this.
  18. imys

imys Senior member

Linen windowpane

Outdoor
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Indoor
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  19. NewYorkIslander

Proud to announce we'll be hooking up with American Field for three great shows in three GREAT cities (Boston, Washington DC and our home turf, literally just down the street from us in Brooklyn). We hope you guys can make it out to these to check out our great new stuff in person. We'll be debuting a new and exclusive piece at each show, show if you needed some incentive there you go!

[​IMG]

More details to follow.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  20. TM79

TM79 Senior member

That's great to hear. I own about 10 Yellowhook ties at this point so maybe I'll stop by and say hello while you're in Boston.

1 person likes this.