• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yearning for the old days?

GreyFlannelMan

Reaction score
For all of those who yearn for the return of a certain former member of SF who resides in France, you need only visit another new clothing message board to view him in his full glory. His time away from SF and AAAC seems to have made him more disagreeable. Check it out and see if you really would like him around here.

devil.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
His "During an interview, would you hire a employee wearing ?" thread had me in stitches.

modsquad

Reaction score
It's too funny. Buffy may find himself sinking remarkably quickly to the level of us scruffs and actually exiling a fine gentlemen from his site. Maybe he'll also get the picture that when someone is banned, it's not necessarily the moderator who is the jerk.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm especially fond of this gem:

FNB-The restaurant was NERO in the meat packing district which is an excellent place for a date. The brothers who run it are very friendly and willing to accomodate for surprises for your guest. My hottie du soir was celebrating her birthday and the owners helped abet the surprise.

Ernest-The 16th is often an important birthday, i hope she liked the teddy bear backpack she got as a gift !!

Briguy

Reaction score
Is there a link somewhere to that other forum?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I'm especially fond of this gem:

FNB-The restaurant was NERO in the meat packing district which is an excellent place for a date. The brothers who run it are very friendly and willing to accomodate for surprises for your guest. My hottie du soir was celebrating her birthday and the owners helped abet the surprise.

Ernest-The 16th is often an important birthday, i hope she liked the teddy bear backpack she got as a gift !!

That's actually quite funny ;p

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
That's actually quite funny ;p

Lol, that is pretty funny. Although, you know unlike others who post such jokes, he was not saying it in jest. Although, what do you expect form a vagrant 30 year-old, jobless bum?

BTW, FNB's forum strikes me as a gathering place for those who were shunned from the (how best to say this?) "˜professional' clothing-forum community. Its like all the banned trolls got together and made a forum...because all our old "˜favorites' are there. Now, who wants a tour guide for when you go to Paris?
devil.gif

Jon.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ya, I noticed that as well. I read one thread and 2-3 pages were spent attacking Kabbaz and his prices. Personally, I have a positive impression of Kabbaz, and I don't particularly care for some of the people on that forum.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ya, I noticed that as well. I read one thread and 2-3 pages were spent attacking Kabbaz and his prices. Personally, I have a positive impression of Kabbaz, and I don't particularly care for some of the people on that forum.

I think Alex (from the forum of course, not real life...) strikes me as a bit too hard headed, a bit too "˜well, I'm right, and if you have a different opinion you're an idiot, because I'm right and I can't be wrong'. Although, attacking the mans views on an internet forum does not follow suit to attacking his clothing, which to eyewitness accounts, are pretty damn good. I don't know if $600+ good, but good nonetheless.

By "˜people' (and I use the term ever so loosely) you mean Marc Grayson, Ernest, Shooman, Darren Beaman, etc...?

Jon.

Mr. Checks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That place is like a homeless shelter.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I didn't intend to de-rail this thread, but the prices for Kabbaz's shirts really aren't that out of line with high-end retail prices. They attack him on price since that's the only way they really can. Alex does draw fire with some of his comments, but he also contributes a lot of knowledge and don't think he deserves the constant attacks (and obviously some of the forum moderators agree with me).

As for the $600 dress shirt, I was reading through an issue of Monsieur that listed shirt companies and what they charged per shirt, and let me tell you that some of those prices make Alex look like a bargain.

I was at my shirt-maker the other day and he showed me a shirt by a company called Zilli based in Paris that a client asked him to repair. The cost was 850 Euros, and let me tell you this was no 200x2 Alumo or Albini fabric. Borrelli is $350-600 and that's not even for bespoke. Harry Rosen in Canada charges $400 for its "bespoke" shirts and for that you get Thomas Mason Goldline. If you step it up to 2ply 170s the cost is more like 550. I was reading on FNB's forum that Vacca charges $500 for shirts in SilverLine fabrics. It's still less than Alex, but let me tell you from personal experience that the quality of the product is far inferior.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I didn't intend to de-rail this thread, but the prices for Kabbaz's shirts really aren't that out of line with high-end retail prices. They attack him on price since that's the only way they really can. Alex does draw fire with some of his comments, but he also contributes a lot of knowledge and don't think he deserves the constant attacks (and obviously some of the forum moderators agree with me).

As for the $600 dress shirt, I was reading through an issue of Monsieur that listed shirt companies and what they charged per shirt, and let me tell you that some of those prices make Alex look like a bargain.

I was at my shirt-maker the other day and he showed me a shirt by a company called Zilli based in Paris that a client asked him to repair. The cost was 850 Euros, and let me tell you this was no 200x2 Alumo or Albini fabric. Borrelli is $350-600 and that's not even for bespoke. Harry Rosen in Canada charges $400 for its "bespoke" shirts and for that you get Thomas Mason Goldline. If you step it up to 2ply 170s the cost is more like 550. I was reading on FNB's forum that Vacca charges $500 for shirts in SilverLine fabrics. It's still less than Alex, but let me tell you from personal experience that the quality of the product is far inferior.

As I said, I have not seen the shirts firsthand, and can only attest to what others have told me. And yes, at times Alex has provided knowledge, but it is up to the moderators to decide if his other posts out weigh the knowledge gained, or not.

Jon.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once you distill the attacks on various individuals and firms, there actually is quite a bit of useful information circulating on that site.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads